Hurry up BFPs!!! We are ready when you are :-)

oh - not quite as much fun as I'd imagine. I hope the op is nothing serious - you've had enough to deal with without that on top. :nope: I hope you get to spend a bit of time at the beach too...

Thanks hilslo, had lots of time to prepare for this one so feeling ok :) still petrified to watch my child go under general though. Deep breaths lol.

It will no doubt be more scary for you than them! Good luck - I'm sure everything will be just fine :thumbup:

Yes usually these issues do not reoccur. I hope u get some answers soon.
As u know my baby had triploidy like twinmummy. My papp-a was very low at 0.08 and my hcg was the same. Its a massive indicator of a problem. My NT measurement was fine at 1.3mm. It just goes to show how important these tests are. Hopefully next time we can all have smooth pregnancies without all those ups and downs.

Xxx

Thanks MrsBroodyPant - I do find it oddly comforting to be around you girls....(I cannot describe it any other way) - no one really understands what you go through, unless you have gone through it yourself.

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find out about the triploidy? Did you have an Amnio? We couldn't have a CVS as the Dr felt the placenta looked small and he wanted to do an Amnio after our NIPD test. It just didn't get to that for us.

Here's for smooth pregnancies for all of us!

Oh and to add to the list of jobs we all do - I work as an Administrator for a Superannuation (Pensions) company. I am going to give up work in the next few months though (most likely) as I have decided to go through fertility treatment without the added stress of trying to make up the times I am late due to fertility appointments and since you go for blood work every 2-3 days for the first 1-15 odd days and then randomly afterwards, it seemed I was making up heaps of time.

I had a cvs done which is how they discovered triploidy. One week the baby and placenta looked healthy then the placenta developed lots of lakes and the babies head grew but not the body. She was always measuring 2 weeks behind. One week they saw a brain cyst, then it appeared to be gone but she was born with the back of her head open so it had been a defect linked to triploidy. So many scans and up and downs. What a rollercoaster!

Twinmummy - good luck to your twin for their op. I hope u all get to enjoy your time away too.

Xxx

I missed the jobs post - I'm a stay at home mum. But one day when the kids are all at school and we move close to a university I want to study to be a midwife or a paramedic.

Susan - we found out it was triploidy from the testing after we sent her body and placenta away.
We found out about the elevated risk for a chromosomal problem on a Thursday and booked the amnio for about 2 weeks away when I would be 16 weeks. Unfortunately I had a kidney ultrasound the very next day and learnt she has grown her wings.

I can't imagine how stressful all that uncertainty must have been for you both. The endless bits of hope that get whipped away. When we went for the emergency scan we heard that heartbeat and for a few minutes we thought everything was going to be okay and that the pain must relate to something else. I remember crying with relief.

I think in some respects I was lucky though. Once we found out it was ectopic I was in theatre in less than an hour so didn't have time to think or worry. The anaesthetist even commented on how calm I was considering this was my first operation. It all felt quite surreal.

Reading on these boards there are so many things that can go wrong it's hard to imagine that it can ever go right. We just have to remember that it does and IT WILL for us next time. I'm really looking forward to us all getting our BFPs and being on the boards where they're all now expecting. I'm so jealous of those ladies but hoping we all get there together :hugs:

I totally agree hilslo. It does seems hard to imagine a pregnancy going smoothly when so much can possibly go wrong. But surely our luck will change and we will all get our forever babies.
Xxx

I went home the Thursday night and just googled away. All I was coming up with was how the blood screening gives so many false positives and not to let it get to you basically. Odds were in my favour it would just be a false reading. How wrong they were. I'll never think twice about the blood tests again.

Hilslo, I am amazed (for lack of a better word) that you made it so far with an ectopic.

I cant wait for the ladies in this thread to start getting their BFPs!!! Makes me feel excited xxx

I cant wait for the ladies in this thread to start getting their BFPs!!! Makes me feel excited xxx

Yeah will be great :)

Right now, I want my bleeding to stop and my period to come back in a timely fashion

I had bleeding for a week then light spotting for a week and now just over a week of nothing. Im sure your bleeding will stop shortly.
Xxx

Sheesh, the cramps and period like pain hurts so bad tonight that I am taking panadol and nurofen plus - is this normal?

It could be normal, but i didnt get any period pains or cramps hun. xxx

If it persists tomorrow I will call my gynae. It happened last night too and I passed some small clots and bled a bit and eased. I don't want to have a D&C.... They seemed pretty sure that they got all the placenta at the time.

Hello all, I was away for the weekend and just caught up on everything!
I still think it's too early to O (cd8 today) but today after CD I laid on the bed with my legs up. DH lay there with his legs up as well <3 I just love him so much!
My sides ache and I'm cramping every other day. I would really like my body to settle down.

Hi Nina,

Where did u go for the weekend? anywhere nice? Funny that your DH put his legs up too!!
xxx

We went to my Moms. And I got all mixed up because of the middle of the week holiday, we kept thinking it was Saturday today! so it wasn't really a weekend :wacko:
I'm so happy that we only have work tomorrow and then another REAL weekend! :)

I think I've read just about every post in every thread now and one of the overriding themes is that although we all seem to be having similar emotional reactions, our bodies all seem to react very differently (even to very similar circumstances!). I guess we all just have to wait to see what happens (when we'll get our first AF, first O and first BFP!) but in the meantime, if you get that feeling that something just isn't right, get down to your doctors. Even if it turns out there is nothing wrong, it is definitely better to be on the safe side!

Nina - It sounds weird picturing you both but it has made me laugh out loud at the thought!! Definitely need to keep a bit of humour in the mix with the TTC. Definitely not too early to start - who knows what our bodies are up to at the moment! :dust:

AFM - My temp went back below my usual O temps so must have been a random spike (just to tease me inot thinking my body might be doing something useful!). Had my first day back in the office today. I spent half of it trying to hold back tears (people were being too nice!) and half frantically trying to catch up on the past 3.5 weeks! I had to leave early though as I got really sore - I can't beleive how long it is taking to get better physically. I thought I was fairly fit and would bounce back. I was sooo wrong!!

ps - I'm typing this with a view of a big bright rainbow out of my window - a good sign for our rainbow babies I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->