Hurry up BFPs!!! We are ready when you are :-)

Sarahkr is this the clear blue easy fertility monitor? I have one of this but after it kept showing high but no peak, I found out I wasn't ovulating on my own

Sarahkr is this the clear blue easy fertility monitor? I have one of this but after it kept showing high but no peak, I found out I wasn't ovulating on my own

:hugs:yeah its the cb fertility monitor, shows lows highs and peaks, i've been on it since jan but this was my first peak, i was starting to wonder if i wouldnt ovulate, but i was told it was because i have a bmi of 16... so i need to get weight on me :cry: but, i'm hoping it will sort it out, how did you get around not ovulating on your own hun? xxxx:hugs::hugs:

:hugs:yeah its the cb fertility monitor, shows lows highs and peaks, i've been on it since jan but this was my first peak, i was starting to wonder if i wouldnt ovulate, but i was told it was because i have a bmi of 16... so i need to get weight on me :cry: but, i'm hoping it will sort it out, how did you get around not ovulating on your own hun? xxxx:hugs::hugs:

I had fertility treatment with meds

I had fertility treatment with meds

ahhh ok, so what did they give you hun? xxxxx:hugs:

Sarah, im glad u find the monitor good. I have a low bmi of about 18. Im naturally slim and active and have always been this way. U need a bmi of 19 or 20 for ivf so i started eating loads more incase i needed it and did put on a little weight. I think it does help with conceiving. I dont feel like eating a lot at the moment but i will start again soon xxx

I had follicle stimulating hormone injections and triggered ovulation with another hormone and then had artificial insemination.

Wow, I am the complete opposite of you girls, my bmi is around 39... Was 50+ before I lost weight, I need to drop some kilo's in case I need IVF so am using the next 8 weeks to do that.

Sarah, im glad u find the monitor good. I have a low bmi of about 18. Im naturally slim and active and have always been this way. U need a bmi of 19 or 20 for ivf so i started eating loads more incase i needed it and did put on a little weight. I think it does help with conceiving. I dont feel like eating a lot at the moment but i will start again soon xxx

:hugs:yeah see, i'm the same, i really dont think bmi has anything to do with it, as i had my son 12 years ago, and i was 8.5st full term, i am naturally thin too, but yeah my eating has been terrible since monday, but i'm a strong believer in if you fall off the horse, you have to get on, now i'm going to use the monitor this cycle as my little computer :haha: it will tell me, if i'm low... no estrogen, high.. increse, peak..lh surge, i also use cb digital smiley, thats how i found lh a day before the monitor.. i felt a twinge on the weds night, did a smiley, got one, then woke did my monitor got my peak, so although the monitor was reading low, that little, period pain like twinge made me test with a smiley, so it gave us a head start the day before the peak... so the question really is, how long does it actually take for your body to recover??? xxxx:hugs:

Wow, I am the complete opposite of you girls, my bmi is around 39... Was 50+ before I lost weight, I need to drop some kilo's in case I need IVF so am using the next 8 weeks to do that.

hey as i said i truly do not think bmi is really a factor, i am living proof as well as my mum, we both fell pregnant at little over 7st... i'm here, :haha: and i had a healthy baby :shrug: if you think about junkies... look what they do to their bodys... :growlmad: there always popping out kids... heroin users are called rats, because of how they live... they look like skeletons, and dont eat ( sorry studying psychopharmacology (drug psychology) ).... so hun, i really dont think weight is an issue, the only issue with weight is the chance you may not ovulate as much as a healthy bmi of around 24... xxxx:hugs:

hey as i said i truly do not think bmi is really a factor, i am living proof as well as my mum, we both fell pregnant at little over 7st... i'm here, :haha: and i had a healthy baby :shrug: if you think about junkies... look what they do to their bodys... :growlmad: there always popping out kids... heroin users are called rats, because of how they live... they look like skeletons, and dont eat ( sorry studying psychopharmacology (drug psychology) ).... so hun, i really dont think weight is an issue, the only issue with weight is the chance you may not ovulate as much as a healthy bmi of around 24... xxxx:hugs:

Totally agree :) I only have half an ovary in total and its scarred so I was pleased that I responded to the FSH so well

Ive only got one working tube.

I agree that bmi may not really matter as my mum is slim and had 3 children when she was just over 7 stone but it is a factor as the NHS in uk wont spend the money on ivf for patients who are under or over weight as they do have a lower success rate. Whatever we can do to better our chances i say :).

Xxx

Ive only got one working tube.

I agree that bmi may not really matter as my mum is slim and had 3 children when she was just over 7 stone but it is a factor as the NHS in uk wont spend the money on ivf for patients who are under or over weight as they do have a lower success rate. Whatever we can do to better our chances i say :).

Xxx

Too true. I can have IUI at this weight but IVF is 9kgs away from where I currently am. I am 2.5 down since Friday so aim on using the next 8 weeks and getting some more weight off me

Totally agree :) I only have half an ovary in total and its scarred so I was pleased that I responded to the FSH so well

well thats great that the treatment is working, take it as a blessing, when i was at the drs mon and tues, he said that only 1 in 5 pregnancys make it full term, thats pretty shit odds, but... every cloud and that :thumbup: i think if we invite negativity into our lives, the outcome will be negative, but i think its amazing the strength of all of you, we have a choice, we can mourn whats gone, or we can try again with positivity.. it all boils down to, when is your body actually ready after a loss? how much can it really take? i know some girls conceive straight afterwards... but looking at the odds of it, do i really want to put myself through this again so soon, i have to ask myself.. the what if question...?
so what are you doing hun? are you trying again this cycle? xxxx:hugs:

:growlmad:yeah the nhs in this country is terrible! they really wont step in unless you've suffered 3 losses which i think is pathetic... christ, just trying to get a pelvic scan has taken this long, its only cos i had a m/c that they are doing it, and thats just a scan, so for any treatment... well it will be a nightmare! the first dr i saw before the m/c said, "she wouldn't send me for a scan, till i helped myself"... what a joke.. i said look love, i'm not being funny, but i'm 33 years old, i am naturally thin, i eat, i just have a high metabolism :shrug: so i got rid of her, and went to see a man... he is actually helping me now!!! pathetic really, damned if you do, and damned if you dont....:growlmad:
xxx:hugs:

I am waiting for my period to return and starting the cycle after that. I see the fertility Dr in 3 weeks to discuss. Basically once my period starts, I start injecting from day 2 onwards. Although my baby's post mortem results won't be back until 8 weeks so I may just wait for those first.

I am waiting for my period to return and starting the cycle after that. I see the fertility Dr in 3 weeks to discuss. Basically once my period starts, I start injecting from day 2 onwards. Although my baby's post mortem results won't be back until 8 weeks so I may just wait for those first.

:hugs:ahh you poor thing hun, :hugs: i think i'll monitor this cycle, then if af turns up on time.. and things are looking "normal" on the monitor, i'll try next cycle, but if its not look likely to be be normal, i will wait till the cycle after that, dont think i could cope so soon :cry:
ahh i'm so sorry, it must be terrible for you hun :( xxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Welcome Sarah and Ticklemonster :wave: - lovely to have you here even if it is horrible that you have to be here at all :flower:

Susan - I've just read through all the posts today and my heart goes out to you. I know that either way it is a baby that you have lost but it must be so hard to have that uncertainty - especially as it sounds like they made quite a few slip ups which really makes you start to question them. I hope the post mortem sorts out the confusion so you can start to heal. 8 weeks is quite a wait (as I'm sure you know only too well!) and must be frustrating if it could impact your decision to start the injections. :hugs:

Sarah - I've considered buying a fertility monitor in the past but wasn't sure due to the initial and on-going cost. How does it differ to OPKs? Does it give you other info too?

BTW - I have a bog standard BMI and am still in this boat so I'm not sure it matters either!

Finally - thought I'd try out attaching my chart (thank you nina - you are a star for posting how to do this! :dance:. Here goes:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f2a5d

I think I must be doing something wrong :dohh: as I can only seem to get a link to it - I'm a technical muppet sorry!

They have not arranged for a check up but have asked me to take a wee sample in next week? No idea what for?
Maybe to check HCG?

Susan - I've just read through all the posts today and my heart goes out to you. I know that either way it is a baby that you have lost but it must be so hard to have that uncertainty - especially as it sounds like they made quite a few slip ups which really makes you start to question them. I hope the post mortem sorts out the confusion so you can start to heal. 8 weeks is quite a wait (as I'm sure you know only too well!) and must be frustrating if it could impact your decision to start the injections. :hugs:

I think the only slip up has been the nurse not realising that there was a name on the teddy bear's tag. The verifi prenatal blood tests are not even an Australian thing - they are similar to Materniti21 or Igenescreen tests and these ones are sent to the US for analysing. It does say, it can pick up placental chromosomes or the mother's chromosomes BUT, the % are very small and the overall % were comparable to an Amnio for a first line undiagnostic test.

If we had carried on and not had our loss, we probably would have just laughed at the gender scan and moved on very quick.... it's just being stuck in that grief cycle at the moment that makes it hard...that and they told us there will be a memorial garden ceremony at the end of this month. I was weirdly numb and yet laughing at stupid stuff yesterday and then this morning "CRASH" back to earth. It's a week exactly! My bleeding has started back up and I am just low. BUT....I know I am processing this all normally, so I know that this is ok.... it's just all part of the process. :cry:

Just popping on quickly - I'll do a catchup tonight :)

Pretty sure I'm out - Surprise surprise lol. I'm about 10-11dpo and started bleeding brown with clots today. Not too shocked as I've been getting bfn's. I just hope this is definite so I can get on with this!
Going to try charting - will it matter if I start tomorrow it its day 2? Does my question make sense lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->