Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method

JaneSharon86

Reaction score
Hi all

I would like to use this method, however when I'm trying to purchase the book, there seems to be two versions?

There's a blue covered one with a woman on it, and an orange covered one with a baby on it.

Anyone know if these are the same, or whether one is older? Have tried looking on Amazon but can't figure it out.

Also, the CD that comes with these books - is this available on itunes does anyone know?

great questions. I am taking a classes on hypnobirthing and the leader said she orders directly from the source because the CDs on the Amazon one can be different. Not sure in what way or why. She didn't say anything about the book itself being different.

Hi

How much were your classes?

I managed to rent the blue cover book from the library. Couple of chapters in now. Really hope this woman is right, how amazing to have a pain free birth!

The YouTube accounts are so encouraging too. Really hope we get our home birth so I can practise this method to the full. Can't see me being able to get in the zone in a noisy beeping hospital.

X

I have the book with the blue top and woman on the cover in white that our hypno teacher gave us. I don't know if you can get the cd on itunes, but you can get the music on the cd from itunes (Steve Halpern, Comfort Zone) without the talking over it for use for relaxation

xxx

I searched all last night and couldn't find the cd on iTunes so will have to buy it from somewhere else

The cd has the rainbow relaxation and birth affirmation scripts on it, and comes with the book I think? x

Hi

How much were your classes?

I managed to rent the blue cover book from the library. Couple of chapters in now. Really hope this woman is right, how amazing to have a pain free birth!

The YouTube accounts are so encouraging too. Really hope we get our home birth so I can practise this method to the full. Can't see me being able to get in the zone in a noisy beeping hospital.

X

Well, my class is a series of 5 sessions of 2.5 hrs each and the total cost was $180. We've only had 1 class and it was 2.5 hours of mainly introduction with a small bit of visualization that I couldn't get into at the time. I'm really hoping it gets better, and that this woman has my book on Monday! Maybe if I do some outside reading I'll be in a better head space for the class. I think I'll look at my library since it's been mentioned- not sure they'll have it, but maybe!

I wish I could have a home birth, too. Alas, it's not in the cards due to costs here. I am hoping to put on some ambient music, and hopefully have them turn the lights down in the hospital so I can get into a good space for birth. I'm quite concerned with a medicalized birth, so hopefully it works out. My midwives have been supportive.

gl to you!

UK classes private one to one are around 300-350, although there are group classes which are generally less (around 200 for 4 sessions)

xxx

UK classes private one to one are around 300-350, although there are group classes which are generally less (around 200 for 4 sessions)

xxx

Oh, mine is group (US). There is only one offered in my area.

I have the orange cover with the creepy-looking baby on it and it is the 3rd edition, copyright 2005. The one with the blue cover is the 2nd edition, copyright 1998. I doubt the information is very different though!

Thanks for all the replies.

Woah that's expensive. Guess we'll be relying on the book and CD! Have just bid on the blue cover book with the CD on eBay. Fingers crossed.

Seems a bit radical reading the book, a pain free labour, just feeling pressure. Hope its true, how amazing!!

While pain free is the ultimate goal, the ability to relax fully at a moments notice is the most achievable part of it, which will assist you in being able to go with your body, trust in it and your baby, and their ability to birth and be birthed. It does require lots of practice - daily if possible! xxx

Daily is a fine sacrifice for not being scared of birth and feeling in control :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->