I feel like a right idiot asking this but...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by FirstBubba, Jun 2, 2011.

1. FirstBubba

FirstBubba Well-Known Member

what bedding goes in a Moses basket?? :shrug:
    is it just a sheet to go over the mattress? do I put a blanket in or do they make mini quilts?? I'm so clueless lol. my bubbas Moses basket is being delivered today and I want to get whatever goes in it at the weekend, I just need a bit of help finding out what I should get :haha:

2. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

You shouldnt use a quilt until they are 1 as it can cause them to overheat, just use cellular blankets (which you can get in moses basket size) and of course a sheet for them to lie on xx

3. FirstBubba

ok, will one blanket be enough to keep her warm? what's a cellular blanket? :blush: xx

4. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

As said above, no quilt. Cellular blankets. You can get fitted sheets. They're so easy to change, especially in comparison to our double/queen/king size beds :haha:

Edit - amount of blankets will depend on room temperature and what baby is wearing but I found one enough (summer baby).

Cellular blanket (first link I saw, you can shop around)

https://www.google.co.uk/products/c...a=X&ei=XX3nTYKQIYSHhQfP8vi1Cg&ved=0CGYQ8gIwAg

5. xolily

xolily Well-Known Member

https://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=https://www.babyjacks.co.uk/images/Izziwotnot_Bear_Essentials_Cellular_Blankets.jpg&sa=X&ei=pX3nTa-SDIKDhQeVm6XGCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFgrF5nqq4iNPV5rL_zxcEulG7GMg

^^ cellular blankets.
    i had Laila wrapped in a blanket, with a sheet then blanket over the top of her.. she was born in winter though so obv you have to adjust cos of temperature! x

6. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

7. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

8. FirstBubba

thanks for the replies everyone :)
    one more question - are the sheets likely to need to be changed in the night (from accidents etc), if so, how many sheets should I get? xx

9. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

im glad you worte this question because i have completely forgotten to put more sheets on my ot get list! i have 2 sheets so thinki need to get more mite only get one more because they dont be in the moses basket often and i have 2 moses basket blankets (cellular) so think ill have to get a pink one seein as i no im having a girl!

10. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

Ive got 4 sheets, I never had to change them in the night with my daughter as she never had any accidents xx

11. tweedy

tweedy Well-Known Member

pram sized sheets, get at least 4, you'll be doing laundry ofter anyway, but they are quiet mucusy in the early days and spit up often, also just wanted to add that when you fold over a larger blanket it counts as 2 or even 4 layers, so be careful, i'd my lo wrapped in a beautiful blanket, that was folded twice to fit in the moses basket, on a june evening, and mw went a bit mad, saying it was four layer and too much, get the right size for the moses basket and check baby ofter for signs of over heating, back of neck is best, not hands. i'll never make the same mistake again, although nervous that this baby will be in a different season....the rule change all the time!

12. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

this is what im worried about the tempeture. for the first few weeks ill be living at home and my room is the hottest in the huse with no heating and fire on it still does be hot. i do have to leave a window open but if i did that she might get a cold! i dont know what ill do because she will be born in august so will probably be still sunny then!you never know in irsh weather

13. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

that last comment form me was for you :):flower:

14. ahbon

ahbon Well-Known Member

I thought moses baskets come with a sheet and quilt as part of the 'set'?

15. FirstBubba

the one ive ordered didn't say if it came with sheets or anything so will have to wait for it to be delivered but even so, I'm sure I'd need more than just the one it came with? :shrug:

16. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

no ive never seen ones that come with sheets as you always have to get a matress and then sheets for it:flower:

17. ahbon

ahbon Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the cheapest John Lewis one says coverlet and mattress included so I presume for that one for example you just need to buy sheets for the mattress as the coverlet is like a quilt so you don't need anything on top?!?! Thought I'd got this all sussed but maybe not now :(

18. FirstBubba

I just looked on the site at the one I ordered and it says mattress is included but doesn't say anything about the cover or sheets, I'm guessing I'll have to buy these separately. x

19. kimber89

kimber89 Guest

yeh i think some come with matresses i got one with the one i got but no sheets! you would only need 4 at the most think about all the washing you will be doing they go through so many vests etc so you will always have one clean anyway :)