I fell down the stairs

rottiemiss

mummy to a princess
Reaction score
I fell down the stairs about 2 and a half hours ago :cry:
My hubby phoned the obstetrics (sp?) ward straight away, they didn't seemed concerned and were very reassuring with my hubby. They said our baby is very secure where it is because I'm only 8 weeks, and because I fell on my back there is nothing to worry about (it would be different if I had landed on my tummy).
I'm not so convinced, I'm really worried!! :nope:
I'm not cramping or bleeding, but I didn't have any signs with my previous pregnancy o it isn't really puting my mind at rest.
I'm going to phone my diabetes nurse tomorrow and see what she says. They might want to see me at the diabetes ante natal clinic on wednesday instead of making me wait til I'm 10+6.
Am I over thinking this????

How odd, I thought you were actually better off landing on your stomach because its better padded, but maybe that's only later on in the pregnancy. But either way they are correct in that the baby is very well protected and you both should be just fine.

try not to worry - i know you must be, understandably, but i would make sure that you do not do anything too strenuous and rest for the next day. you should be fine x

Ah you poor thing. Im sure you will be absolutely fine - most important thing now is to brush yourself down and not worry about it. Easier said than done but if you work yourself up that isnt good for baby xx

oh hun i think you will be just fine, baby is still so tiny and well protected, if you 7-8 months i'd worry but you will be ok.

Hello I fell down about 4 stairs on the bus the other week landed on my bum grazed all my back and was winded, wanted to cry! Apart from feeling bruised and achy I was fine I was at the stage where I could feel baby moving but I went to Dr's still and she said aslong as I havnt had cramps or any bleeding I needn't worry.

If your not having any cramping or bleeding then please don't stress about it! Really baby is very well cushioned in there. With my DD I was in a car accident in my 3rd tri and everything was fine. At 8 weeks your baby is soooo cushioned, try to relax as stress isn't good for you :D

There really is nothing to worry about. At 8 weeks your baby is so tiny and secure in your womb that it won't be affected.

I'm sure that the baby is fine - as everyone has pointed out your little bean is very well padded at the moment. If you aren't cramping or spotting, then try not to worry.

i slipped over ina wet field when i was just 2weeks. Its scared me ever since i have been too carefull! It frightening. Im sure it will be just fine.

I fell off my bike at 4 weeks...it made me really worried but my Maybe Baby has held on in there...I hope yours does too

xx

I fell down the stairs too! two times! pregnancy makes you clumsy! Nothing is wrong with the baby!!!

Thanks guys. I got an emergency scan this morning after cramping all night! The baby is fine, the doctors think I'm badly bruised and have possibly pulled some muscles. I'm on bed rest for the weekend.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->