I had a lovely day yesterday, but it included a couple of pregnancy no-nos!

Tattoo

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
One of my work friends was celebrating a special birthday this week and we planned a surprise day out for her. I'd been so ill with pregnancy sickness that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go. But I felt better towards the end of the week, and I made it!

We started off with breakfast at a farm restaurant. Fresh bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato, hashbrowns, baked beans, and *ahem* slightly runny poached eggs. Oops!

Then we headed off to Stratford upon Avon. When we arrived we toasted the birthday girl with some bucks fizz. It's only 4% alcohol and I only had about half an inch in the bottom of a little plastic cup, but whoops! Another pregnancy nope!

After a river cruise and a wander around Shakespeare's places we went for afternoon tea. Mmm...little sandwiches, scones, cakes, handmade biscuits...oh yeah, and another three cups of strong tea!

So yesterday I had runny eggs, alcohol, and waaay more caffeine than I should have! Bad momma alert!

Hahaha! You're not the only one. I LOVE runny eggs so I still have them, also enjoy cups of tea so have about 5 a day - ive now switched to pg decaf (for 3 cups) as it doesnt taste any different :thumbup:. Glad you had a nice day xx

I won't risk any of the above - maybe the tea - but I don't drink tea !! But each to their own - sounds like a lovely day though !!

This makes me feel better as I had a chocolate bar the other day! Since I've got pg I've cut all all caffeine, use to have atleast 1 2litre bottle of diet coke a day and lots of chocolate and then after reading about how much caffeine they have ive completely stopped!

Have to admit it would be nice to have a day like that lol, glad you had fun :) x

It took me a couple weeks to cut down the caffeine and cut it out complete, so I had 2 sodas a day (well under 200mg caffeine) until the day before yesterday (down from 3+).

Last week I had accounting training and lunch was provided. The only option we had was cold cut sandwiches catered in, and I had no way to microwave it. I ate it. It was either that or eat nothing but chips all day, which isn't very healthy either.

I also eat Chick Fil A milkshakes. I am confident they clean their machines regularly.

I guess we all take some measure of calculated risk.

I've had some deli meat without heating it up (been avoiding it where it definitely sits out at places like subway though), eaten fondue a few nights (possibly undercooked-but hopefully not- meat, and sauces with small amounts of alcohol), started having regular coffee again in the last few weeks... plus a soda or two (i had cut coffee out, but missed it soooo much!), the occasional splurge of seafood, oh- and I'll smell/have a sip of dh's wine because I really miss that as well!
So- you're definitely not the only one ;)
And yes, there are still things that I'm avoiding/limiting... haha!

So far baby is totally fine- I think moderation is key (and just avoiding things that really seem iffy!)... think about all of the guidelines they didn't have when our mothers were pregnant with us! I think cutting out too much in the beginning was bad for my morale- I was already going through tons of anxiety after early losses... so keeping other things closer to normal helped!

the scariest moment came not from food, but from a stomach bug caught from a kid in the class I work in! Went over 20 hours without food or liquid... thankfully our bodies will work hard to protect these little babies!

I also eat Chick Fil A milkshakes. I am confident they clean their machines regularly.

Chick fil a cleans their ice cream machines daily. I have a close friend who worked there and in several restaurants, and she said chick fil a was the cleanest place she ever worked. My husband also worked there as a teenager and said the same thing. They even clean their fryers daily.

It took me a couple weeks to cut down the caffeine and cut it out complete, so I had 2 sodas a day (well under 200mg caffeine) until the day before yesterday (down from 3+).

Last week I had accounting training and lunch was provided. The only option we had was cold cut sandwiches catered in, and I had no way to microwave it. I ate it. It was either that or eat nothing but chips all day, which isn't very healthy either.

Definitely! And growing a baby is hard work! We deserve treats from time to time, even if they are in the no-nos!

Until we told I always said yes to the glass of wine and would sip at it, go to the bathroom. And pour a bunch out and sip a little more. I could say no to the second glass without suspicion, just not the.first.

I don't like runny eggs.in the slightest, they gross me out lol.

And I drink a mug tea and 1/2 to a full can of pop a day.

I also agree that everything is about moderation.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'd still eat runny yolks if I had a craving for them. I buy good quality eggs and use them fresh. I eat good quality lunch meat when the mood strikes as well. I've also eaten sushi. I would even have a sip or two of wine if I didn't still have MS and hate it with the fire of a thousand suns. Lol.

I don't do these things every day. The risks of getting sick are the same whether you are pregnant or not. When I was first pregnant, we bought a box of peaches and then after eating 3, they recalled them due to listeria concerns. Food borne sickness can come where you least expect it... They've also been recalling almond butter (second recall just went out).

Chick fil a cleans their ice cream machines daily. I have a close friend who worked there and in several restaurants, and she said chick fil a was the cleanest place she ever worked. My husband also worked there as a teenager and said the same thing. They even clean their fryers daily.

:thumbup: Good to hear from someone who knows. I just made my assumption because I can SEE that Chick Fil A is clean, every time I eat there or peek in the drive through I can just tell, makes me feel better about eating there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->