I have a really, really silly question to ask...

i used to have a candy floss (cotton candy :winkwink:) maker. gutted my mum threw it away :hissy:

I had one of these but it never worked :shrug:
Then i went to my friends and she had one & hers actually made candy floor.
I was rather jelous to say the least!

did anybody ever have those ice lolly making things ? You'd fill like a mould thing with juice then put the plastic stick on the top and put them in the freezer. I got mine from mcdonalds i think :shrug:

I have some in the freezer now, the question is, who had one of them snowmen things, mr frosty was it

Oh I did!!! Mr Frosty is the shizz and I remember it used to take loadsa energy to turn the handle thing to crush the ice! Or maybe I was just a weak child haha. Xmas 1994 I believe he appeared in our house :D

Gonna catch up here lol.

Meatloaf: I LOVE meatloaf... but I have my very own recipe that I use, and it's called Brown Sugar Meatloaf, so the sauce is sweet and sticky and MMMMM. It warms my tummy just thinking about it. I hate, hate, HATE touching the raw meat though, so I make my OH mix together everything. He has a lot of fun with it. x)

Ketchup: Don't really care for it unless it's already on something and I can't taste it. I much prefer mustard on most things.

Mayonaise: I'll eat it, but if it gets on me, I get grossed out. Lmao... if that makes sense. If I make a sandwich with it, I only put on such a tiny, tiny bit that you can't even see it, but it has to be spread on the entire slice of bread... lol. BUT if it gets on my finger whilst spreading, I will absolutely, never ever, lick it off. I'm like that with ketchup too. I have no idea why.

Gravy: Ew. My grandparents make me sit over the stove and stir the gravy at Thanksgiving... and I just think it's disgusting. Ours never has much flavor because it's all natural... and it's just gross. The ONLY kind of gravy I love/like is the kind that goes on my biscuits (biscuits and gravy... mmm!).

Curry: LOVE CURRY OMG OMG. I've been craving this above all else, lately, but my OH won't make me any, and I don't want to mess it up! Lol

Questions:
Why do you eat pancakes with beans and cheese? I can't picture it... like... are they just plain (not sweet) pancakes or something? I can't imagine that tasting good lol.

Nobody answered my question about marmite/vegemite? What is it? Do you eat it, and what's it made from/taste like?

I double posted on accident... computer is going slow for me!

I used to have a bunch of those molds for "ice lollies :)haha:)", I wonder what happened to them...

Oh just remembered, I have an off food topic (sorry ladies lol) silly Q to ask. For some reason over the last few weaks I have been wondering... Say when you UK gals are looking at channel 4 do you in UK and me in Ireland see the same ads as each other. Just wondered cause a few of the ads that come on sometimes have Irish people on them say like the Irish rugby team and it got me thinking do they alter the ads to suit our respective countries? lol Told you it was a silly Q lol but who CARES!! :D :p

I loveee KFC's mash potatoes and gravy.. On the subject of gravy :haha:

I think when they're talking about pancakes they mean more like crepes :shrug:

Here we just eat pancakes with like butter and syrup.. beans and cheese on our pancakes just seems nasty :haha:

Nobody answered my question about marmite/vegemite? What is it? Do you eat it, and what's it made from/taste like?

Ive never tried it but wikipedia says :

The British version of the product is a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty and savoury with umami qualities, somewhat comparable to soy sauce. This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." It is similar to the Australian Vegemite and Swiss Cenovis.

Ive never tried it however i did like the walkers marmite crisps :shrug: duno if they taste the same as actual marmite though.

Marmite sounds gross... I wonder if I could find some to try lol. If it tastes like soy sauce, I don't know why people would eat it on toast lmao. But whatever floats your boat, I suppose!

Questions:
Why do you eat pancakes with beans and cheese? I can't picture it... like... are they just plain (not sweet) pancakes or something? I can't imagine that tasting good lol.

personally i wouldnt eat pancakes with beans and cheese yuk but yeah its like crepes just with no sugar or anything added so they're just like savoury pancakes. weird
marmite is "yeast extract", although god knows what that means.
its a spread.. kind of. it has the texture of like syrup, looks kinda like molasses. i dunno how to describe the taste but its REALLY strong, kinda salty, you have it on toast and stuff but cos its so strong you only need the tiniest bit.
and like leonie said in that quote, you love it or hate it. lol
no idea about vegemite but i imagine its simialr :shrug:

Oh just remembered, I have an off food topic (sorry ladies lol) silly Q to ask. For some reason over the last few weaks I have been wondering... Say when you UK gals are looking at channel 4 do you in UK and me in Ireland see the same ads as each other. Just wondered cause a few of the ads that come on sometimes have Irish people on them say like the Irish rugby team and it got me thinking do they alter the ads to suit our respective countries? lol Told you it was a silly Q lol but who CARES!! :D :p
an OFF-FOOD TOPIC?? :shock:
lol, yer i think they do, i think they even change them depending on whereabouts in england you are like in london they have different adverts to in yorkshire. idk why!

Questions:

personally i wouldnt eat pancakes with beans and cheese yuk but yeah its like crepes just with no sugar or anything added so they're just like savoury pancakes. weird
marmite is "yeast extract", although god knows what that means.
its a spread.. kind of. it has the texture of like syrup, looks kinda like molasses. i dunno how to describe the taste but its REALLY strong, kinda salty, you have it on toast and stuff but cos its so strong you only need the tiniest bit.
and like leonie said in that quote, you love it or hate it. lol
no idea about vegemite but i imagine its simialr :shrug:

an OFF-FOOD TOPIC?? :shock:
lol, yer i think they do, i think they even change them depending on whereabouts in england you are like in london they have different adverts to in yorkshire. idk why!

Thanks Anna for your reply, I know off food topic is a bit FAR OUT in this thread :p haha!! Now I have the answer to that Q I can now go off and ponder another pointless yet highly entertaining thought :D

i has question

ahem
SLoppy joes? What do they actually taste like?
Coz they look soooo good on tv....mmmm

also i have a phobia of ketchup..it freaks me out..i hate the smell, taste, look, feel ERLACK
And trash! How can u not like gravy? Ur a northern lass?
My northern roots mean i love my gravy on everything...mmm chips and gravy XD Mash and hgravy is all time win....pie...roasts....the list is endless XD

Sloppy joes are not my favourite thing...

They are ground beef browned in a pan and then tomatoey sauce on them, but it's not like pasta sauce.. it's like ketchupy more.. lol.. I think most people add onion too in their meat..

Then scooped onto a hamburger bun.. very messy.. but you don't put like lettuce, pickles etc like a burger you just eat the saucy meat stuff on it

:sick:
ketchup
:sick:

ill forget u ever sed that and wander back to my imagination....:haha:

oh one more thing (question for tasha)

canadian bacon? i no its bacon from canada but like tv shows make out its the best bacon in the whole wide world, no why? like do u pu anythin special in it

Lol Canadian bacon is realllyyy good but it's peameal bacon, not like regular bacon at all really. It's.. I guess somewhat like ham but a million times better lol. It's salty, it has this coating.. I think it's cornmeal probably.. it's not crispy like regular bacon.. looks like this:

https://guiltykitchen.com/images/Peameal%20Bacon%203.jpg

https://www.homersteinweiss.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/peameal.jpg

^ And there it is on a sandwich... super yummy!!!

This is the "normal" bacon in case I need to clarify lol:

https://michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bacon.jpg

Urgh, thinking about cornmeal makes me want to throw up...morning sickness after effects! :dohh:

Also...ham...ew.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"