I have a really, really silly question to ask...

It's hard to explain because it's not ham just kind of like ham. It is cured meat I think so it's quite salty... it's honestly soo good...

that looks like the normal bacon we have here?
The last pic is of streaky bacon...w8 how do u just copy pics from google onto here? xxx

https://www.itsorganicfood.co.uk/images/wickham%20-%20smoked%20back%20bacon.JPG

Lol, yeah I looked on wikipedia, it seems your "normal bacon" is our back bacon/Canadian bacon/peameal bacon?? I don't think it is that common in the USA and that's why we call it Canadian bacon over here.

And our regular bacon is your streaky bacon?? lol.

What's the difference between 'normal' bacon and 'streaky' bacon??! I just picked up bacon from Tesco and got on with it... I do the same here, only...at Walmart!! :rofl:

theres more fat on streaky bacon....its streaked with it :haha:
lol its long and thin and easy to crisp

the other bacon is rounder at the top and streaky at the bottom...its the bacon of bacon buttys :lol:

We also have this type of bacon lol, though I don't know anyone who would fry up pancetta and eat it like bacon, it's good crumbled in pasta... mmm:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/pancetta/image.jpg

mmm pancetta

im currently eating some German sausage XD

naughty jokes aside pls...im fully aware my OH is german.......i am actually eating sausage from the fridge :haha: xxx

I like the fat, so I just go for the cheapest bacon that has plenty of fat and at least a bit of meat (to keep the OH happy :winkwink:)! :lol:

x

Sloppy joes are sooo good IMO..

I've craved them MANY times being pregnant and they're so delicious and easy to make :haha:

Canadian bacon on pizza is good.. But since being pregnant I'm put off alot of meat and don't put it on my pizza anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->