• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i might as well throw my penny in lol. we dont believe in god and it doesnt bother me if u do or dont.

when i look into my lo's eyes i see her looking a me with a bizarre look saying "woman do something with ur hair and wash the black circles around ur eyes lol".

seriously im amazed at my lo, it was me and oh who created her.

Spoken with true Irish humour!!!

Love it :happydance:

what a strange thread lol.
it seems like its just to course controversy for no reason really.

I'm really annoyed at myself for opening this thread. Jeez louise, some people...

What a strange thread...

I created Lily.

ME.

Who do I see when I look into her eyes?

ME.

(And maybe a bit of her sperm donor of a father...)

Not a god. Not a higher power.

For those who choose to believe in a religion, who am I to say that's wrong? Equally though, who are you to question my lack of belief?

I actually read the original pot as "How can you believe in God and look in yoru baby's eyes everyday?" :rofl: I was thinking "Daym! She's one fierce atheist!"

Sorry I've been watching The Wire so my English has gone a bit Baltimore ghetto. :blush:

I love people's views on religion and death and life etc. but to not believe in anything beyond the physical is what some people believe and belief isn't something you can instill or force upon anyone just as you can't force a believer to not believe by explaining the hell out of things.
:shrug:

What if u cant see in ur babys eyes? I unfortunately look at religion and god very black and white. If he existed he wouldn't of let my son suffer and die in my tummy, wouldn't of made me carry my dead child for 3 days before giving birth to him sleeping.

God had no part in creating my boys. that was all me and my oh. The adult leo grows up to be is entirely down to how we bring him up. I look in his eyes and see how much me and his daddy love each other.

I may b nieve to religion but im a good person and 'god' has and is making me suffer.

Give me my son back and i will believe.

Sorry if ive caused offence but this is my opinion and im entitled to it.

What if u cant see in ur babys eyes? I unfortunately look at religion and god very black and white. If he existed he wouldn't of let my son suffer and die in my tummy, wouldn't of made me carry my dead child for 3 days before giving birth to him sleeping.

God had no part in creating my boys. that was all me and my oh. The adult leo grows up to be is entirely down to how we bring him up. I look in his eyes and see how much me and his daddy love each other.

I may b nieve to religion but im a good person and 'god' has and is making me suffer.

Give me my son back and i will believe.

Sorry if ive caused offence but this is my opinion and im entitled to it.

:hugs: exactly. it's not offensive at all hun. if god creates such beautiful children then why does he let things like that happen? it doesn't make any sense...

:hugs: Jox

I don't believe in God for many of the reason already stated. I believe in science. x

Rósa;7786943 said:
I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

ok...just had to get that out.:thumbup:

So.. how do you explain the babies born with terrible disabilities etc and thats just for starters

that was abit harsh:shrug:

I think its a valid question. If your baby is supposedly a gift given by God then how must it feel to be a religious parent of a severely disabled child?

I think you should take it as a compliment that God sees you strong enough and mentally capable of taking care of a child with such special needs. Why does a parent have to "suffer" because their child has a terrible disablilty? All children are blessings from God and I can only feel sorry for the people who don't feel that way on their judgement day, but again, thats just my opinion.

Tbh I don't know why the OP posted this thread if they know it will cause debate and alot of upset, as I know if I lost a baby I couldn't believe in god and this thread would upset me, sorry if anyone disagrees x

I agree...this could cause alot of upset x

Just so everyone knows, I have lost a baby and I do not believe that it was God's fault. I'm a believer in God's will shall be done and when bad things happen I know that it's either one of two things, either thats how its supposed to happen in the grand scheme of things, or its the devil actions being manifested by a weak soul. Again....my opinion. I have had way too many good things happen in my life to NOT believe that there is a God out there and that he is the reason that I have the good things in my life that I have. I am a blessed woman, wife, and mom and I thank him everyday for it.

some of us grew up in a house with absolutely no religion. why would i believe in something i was never exposed to and never even given an opportunity to learn about?

i can't find comfort in religion or spirituality. i'm rational and real about things and i can't believe in something like god because of it. i can't leave things up to destiny or chance.

Why would you start such a controversial thread and then not reply or contribute to it?

I think the OP is stirring to be honest.

it's called taking care of my child...it was the middle of the afternoon when i started it, had to come back to it when I had some free time. I'm not stirring anything, I just stated how I felt.

And I'll add one last time, I figure on BnB we can talk about cervical mucus, circumsicion, removing cat's claws, etc etc etc....so why can't I let out a little frustration? Maybe I let it out wrong, but thats my bad...I believe one way, you believe another and thats that. I dont go to church and sit in a pew every Sunday, but I have faith, and I know God, he knows me, we talk daily...rather I talk and take small cues/intuitions/guidances silently from Him. Thats how I see it, and yes, I see myself and my husband in my daughter when I look at her, but I also see what miracle it is that she is alive and healthy and absolutely perfect to me and I can't see how just me and my husband made something that grand without a little intervention from somewhere.

Tbh I don't know why the OP posted this thread if they know it will cause debate and alot of upset, as I know if I lost a baby I couldn't believe in god and this thread would upset me, sorry if anyone disagrees x

Just so everyone knows, I have lost a baby and I do not believe that it was God's fault. I'm a believer in God's will shall be done and when bad things happen I know that it's either one of two things, either thats how its supposed to happen in the grand scheme of things, or its the devil actions being manifested by a weak soul. Again....my opinion. I have had way too many good things happen in my life to NOT believe that there is a God out there and that he is the reason that I have the good things in my life that I have. I am a blessed woman, wife, and mom and I thank him everyday for it.

what the hell is this supposed to mean?!?

what the hell is this supposed to mean?!?

Oh goodness, Im gonna get ripped to shreds over this, but you asked and this is what i think that means:

it means that your faith is weak. thats why the devil is able to manipulate so easily because you don't have a strong foundation of faith to hold on to.

No one actually asked, you decided to post a statement that you knew would cause controversy, being that this a forum with all sorts of different religions, I'm not sure why you couldn't just say the statement outloud to yourself to feel great about having faith in your god.

I just don't understand why you would say that when something as horrific as a baby or child dying, it is for the greater good. :nope:

and i'm not judging anyone else's beliefs...this is just my belief. being a christian does not give me a right to judge, only to pray for those that are lost and to witness. buuuttt, i'm not going to witness to you all because truthfully i dont find that appropriate on a forum, but I had this on my mind today and had to get it out.

But why offend people in the process?! Your op didn't offend me in the slightest, I wouldn't have even bothered to answer, except that some of your posts since then have been highly offensive.

I agree with kiwimama. What you just said is an awful awful thing to say on a forum so affected by the loss of a baby or child, whether it be an early MC or from SIDS :(

When I look into her eyes, I agree it's a miracle, I can't believe I am so lucky to have her and kiss her tiny tootsies every morning and get this happy pure smile that as we grow older, we really lose. So yes, I get what you're saying, the feeling that you're sharing.
But I've lost people so close to me, friends and family, I've lost the part of who I am and I really don't believe god would put anyone through suffering like that.

Also ladies, it's a good discussion, it's not really black and white. Nothing in life is black and white. There is no reason to get offended, we are all grown ups, we are now mommies remember :) I am sure at some point our babies will ask us something very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back