I know it might be a bit early but .....

daisydoo

Mummy to Oliver & Amelia
Reaction score
has anyone else looked in mothercare yet?
we went in today :happydance::happydance: oh and im so excited. felt a bit of a fraud without any sign of a bump yet :rofl: but there is some GORGEOUS stuff. ive already picked out the moses basket i like it's on a wooden stand with rockers on the bottom and i started looking at prams - theres a minefield if ever there were one! i only have a corsa so need one that folds up tiny in the boot so think i like the LOOLA ones and theres a good foldy silver cross stroller too!! got a fair few months to ponder over it i s'pose!!!

Haha, nahh, I look at stuff online and Kaleb and I took a trip to Walmart to check out prices on diapers, wipes, clothes, etc. so we can financially plan. I don't look pregnant atm, just chubby :( lol.

i braved mothercare yesterday for the 1st time just to have a lil look , been fightened of jinxing it all ! but seeing as my mother in law has gone baby mad i thought what the heck :rofl:

i went to ,mothercare to get maternity bras at reccomendation of midwife so had a good look around whilst in there and got a catlalogue there

I'm glad I'm not the only who feels like a fraud going in there at the moment!

My friend dragged me into Mothercare when I found out at 5 weeks, and it probably sounds crazy but I had already chosen my pram by 8 weeks! I've managed to restrain myself and have only bought the steriliser so far because Tommy Tippee had it on offer on their website, but I'm more relaxed about how much it's all gonna cost now I;ve been and had a look at everything. :)

I've pretty much chosen the pram, I went and tried some out this week :)

I've got no worries planning this all out, there's lots to think about.
My feeling is you may aswell spend your time getting excited :)

Oh and post the link for the moses basket if you feel like it :)

I only got my :bfp: today and we went to mothercare and mama and papa's!

We spent the weekend looking at mothercare (and similar) websites! Mainly at the cute little clothes! I *really* wanted to order the reindeer suit (given baby should turn up just before xmas) but realised it was a little silly at 5 weeks so settled for looking at car seats and prams instead...

We have been a couple of times now for bras etc. I have also set up our gift list on the mothercare website.....soo exciting. Just hope that we can send it to everyone after the scan tomorrow! [-o<

Gift list - great idea.

Excuse me for asking though, but is that normal, or it is a bit assuming that people are going to buy you stuff? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure nearest and dearest would buy us stuff anyway but I wouldn't expect anyone else to until bubs was born....
Don't get me wrong, I would much rather someone sent me a list, as I have no idea what to get for babies other than clothes (cos you can't have too many of them can you?)

Any thoughts?

I've done one purely to stop my mother going mad and buying too much or stuff we dont need. She has said to put up a big list and she'll just buy us half a dozen things or so. I'm not expecting gifts off people....it actually works well as a shopping list! :rofl:

Also, my Dad lives 300 miles away and wants to buy us a pram so he'll use it for that so that it gets delivered to us.

Purely convenience, and it'll only get sent to parents and the odd people who request it.

Ah, that makes sense then. Our parents live close by and would let us choose anything they brought for us anyway.
Guess there is the added bonus that if anyone else does want to get you anything you will get stuff you like...

Exactly....just stops you getting confused and also, once it's been bought you can knock it off the list or it will come off automatically, so no chance of duplicates or anyone wasting money which is why I like the idea too.

I've spent hours going through the website.....there's so much to choose from!!! :happydance:

I went into mothercare at 4 weeks - just after we found out.
I needed support bras as my first 'symptom' of pregnancy was blooming breasts and they were popping out of my usual ones :rofl:

Ive been to Mamas & Papas once recently to purchase a bellyband thing as my jeans are becoming a little tight but otherwise we havnt chosen or even looked at anything.

We've also been on the mothercare website and started a wish list. Mainly to keep track of the things we like but also if anyone does want to buy something, we'll be able to give them a gentle nudge in that direction so we don't end up with things we don't like or won't use or duplicates!

We've yet to actually buy anything though, or go into any actual baby related shops. Desperately need some new bras though so it won't be much longer i don't think...

I have been on the site but not in store, I want to go in with OH but he works every day and the nearest one is an hour away:(

We've got the pram chosen, just need to go and see it in real life to see if we still like it.

well glad its not just me being premature!!! i said to the lady working there i didnt want to be jinxing things looking this early and she laughed and said everyone says that!!! the moses basket and stand are J5763 and
L1271!!!:happydance::happydance: we were in ikea on saturday and they have some great drawer units with changing stations on top at a really reasonable price too!
They do a great thing in mothercare too if you like you can pay an initial 10% then can pay of a bit a week to help you budget. theres no interest it's 0%. just thought this might help someone on a budget like us!!!
Ive just got all excited at the thought of a little reindeer suit for the baby hadnt thought of that how cute!!!!

I am buying one item every shopping trip to Tescos, you know , small things....and nappies, so by December ill have a wardrobe full lol:blush:

I had a flick through the catalogue today, there was some GORGEOUS stuff in there! And one of the babies in the catalogue made me cry!

I've done one purely to stop my mother going mad and buying too much or stuff we dont need. She has said to put up a big list and she'll just buy us half a dozen things or so. I'm not expecting gifts off people....it actually works well as a shopping list! :rofl:

Also, my Dad lives 300 miles away and wants to buy us a pram so he'll use it for that so that it gets delivered to us.

Purely convenience, and it'll only get sent to parents and the odd people who request it.

I felt a bit strange doing this at first but all the friends and family I've spoken to thought it was a brilliant idea and now keep asking for the list! I've only got one friend who's got a baby and everyone else has said that they wouldn't have a clue what to get so would probably just get clothes unless I told them what I wanted/needed.

Does anyone know if you can have two lists at Mothercare? I want a list for the stuff that I'm going to get (pram, matress etc.) that I wouldn't expect other people to get and one for gifts that other people could get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->