I miss..

Well, here's the thing. There is a long-running chat thread for chat. The buy/swap/sell thread was for well um... buying/swapping/selling, wasn't it? :wacko: Some of the conversations could be fun, but it meant that so much got lost in the babble. It could be really frustrating if you were trying to sell something, as by about middday, your thread could be 15+ pages back. So someone coming onto the thread (particularly someone new to the section) wouldn't necessarily think to look 15 pages back for the nappy they want! And yes, people sort of "bumped/repeated" threads, but it's not always possible to do it every hour!

The Fluff Bum Chat thread maybe doesn't feel the same, but that's down to people choosing not to use it, from where I'm sitting :shrug:. The current section for buying/selling makes a lot more sense.

I don't think anybody was actually complaining Eala, it was more reminiscing. I think the buy/swap/sell thread had its heyday back in the olden days. A lot has changed since then, including a pretty much complete change of members using the section. I'd agree that it's generally better to have a separate section but doesn't mean I can't miss it too :D

Yeah we werent complaining, I know its more sensible this way but i still miss it, Even with the chat i still bought and sold heaps and heaps more, And i always went back to where i'd last read and read all the new pages, It was fun IMO :lol: I can still miss it!

I miss the buying swapping and selling in the old thread more than the small percent of chat btw, I was talking about the buying swapping and selling when i made the thread! I found it easier. JMO

I used to come on here and the first thing I'd look at was if there were any new posts in the buy/sell thread. It was such a little jolt of joy when there were a few new pages! How sad is that? In the new forum, you know what everything is by looking at titles, there's no joy of discovery :rofl:

I used to come on here and the first thing I'd look at was if there were any new posts in the buy/sell thread. It was such a little jolt of joy when there were a few new pages! How sad is that? In the new forum, you know what everything is by looking at titles, there's no joy of discovery :rofl:

Thats so true :rofl:

Thats so true :rofl:

Agreed!! :rofl: Back then I was always looking for Purpledahlia to see which BBOS she'd be selling that day :rofl:

:rofl: That was what i missed about it, It was always there subscribed too and you just clicked and read and the pics of things for sale were all there, But now we have to go into the other bit and just look down click, back, click, back, etc, Theres no fun about it :lol:

Mynx i only have 1 left anyhoos :rofl:

Aah see, I just have the Buy & sell section open in another tab, and just refresh it occasionally (if I'm going to be on the computer for a while). If I'm doing a quick trawl, it usually catches my eye on the way to GS :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->