I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Hello! I'm another one hopefully having my first and long-awaited baby on 22/10/11. Early scan tomorrow!
No morning sickness at all (which of course worries me!)
How are you all getting on?
Went to a party last night (at our neighbours' house) and just drank cola - I think it took 3 minutes before someone - a bloke naturally - just came straight out and said "you're pregnant aren't you?" Alas for me to turn down a glass of wine is so rare that it can only mean one thing!
I'm living it though! Just pray all goes well for us all!
Helen

...loving it - not living it... Well, kind of both I guess come to think of it!...

Hello! I'm another one hopefully having my first and long-awaited baby on 22/10/11. Early scan tomorrow!
No morning sickness at all (which of course worries me!)
How are you all getting on?
Went to a party last night (at our neighbours' house) and just drank cola - I think it took 3 minutes before someone - a bloke naturally - just came straight out and said "you're pregnant aren't you?" Alas for me to turn down a glass of wine is so rare that it can only mean one thing!
I'm living it though! Just pray all goes well for us all!
Helen

Welcome. I am not a big drinker thank goodness but we have loads of friends staying over next weekend and it would unusual for me not to have a drink with them. They all also know we have been trying.

I need to come up with a plausible excuse not to drink. I hope your scan goes well. I am not seeing the midwife for at least another week and will refuse a scan prior to the 10th April.

I am feeling nauseous a lot of the time and my boobs are killing, my sense of smell has really taken over though.

Anyway welcome again, it is good to have people to talk to.

Hi! Last week I just had sparkling water and said it was g&t (people must've been surprised to see me on my fifth but hey-ho!)

Alternatively just say that you're on a course of metronidazole for a dental infection and any alcohol will make you acutely unwell!

Enjoy!

H

Oh dental infection, not bad at all. I think I can feel a painful tooth coming on ;)

Hi,

Can i join? im due oct 24th, went for ann early scan thinking i was 5.5 weeks, but they pushed me back to less than 5, about 4.5 or 4.8

im taking folic acid with vitb12, and duphaston which are basically progesterone pills 10mg twice daily, to maintain safe pregnancy.

id love to be bump buddies with you ladies and carry on towards october,

forgot to mention went in for an early scan today and all i saw was the gestational sac and yolk sac. its normal not to see the fetal pole even as they pushed me back a week.

Hi Preethi! Im supposed to 6 weeks +1 but it feels like an age since LMP!
Equally 9 months seems almost too far away to imagine! It'll be winter again!
Nice to meet you! Hx

I have just completed my pregnancy pack for the midwife appointment, all seems so real now. I am allowing myself to get excited now and trying not to worry too much. I'll be fine unless I start spotting and then I will start to panic straight away.

But I am feeling positive at the moment.

I just wish I could sleep at night, I keep waking up in the early hours and struggle to get back off.
Hi Preethi :wave:

Hi ladies,
My symptoms seem to vary. The only constants are the sore (.)(.) and heartburn which are both 24/7. I was actually sick for the 1st time 3 days ago, but thankfully nothing since. I just wake up feeling hungover most days! How is everyone today? xx

Really tired here too. Very queasy but also hungry -- bad combo. Feel like I've got lots of sinus pressure and headache to go with it. I'm trying the daily nasal rinse and we'll see if that helps since I don't want to take any meds.

Welcome to all the newbies!!! I was lucky enough to score some 2nd hand maternity stuff last night and a few unisex onzies!! soo great to start gathering stuff..makes it seem so much more real!! haha I even stuffed my shirt and wore my new maternity jeans to try the tops on so I could see if they would fit over a belly lol...too funny but now I cant wait to have a bump! they were all soo cute!!... also cant wait till friday for my next US... currently eating some strawberry yogurt and granola...mmmm....we are going to get drywall to start fixing the nursery....

Glad you got some maternity clothes and are getting prepared.
I can't wait until I need maternity clothes but I am hoping that I can still get into my own clothes for some time yet. I have a big family party on the 16th April and I want to wear my 50's dress and announce the pregnancy. I'd rather not have to buy a dress for the occasion.

Hi ladies,
My symptoms seem to vary. The only constants are the sore (.)(.) and heartburn which are both 24/7. I was actually sick for the 1st time 3 days ago, but thankfully nothing since. I just wake up feeling hungover most days! How is everyone today? xx

Ive only got quite sore boobs - but I wouldn't describe it as agony as some people do. Im also unbelievably forgetful and disorganised which I thought was a much later feature of pregnancy. I think that might just be because Im tired generally and totally preoccupied with this 'Being Pregnant' business! Im moving house, revising for exams and commuting 4 hours a day to work plus looking after a cat, horse, pig and husband.

Im worried that I should be taking it easy (my mum keeps saying this) but I work in a horriblt unfriendly macho and male-oriented job and theres' no way there's going to be any chance of taking it easy. Id go as far as to say that my boss is a misogynist. Anyone else anticipate trouble on the work front? It worrying me to the point of ruining my enjoyment of being newly pregnant!

I am lucky I am deputy manager of a nursery. I haven't been there long and the owner knew i was trying for a baby. I don't anticipate any problems until nearer my due date. Although for me getting to the loo can be an issue as we are so busy.

It is hard when you don;t have your boss on side and it is hard to slow down, I would say you are ok for now, but when you start to show you may find that you have to take things a little slower.

I am forgetting things too which is very unlike me, in fact until you mentioned it I forgot I had that symptom. I too figure it is down to tiredness though.

Hi Helen, Hi Hippy, thanks for the welcome, i know 9 months seems long, but the 12 week wait seems even longer.. im so impatient, for two things. one my heartbeat scan at 8 weeks on march 23rd, and second, for the 12 weeks scan.. i have to learn patience as life is quite impossible for me without obsessing every minute, reaeraching all sorts on the internet, haha

hope you ladies are doing much much better than i am !!

I am doing ok at the moment. I am hoping that being busy at work will make the next few weeks fly by, then I have a holiday and hopefully will have a scan a week after we get back from holiday.

It seems like we are always in a wait, waiting to ovulate, the tww, waiting for our 1st appt., waiting for ur scan to tell the gender, the list goes on and on. So far though, i think its going by kind of fast, ive known for two weeks today that were expecting. I told hubby, two weeks down 34/1 left. Im just ready for my 1st scan, so that i can see the baby for real! It just doesnt seem real yet.

hiya ladies im due 25th october doesnt seem quite real yet hoping to get into doctors tomorrow to get the ball rolling this will be my forth child and this one has knocked me for six found out 11 days ago and spent the past 11 days in a state of total shock horror, although im starting to come to terms with it slowly
h&h 9 mnths to you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"