I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Hi Girls!

Almost 6 weeks now! After having cramping last week, I went in for some blood work and the doctor said everything looks perfect! Hooray!

I kept telling my Mom that I didn't "feel" pregnant because I wasn't sick. Watch what you wish for!! For the past few days I have been so ill I can't even think about food without wanting to be sick. So if anyone has any tips they would be helpful!

Good luck everyone with their first scans! Ours is March 14th! It couldn't come around fast enough!

xxx

Hi again to all the new newbies lol..gosh this thread just keeps growing and growing..Im so glad we have such a huge support group already!! when do you all plan on starting the nursery? and what things are you going to do now and what things are you gonna leave until after the gender scan (for those of us that are finding out gender)...

Oh my how busy this thread is today! That's great! Hello to all of the new ladies. :hi:

Has anyone been swimming since their bfp? We went with the kids today and I swear the water was absorbing into me. I had to pee 3 times in the 1 hour we were there!!!! How weird?!?

My new maternity shirts and dress came in yesterday. I told myself I wasn't going to order anything for a while, but I'm definitely popping and I found a great sale -- Old Navy 50% off and free shipping -- Yeah!!! I don't suppose I'd better wear them until after we announce next month. I think it would be super obvious!

I got some maternity jeans from old navy just last night and then a my hubbys friends wife brought me some maternity stuff too!! super cute and I had never even met her before...she is super nice and it was soo thoughtful of her to do that for me...

We got the curtain rods/covers for the sliding door and the window in the nursery..and got curtains for the window...I think I want to get a matching set for the door but for now we already have some nice ones up but I think them not matching will annoy me lol..and they were only $12 per panel which is great! we also got a paint sample of the Sunbeam color I want to do and I cant wait to test that out...

I think im going to wait to buy anything til after our first scan on 3/16. We probably wont start on the nsy til later on. Ive already started making a wish list on babies r us, so that when its time to make a registry for the shower, ill be ready. What can i say, itsnfun to pick out stuff for the baby!

I think im going to wait to buy anything til after our first scan on 3/16. We probably wont start on the nsy til later on. Ive already started making a wish list on babies r us, so that when its time to make a registry for the shower, ill be ready. What can i say, itsnfun to pick out stuff for the baby!

I started doing the same thing, but at target!! Its easier than I thought, even tho I don't know the gender. Alot of things you can want that is neutral

My DH said that I can't buy anything until after I'm out of the first trimester. We have had a miscarriage and an ectopic before, so I understand. I probably won't buy anything until after I find out the gender anyway.

My DH said that I can't buy anything until after I'm out of the first trimester. We have had a miscarriage and an ectopic before, so I understand. I probably won't buy anything until after I find out the gender anyway.

What does DH mean?

Not going to buy anything until after 12 weeks. I bought loads of stuff last time and had a MC so I have some stuff already but will wait before buying anything else.

Right off to work time for me in the UK. Have a great day ladies. xx

A bumb buddy is someone who is due around the same time as you, you can talk online, some text, some meet up some use phone. But just someone going through the same as you.

I am also due the 25th October :)

not showing, but have sore boobs, feeling queasy, strong sense of smell etc. I am also getting very forgetful.

I'm not going to buy anything until I have a bump! It hasn't stopped me scoping stuff out online. Good thing too. I had no idea how much things like prams cost! Better get saving ;)

I don't know what we'll do for the baby's room. I work from home don't have space to work anywhere else in the house so it looks like baby will have to share with me until we figure something out.

I dont think ill buy anything at all until our 12 week scan. Im worried it'll jinx it if i do. I havent even looked yet! Im so superstitious! lol

Ha ha, I have private wish lists at Target, Amazon, and Babies R Us. I know it's a little crazy, but I started them back when we started TTC. I used the excuse that we should get an idea of how much everything we want costs, but I really just wanted to pick stuff out, he he.

I already bought a stroller frame for the car seat I want when it went on super sale. Then the car seat went on sale, but it only had a 90 return policy (the stroller had 365 days), so I decided to wait on that. I am sure it will go on sale again. It feels great to have some of that stuff done though.

I think after my 12 week appointment I will make the hubby take me furniture shopping. It's one of the few things I don't have picked out :p Then I can focus on designing the nursery once I find out the sex!

Can you tell I'm excited? ;)

ha ha Acorn Im totally with you!! I had my Target registry picked out since fall of last year..and I would just keep changing the due date lol....I picked out boy and girl stuff and plan on just deleting whichever one I need to after we find out the sex.. I had picked out Graco suites (travel system...highchair...playpen..and swing) in like two different patterns for female and two for male..but!! they have the cutest green/yellow SweetPea special pattern by Sprout 'n Grow that I decided I want for either boy or girl so I went through last night and cleaned out the registry...and cleaned out the stuff that was no longer available...etc etc...we are painting the week before Easter when I have my tall siblings here to help me haha...and we will have sooo much fun with it...we are re-using a wardrobe we have and will just paint it white..and I have the crib picked out...also white...and then we will have to buy a changing table..I want the corner one...to save space..and some friends of ours have the Fisher Price Starlight swing that goes back and forth and side to side so we are buying that from them at a reduced price!!...soo cant wait!!

I'm really hoping to find lots of equipment and clothes at garage sales this summer. It's great timing having a baby after the summer season. I used to have it all but sold it-- we didn't think we would be having any more little ones! :winkwink: My mom has our baby tub, monitor, travel swing, and play mat that she has used for the grandkids. I'll be needing them back! The one thing I will not buy used is the car seat. You never know if it has been in an accident.

As for the nursery, it looks like the baby will be in DH and my room until we move next fall. 2 bedroom house with 4 kids -- we are nice and cozy but loving it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->