I need a TTC friend :*(

This is my second cycle temping. It works well for me, shows a clear pattern. I also use OPKs, to let me know exactly when I will O, but if I am honest, my cm does tell me alot about when I will O. I trust my cm more than the OPKs, given they did not really give me a clear positive last cycle, but my temps show I defnitely O'd

I think I'm going to try temping this next cycle. What are kind of the basics of it?

Take a look at my chart in my sig. Basically you get yourself a digital thermometre, preferable to two decimal places. You take your temp each morning as soon as you wake up (preferably at the same time, even on weekends) and enter it into a chart like on fertilityfriend.com.

I normally take my temp at 6am, but sometimes I wake at 5.30am so take it then. The important part is that you do not move around much before taking your temp. Mine is beside my bed so I just reach out and grab it. Mine also remembers the last temp, so I can take my temp, when it beeps turn it off, then record it later when I am up :)

After you have ovulated, your temperature will rise quite a bit, and stay that high until AF arrives (or if you get a BFP, you might get a further rise after implantation - called a triphasic graph)

do you guys want to post kind of a background of yourselfs and your ttc journey so i learn more about you? I will post mine.

hi count me in aswell to be your buddy!!! iam new to this so i could do with a friend i have been ttc for 2 and a half yrs i have had 1 unsuccessful iui and now moving to ivf this will be my first month of it and dont no what to expect could anyone tel me there story plz.

Take a look at my chart in my sig. Basically you get yourself a digital thermometre, preferable to two decimal places. You take your temp each morning as soon as you wake up (preferably at the same time, even on weekends) and enter it into a chart like on fertilityfriend.com.

I normally take my temp at 6am, but sometimes I wake at 5.30am so take it then. The important part is that you do not move around much before taking your temp. Mine is beside my bed so I just reach out and grab it. Mine also remembers the last temp, so I can take my temp, when it beeps turn it off, then record it later when I am up :)

After you have ovulated, your temperature will rise quite a bit, and stay that high until AF arrives (or if you get a BFP, you might get a further rise after implantation - called a triphasic graph)

Thanks! I have one of those children's ear ones that say xx.x or whatever. So I'll probably just use that. Does it rise at all before you ovulate?

Things like drinking alcohol or being ill can make your temp go higher, but generally it doesn't rise before ovulation. Some people get a little dip right before ovulation, I have only had one cycle charting, so I am not 100% sure of my pattern yet, and my cycle was very long last time, which is also not normal for me.

But my average went up by 0.4 degrees C after ovulation, and was very noticeable

This cbfm is driving me nuts. It's easy to use but not to set up... I have to test at night bc I can't figure out how to reset time... Anyone else using it?!

what is a cbfm? and what does it stand for? sorry iam new to this internet lingo!!!.....

I'd love to be a buddy as well :) AF is due the 7th or 8th and we've been ttc since October. I was on the depo for 9 months and we had a chemical earlier this month so I don't feel like well get lucky anytime soon. I'm also on here daily, usually more than I should be ha. I work as a barista so when my shops slow, I sit on B&B :)

hi iam just wondering what does AF stand for thanks.....???

Hope you dont mind I am going to add you all.

My story:

HUbby(turns 30 in 2 days haha) and I (26) got married in October 2011. We've been living together for about 3 years now so it did not make a difference. WE have always wanted kids we just didnt know when. I kind of started freaking out over my Type I Diabetes, and I will be honest, growing up, my blood sugar control was AWFUL! There was a time when I didnt get any periods at all. Fast forward to when I met my husband and we started talking about the future so I started to take care of myself, just about 8 months ago I started getting my periods back, and ovulating regularly.

At first we wanted to buy a house, settle in and then try(currently we live in his grandmothers old house, thankfully for free, and we are just banking all of our money, I know, WE ARE VERY LUCKY!).. we currently have loads of student loan debt, and then we looked at it all realistically and said theres no way were going to pay off our debt, get a down payment for a house and then finally buy a house, settle in, and then try to make a baby! We would be waiting another 10 years! and lets be honest.. hed be 40 and i'd be 36, not the best of situations esp with the Diabetes. We agreed, were doing it now, if we conceive, by the time baby is growing, we can pay debt off, get our down payment and move into our dream home. (We are glad we dont have to pick a house right away even though we are still house hunting, we have seen many beautiful houses but none of them feel right, like we can never imagine outselves living there... we assumed when the right house came along, we would know it. We did almost buy 2 houses, but they came back one was full of radon so we backed out and the 2nd house, well, the sellers are a bunch of A-holes :) Anyway, so were trying for a baby now! :) Sorry not really ttc related but it is in a way I guess...

So that brings us to now...

Last month we agreed we are def trying for a baby and we had sex during ovulation but nothing. This was before I googled things to try to do to get pregnant so now this month we are dtd every other day even not during ovulation, im eating healthier, and blood sugar control has been close to perfect. I know I am ovulating because I can feel it every month (i get the sharp pains, i get a pimple, and i get moody lol) and I also can see and feel my mucous.

Currently I am CD 12 which means were fertile over here!
My chart says I ovulate on CD 14 but I have a feeling itll be a day or two earlier than that so we are going to try to do it everyday until April 3rd.

HUbbys enjoying dtd, he even asks me to do it, ODD?! right!? lol
I will admit, before all this conceiving, there would be a time I would dtd like once a week if that, I get tired very easily, but we seem to be on the ball now;) like i said, Im not complaining!

I hope we all get our BFP's very soon! Good luck to all!

hi iam just wondering what does DTD, CD 12, ODD and BFP stand for? and mean? iam really sorry but i havent a clue what they mean???...

OK here is some definitions -
CBFM = clear blue fertility monitor
AF = aunt flow = period
DTD = doing the deed = sex
BD = baby dance = sex
ODD i think just means odd! As in, odd that hubbie wants to DTD (sarcasm in that content I believe LOL)
BFP = big fat positive for a pregnancy test
BFN = big fat negative
HPT = home pregnancy test
CD = cycle day (CD1 = first day of your period)

hey Tiffttc....there is a section at the top of the home page that gives you a list of all the Abbreviations so you can understand everyone...i had to print it off myself :) lol good luck!

it is a lot of lingo lol, i just googled it lol. I felt like an idiot, but I guess we have all been there lol..

lol sorry littlemisscie :) i still have the list right next to the computer so if i dont understand something i look it up :)

I think we've all been there Lol!!! Yyou know you spend soo much of your life trying NOT to get pregnant cause you think its soo easy... and then when you want to get pregnant its hard as hell. Anyone have good words of encouragement? I feel its never gona happen. Cause of my pcos.

Yes I too was googling the words!! Geez I am hoping this is the month! I just had a skype chat with my friend that had twins like 2 weeks ago.... they are so cute, but makes me so sad! but happy(for her of course) ... if that makes sense. She started trying when I did

Does anyone exoerience a light bleeding for a few days with ovulation? Its been like three days and its still bleeding, no clotting, just light pink and brown... :( today im supposed to ovulate but i havent felt my ovulation pains like i usually do.. Kinda bummed. Dont think its my month again ladies!

Nikki you're not out til the witch shows her face!!! I'm having light pink too. And twinges in my left ovary. Sound like ovulation? Even though the opk was negative? I did it at like 3pm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->