I need some input...multiple MCs, trying progesterone

Thats great news about your friend chilli- did she have any treatment this time?

I've just read that book by Dr Beer about how baby friendly your body is and it has absolutely terrified me and convinced me that I'm never going to be able to persuade my FS to carry out all these detailed immunological tests needed. Anyone else read that book?!

Thanks Brillbride- will have a look x

So sorry for your losses hun :hugs:

My friend had 4 m/c and then went for tests. She found there was a clotting problem in her placenta and she had to take a baby asprin a day to help. She carried the next baby to term.

I know it is not the same but i hope any kind of info will help you :hugs:

Hey girls, well I got a positive on an opk today...not as dark as the control though but very dark so I'm assuming ov is coming in the next few days....earlier than I expected. Cant complain about that though. I bought a cream online. agestop it was called. I paid £15.95 for it. Trouble is it hasnt arrived and isnt likely to arrive before the end of the week. So I hope I can still use it as most people say to start using it 7 DPO...anyone know if thats true?? Congrats on the news for your friend hun! xx

Hey girls, well I got a positive on an opk today...not as dark as the control though but very dark so I'm assuming ov is coming in the next few days....earlier than I expected. Cant complain about that though. I bought a cream online. agestop it was called. I paid £15.95 for it. Trouble is it hasnt arrived and isnt likely to arrive before the end of the week. So I hope I can still use it as most people say to start using it 7 DPO...anyone know if thats true?? Congrats on the news for your friend hun! xx

How long since you mc CJ? I have no idea when you should start using it but I've so got my fx for you! x

You want to start using progesterone cream after you verify that you ovulated. I chart my temps and do OPKs. After I've gotten 3 high temperatures and a positive OPK, I start using the cream. That puts me at 3dpo. If you start it before ovulation, you will delay your ovulation. The reason is that your body produces progesterone AFTER ovulation. If you use it before Ov, your body thinks it has ovulated already. Once you've ovulated, you want to use the cream right away. This will help with the progesterone production in your body which is essential for maintaining a pregnancy. The cream is mild enough that if you aren't pregnant, you will get AF. I hope this helps and good luck!

You want to start using progesterone cream after you verify that you ovulated. I chart my temps and do OPKs. After I've gotten 3 high temperatures and a positive OPK, I start using the cream. That puts me at 3dpo. If you start it before ovulation, you will delay your ovulation. The reason is that your body produces progesterone AFTER ovulation. If you use it before Ov, your body thinks it has ovulated already. Once you've ovulated, you want to use the cream right away. This will help with the progesterone production in your body which is essential for maintaining a pregnancy. The cream is mild enough that if you aren't pregnant, you will get AF. I hope this helps and good luck!

Hi heart tree- was wondering how you would get your AF if your giving yourself progesterone?! Is it still strong enough to maintain a pregnancy then?:wacko:

Well I had a positive OPK this morning but my temps havent gone down since my m/c. Normally I am 97.6 as a coverline, but its stayed at 98.9 to 99.2. Its been the same today, but dipped this afternoon to 98.6 (ov dip maybe??) I dont have cream yet so havent been using it, so my ov is happening when it should be I guess...

I did find out that progesterone is made after ov thankfully so knew not to use it before. I always do my research :) I will start using it when it arrives. I'm assuming that the day af is due or maybe a few days after if you are getting negative tests then its use should be stopped???? Thats what I was planning to do anyway? You dont absorb as much as suppositories with the cream so not sure the levels would be enough to stop af...I could be wrong though.

My m/c was physically on the 21st Aug, but I had negative hcg tests for days before that. So I think my CD1 was actually when I had my negative test and not when I started bleeding...my ov would be due wednesday this week and not saturday if thats the case..so to be a couple of days early wouldnt be that unusual??? I am normally a 28 day cycle...not sure if its been shortened this month.

Moonmama - no tests, no treatments, no change except for luck!!! She's 42 as well

Thanks for all the useful info girls about when to use etc.

OH just gone away for 10 days, I'm on day 4 of cycle!!!!??? You do the math!!?? Hopefully won't OV early

Moonmama - no tests, no treatments, no change except for luck!!! She's 42 as well

Thanks for all the useful info girls about when to use etc.

OH just gone away for 10 days, I'm on day 4 of cycle!!!!??? You do the math!!?? Hopefully won't OV early

Oh no thats bad timing! Think he should post you some in a turkey baster just incase you do ov!:haha:

Wow- thats really reassuring about your friend! Really pleased for her, but I just feel too old and weary and cynical now to ever leave it to chance again! I'm really thinking I want to get some immunological testing now too x

CJ I think my baseline temps have changed after every mc so maybe this is how its going to be for you too? x

Moonmama, like CJ said, the cream isn't as strong as the suppositories. Every time I've used the cream, I start spotting around when AF is due. Once I start noticing some blood, I stop the cream. I will say that it has lengthened my luteal phase, so I know it is working. My RE is giving me suppositories AFTER my BFP. He said that if I start the suppositories right after ovulation, I might not get AF and I won't know when to stop them. So, my plan is to use the cream from ovulation until my BFP then switch to suppositories.

Moonmama, like CJ said, the cream isn't as strong as the suppositories. Every time I've used the cream, I start spotting around when AF is due. Once I start noticing some blood, I stop the cream. I will say that it has lengthened my luteal phase, so I know it is working. My RE is giving me suppositories AFTER my BFP. He said that if I start the suppositories right after ovulation, I might not get AF and I won't know when to stop them. So, my plan is to use the cream from ovulation until my BFP then switch to suppositories.

sounds like you have a supportive RE. Sorry if you've already said but have you tried progesterone before in any of your previous pregnancies?

Yes, I used the cream in my last two, but not the suppositories. Obviously, given the fact that I've lost all of my pregnancies, the cream wasn't a magic fix for me. In my opinion though, it can't hurt to use.

I should add that none of my doctors believe in the cream. My acupuncturist recommended it for my short luteal phase. Since it can't hurt, I've been using it. My doctors don't seem to think enough of it gets absorbed into the skin. I don't care what they think, I'm still using it after Ov until my BFP.

Doing ok here. I have started the progesterone suppositories last week and so far they are ok. I did have some spotting which I guess they can cause and they are a little messy but it is worth it if they work. I am hoping to test in the very near future and get good news, but I will have to wait and see. I am trying to wait until at least Friday but really I should try to wait until next week. Anyone else near testing time?

I broke down and tested a day early. There was definitely a line so I am very excited!!:happydance: I am a little nervous too based on my history. I am hoping this one sticks!!

congrats Jelly!!! :)

I will be on progesterone suppositories as well when I get a :bfp: from re-current mc :cry: and I will also have to use blood thinner injections since I have blood clotting issues. :cry: AND baby asprin...

Jelly that is fantastic news!! CONGRATS! :happydance:

I hope to see more of those on this thread.

AFM I have still not received my progesterone.... :nope:

And to top it I have had a positive OPK for the 4th day!!!!! HELP! :dohh:

DH are DTD till I get a negative! Lets hope I get a negative soon. I had a temp dip to 97.9 (temps have been weird sinc mc and stayed at 98.9-99.2 so this dip was major for me). So I classed yesterday as 1 DPO. Fair you think??

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Yay Jelly!!! Keep us posted and I have everything crossed for you!

Ashley, I also have had recurrent mcs. I'm going on the suppositories once I get my BFP too. I've also been taking aspirin.

CJ, with the temp dip it sounds like you already Ov'd. Sometimes for me, my temp dips on the day I Ov. I often get 3-4 days of positive OPKs. You probably caught the LH surge on the way up, then caught the surge the next day and then it is taking some time to clear out of your system which is why they are still positive. It sounds to me like you covered your bases. Good luck!!!

Yay Jelly!!! Keep us posted and I have everything crossed for you!

Ashley, I also have had recurrent mcs. I'm going on the suppositories once I get my BFP too. I've also been taking aspirin.

CJ, with the temp dip it sounds like you already Ov'd. Sometimes for me, my temp dips on the day I Ov. I often get 3-4 days of positive OPKs. You probably caught the LH surge on the way up, then caught the surge the next day and then it is taking some time to clear out of your system which is why they are still positive. It sounds to me like you covered your bases. Good luck!!!

:happydance: you have cheered me up! I really hope thats the case!! Should I be worried if I have another positive tomorrow??? How did you get the doc to agree to suppositories??? I cant get any help like that. He said he doesnt know enough about progesterone in pregnancy to advise or prescribe!!

oh jelly yay!!! so pleased for you! fingers crossed chick! :hugs::hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->