I need some more invite help, so sorry guys

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm really sorry, I know I am THE most annoying person ever with my invites, but they are driving me bonkers! And I have no where else to ramble on :haha:

Basically, does this idea suck?!?!
I am back again to the small box idea. I am thinking a 1.5cm high postcard sized box, with small postcard-esque thingies inside with details on. I am toying with the idea of having them sort of like my table cloths, the grey-green velvet with trim thing. This colour velvet https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/tumblr_mhb66hWvZZ1s3e8sco3_1280-1_zps9e92d771.jpg and this sort of trim (the trim is very tiny, like 1cm wide) around the edge. https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/il_570xN422318284_t5r6_zps1c6f8cd2.jpg
I'd sandpaper the velvet the same way as my table cloths, so that it looks really old and vintage. I dunno though, what do you reckon? I'd be just a simple box, like a very tiny and flat shoe box. Postcards would be very simple.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/6b482be4bd01aac0dcacb6e3ef207b98_zpsc82156cc.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/2be1439d92a99dd0a1b0740a40b58a8c_zpsb0b4edb2.jpg
Again, really sorry, I WILL get this sorted and out of the way soon :dohh:

I have no advice to give because I simply adore all your ideas

Ahhh thanks, I wish I had just set out to do something simple because now it's so complicated I can't decide and can't get it right :dohh:

I was thinking, the only way I would personally be able to choose between your ideas would be to choose the least labour intensive ones :lol:

I don't mind the work it's just that I can't decide on one idea and then when I do I can't find the materials I need :dohh: Like I bought 14 metres of the perfect fabric for the tablecloths and was gonna get another ten and the fabric was discontinued!!! I just want a final idea, my invites are so behind schedule, and it doesn't help that I was meant to do a blog post for Kate at VSH months ago on them. Do you think this is a dumb idea? You can say yes :blush: If not, I think I'll just go for it and if I change my mind oh well.

No, I love this idea. What would you do instead of the velvet covers though?

Yeah, on the boxes. Is there anyway you could somehow replicate the silver effect like your glass votives? Or are you going to try and find some more fabric?

I have just bought a sample of this fabric: 1320329882-Cortina-1655.jpg

Wayy expensive as it's upholstery fabric and much more than I paid for the first lot, which was on Ebay, but as I only need a metre or two for the invites I think it's okay. So gonna try out the idea with the sample and fingers crossed it looks good! I really hope so, it's about time these were sent :dohh:

Still searching for the table cloth fabric though, I am not paying £20 a metre for it. Then again I have hired pretty wooden tables so if the table cloth doesn't cover them to the end I suppose it isn't the end of the world, at least they're not plastic.

Oh I thought you already had the table fabric.
Your tables are lovely though. Couldn't you save by instead of having a cloth that covers the entire table top just have a runner down the centre? Especially as you're having a banquet style meal. You don't really need covers to the edge. Could save you some pennies

Fingers crossed that sample works out. I can't believe how expensive some fabric is :wacko:

I have some of the tablecloth fabric, about 16 metres, but then the shop ran out :cry: I don't like runners, I'm not sure why, they just annoy me! I know, it's mad! I think that's why sofas cost so much, it's the fabric!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->