I pray this doesn't sound insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittee

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Never mind. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm having trouble with a few of the avatars and signature photo's lately. I had a really bad dream last night and I just shouldn't say anything because it would be too painful.

I understand both side... On the angels mummys side photos these photos are about the only thing they can cling onto and are proud to show off their angel... On the other hand these pictures can be a little worrying for first time mothers. Tricky situation x

I think it's probably best you removed that post, if you were saying what I thought you were about to say.

I said it in the most compassionate manner I could muster Raf, but yes I did remove it.

I think having bad dreams at this stage is "normal hormones", and I don't think it is caused by this site. My OH has never visited this site, but one morning he woke up crying, as he dreamt something went wrong with the bubz. I also have often bad dreams, I just think it's the subconscious worried mind trying to get rid of the worrisome thoughts. Try not to get too influenced by those dreams.

If it makes you feel better, I had a dream I was going to the bathroom and woke up wetting myself a little. YIKES!

Whilst it is understandable what kittee may of said we have to appreciate both sides, both those who are pregnant & those who have angels.

I see nothing wrong with the avatars but everyone is different :hugs:

I've found that using firefox with adblock is a godsend when involved in forums. I can right click and block any image that bothers me in avatars and signatures without anyone else having to know and without anyone getting offended.

I've never done it here, mind you, but there are other sites I frequent where they're blinding or animated and hurt my eyes!

If you're not already using Firefox for a browser, perhaps you could start using it. It has a lot of great features, but adblock alone makes it worthwhile.

For most people those dreams come with the pregnancy. I have never had "bad" pregnancy dreams, i'm one of the ones who has weird funny dreams that usually involve kissing lol idk why.
Personally i dont have a problem with those kinds of Avatars, they wouldn't make me anymore worried then i already was :)

If you're not already using Firefox for a browser, perhaps you could start using it. It has a lot of great features, but adblock alone makes it worthwhile.

I didn't see the original post so I'm not even going to try to assume what was or wasn't said and just not comment but I wanted to add to the browser recommendations... After Firefox upgraded to 3.0, I found it to basically start to become bloatware (ran slow, crashed a lot and had too much stuff running in it unnecessarily). I've found Flock to be much nicer to my processor and it's Mozilla-based so it can run all the great add-ons, like Ad-Block. It's also a social networking browser so if you use Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, or any of the social bookmarking sites, blogs, photo-hosting sites or video-hosting sites then you'll get a lot of use out of the extras.

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm having trouble with a few of the avatars and signature photo's lately. I had a really bad dream last night and I just shouldn't say anything because it would be too painful.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, Honey, I just wanted to give you a bit of support in this. Although the images have not given me nightmares or worried me about my own situation, I do find the pictures upsetting on a personal level so you are not alone.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about!!! So If the original poster was worried about upsetting anyone it certainly does not upset newbie thread readers now.....just puzzles and purplexes them :) I use firefox :)

I too understand why the parents would want these pictures as it is all they have but personally if it was me I would want it kept private and not all over the internet, I saw these pictures and they really upset me and I cried for ages after I just don't think they should be posted up for all to see but that's just my opinion and I'm sorry if it offends anyone

I too understand why the parents would want these pictures as it is all they have but personally if it was me I would want it kept private and not all over the internet, I saw these pictures and they really upset me and I cried for ages after I just don't think they should be posted up for all to see but that's just my opinion and I'm sorry if it offends anyone

I'm with you Crafty!

XXX

I see absolutly nothing wrong with angel mummies putting pics of their angels in their avators, ok yes it can be upsetting but you have to think that to those angel mummies people putting pics of their babies may be upsetting to them! Maybe i am wrong but i like to look at both sides of it.. Angel mummies must feel just as proud of their babies as we do of ours so they shouldnt feel bad about sharing pictures of them. It is their right as parents.

And to be honest the only reason i find it upsetting is because my heart totally goes out to them, i cannot imagine how they must feel!

I hope my opinion doesnt offend or upset anyone, its just how i feel x

Why should they hide away something that they had been blessed with, I have no problem with the avatars and am quite honoured that they can share a little bit of what they have left with us all. Yes they are personal to the mother.
Sometimes its the only way they have to deal with their loss, i can't even begin to imagine what they have been through, and the pain they feel, but if it helps to share pictures they have, then they should not be censored or be worried about hurting people.

All the angels who have gone to soon are beautiful, and i thank the mums for sharing them, it can't be easy.

I agree with hypnorm, Whilst it may be upsetting for those who are pregnant or with children, it is also upsetting for those parents of beautiful angels to see our happy children too.
I don't think its right saying angel avatars shouldn't be posted, This is not just a pregnancy forum & i think some people need to remember that.

Just going off what Moo said, think how hard it is for mothers who have angels, to see all our children in our avatars? Do they not have the right to display there angels pictures too? Yes, it's hard for pregnant people to see, but imagine how much harder it is for angel mummies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->