I Think That I Am Having Twins

ive had to leave work as we cant afford the childcare. we could for one-just. but we never expected twins.

twins are an amazing experience that we have bn blessed with. but theyre also hard work and people sometimes have to give up a lot.

i suppose these things contribute to tge disliking of those posts

Things are also going to change in a big way for us financially! I get sweats just thinking about it. I've had to rework my budget a hundred times just to shift things around. I can't help thinking how much easier it would have been if it was just one baby. I'm sooooooo thankful I'm getting 2 new babies to love and cherish! I just worry because just that one extra person that we didn't bargain on is a whole extra expense. Everything has just gone up too! From January our medical aid is going up and with 2 new people on it the price is just ridiculous, not to mention childcare, nappies, formula etc etc. It's daunting but I'm having faith that it will all be ok. We have a roof over our heads, we have cars, we have medical aid, insurance, we have food and we can afford childcare. We don't have money over for luxuries but we are able to do it where alot of families literally can't, and I'm thankful for that.

Seems there are a lot of us nurses here!

I LOVE being a nurse! I get great job satisfaction(most of the time:)), and have a great salary with great hours. I graduate from my MSN program(Certified Nurse Midwife/Family NP) here soon and am going to go straight on for my DNP. I don't know how we would do it if we were both working normal 9-5 day jobs, in terms of time with our kids and with each other, day care costs and furthering our educations. Not to mention being able to make so much extra working holidays and overtime if we want a boost.:thumbup: I love how much career progression there is in nursing now. Nursing has really evolved over the past 20-30yrs. Nurses are the best!!:)

im a nursery nurse. ha ha

Ha! That's awesome!! I love when I get to do the occasional shift in the special care nursery! I was so relived when I graduated nursing school and, after a year in med-surg Ortho, got a job in L&D. It's SO much more laid back and easy on my body. Not to mention who wouldn't love to deliver babies and care for them!:)

I'm a doctor. Radiologist

It's awesome how many there are in healthcare on this forum! I definitely think my career and education background makes this pregnancy less stressful, although just because I know something in my head doesn't mean I don't worry.

both more an less cause we know the reality of prematurity and complications etc. but i think we also have more belief in the medical system so that helps

Tator you have my dream job! I am going the same path you are. I want to be a CNM but may go on after that. We will see :D exciting! I'm almost done with my LPN to RN bridge program and the. Starting a CNM course. Eek nervousness. It's so hard to work, study and have all these babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->