I won't be able to live...

jazzandru

Reaction score
I live alone and work full time. I will only get SMP which I think is about £134 a week? I have been told I cannot get tax credit as I earned £16000 in the 12/13 tax year. I can't get housing benefit as I live in a mobile home even though the ground rent is £55 a week plus I have to make the payments on the van it's self. I don't know how much child care is but money is tight already!

I could live with the babies father but he only has one bedroom where as I have two. We are not getting along well at all and I can't say we will be together by the time baby hatches. He says he can't support me financially and wants to get his parents to have the baby while I am at work. They currently live 150 miles away and I have only met them twice. They are elderly and both with health problems.

Is it possible to live on £134 a week?

Probably not... I know i couldn't! You need to call tax credits and let them know you are on smp and they will adjust payments based on this. Least they did with me...
Hth. x

Well my fiance finished with me last night so now there is no option of living with him and I doubt he will help in any way either. Lucky I am a strong woman!

When Baby arrives you will get child benefit and you'll be able to apply for child tax credits (seperate to working tax credits) - this includes an element of childcare which is based on your earnings but takes into account the fact that in order to earn that money, you have to work.

agree with PP, call the tax credits people, and get them to adjust based on your current earnings. Also, as you'll be a single parent, I'm not sure what you're entitled to extra in the way of income support etc as a result of that so may be worth calling or meeting with the citizen's advice to see what they say.

Good luck xx

Are you sure it's over with baby's father? Don't let him ditch you - he has a legal obligation to support you and the baby financially!!

You will get more tax credits than that once the baby is born, you should be entitled to working tax and child credits, especially as this year you'll be on a reduced income from maternity.

I would also be getting the Dad to pay maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->