ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

I was fine once i lay in bed(?) had a hot water bottle and a sleep for about 3 hours..! So panic over (thank god) don't know what that was about..!

Emz- yey! That's amazing news, congratulations on being PUPO! :happydance: when's your otd?

Keri- now i know why your otd is so late, most clinics calculate otd approx 2weeks after collection whereas yours is 2weeks after transfer

Chimmi- it's definitely worth a quick call for peace of mind. Did they draw blood too today? The results of the blood test should indicate the chances of ohss. Great news they can get your eggies out on wednesday :hugs:

Star- I've felt he same as you for the past few weeks but felt like i joined the real world again today at work which was very distracting. Most of the time all i can think about is ttc! Xxxx

They haven't taken blood for months..! I'm fine now I think maybe it was wind or something my stomach was making awful gurgling noises

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a while. Hope everyone is ok.

I had my final scan today. My lining is the same as it was last cycle :( they scanned me on Wednesday and delayed embryo transfer to double my progynova dose for a few days in the hope that my lining would get thicker... But it's the same as it was on Wednesday. No improvement at all.

Transfer is set for Monday. Our consultant keeps on about how we shouldn't focus so much on thickness because my lining is good quality blah blah blah... Doesn't make me feel any better. I feel like this cycle has failed already :(

Well, we're due to test on Wednesday but this evening Mrs Pinky started spotting a little. Brownish. Lovely. Not enough to show on a pad. Lovelier. We're both pretty upset. She's had so many symptoms, it feels a bit of a letdown. :(

Chimmi- how strange! They draw my blood on day2 and day10/11 as a minimum. Some ladies get tested every other day throughout stims! So strange how the techniques are so different everywhere isnt it!

Ostara- great to hear from you! I'm so sorry you're in the same position again :( i hope it improves before monday for you :hugs: xxxx

Hi pinky, you're not out yet, her spotting could be a sign of implantation bleeding. Have you home tested? Xxxx

Hi pinky, you're not out yet, her spotting could be a sign of implantation bleeding. Have you home tested? Xxxx

We were told it had to be the first pee of the day so, despite feeling like **** we've tried to hold off. Which is really hard considering the test is like two feet away at the moment.

Ostara -- keeping my fx for you!!!! hoping your lining has some improvement by Monday :hugs:

Well we went ahead with the test. BFN. We'll try again in a few days but we're not too hopeful.

I'm sorry pinky. After my first cycle, I realised that the progesterone mimics almost every pregnancy symptom. In my 3 cycles 2ww's i have experienced nausea, dizziness, random hunger spurts, frequent peeing, boob/nipple pain, the list goes on :(

will you go in the a blood test or does your clinic rely on home test only?

Did you get the call to say how many embryos made it to freeze? i know you were hoping for a few.

Please don't lose the first round feelings of 'hope' and 'positivity'. It's hard to pick yourself up after a BFN cycle.

When i went into clinic for my 2nd to last appointment and i had a cry with the nurse, she said it was obvious i needed a cry and a cuddle because she looked around the room and saw the sea of hopeful faces of the newbies and i was sat there, beaten down by 3 cycles in 1 year with no frozen embryos from any of my cycles. It's a hard journey :hugs: xxxx

Emz - congrats on being PUPO!! Get some rest and praying for your perfect blast to nestle in and make a good home.

Ostara - hope things improve for you by Monday. Will be thinking of you.

Pinky - don't lose hope yet. It could totally be implantation. Will be thinking of you and Mrs Pinky.

Chimmi - glad you are feeling better. This whole process does so many weird things to our body that we just have to take everything one day at a time and try to control what happens as much as possible.

Star - I feel you hun! It's all I think about all the time, and people keep telling me that it will all work out and that we need to focus on other things. I can't. I have tried and everything seems pointless in comparison.

Jungle - meant to say before, glad you have booked a trip for next summer. Hopefully it will give you something to look forward to and you and your partner can focus on each other before another round.

Beneath - how you doing lovely?

Madonna - how are you feeling? Hope you are getting some rest. Yes Dubai is a pretty cool place. It isn't for everyone but for us, for now, it's a new beginning.

xoxo

Thanks guys. Mrs Pinky is still bleeding brown with a bit of red (TMI, sorry!), although apparently most of it is when she wipes. Very little on a pad. But, anyway, we've decided to push the pregnancy test back to Thursday so as not to spoil our anniversary.

Pinkys -- Hang in there, hun!!! Pushing back hpt is a good idea. Try to enjoy your Anniversary. I know it's hard =(

Psalm -- I am doing okay. Not trying at all this month. I feel like I have accepted I will probably never be able to conceive naturally, which really sucks =( So much going on with Thankgiving and getting ready for Christmas and DH and I are having an ugly sweater party on Saturday, so lots going on to keep me occupied! Plus, my new RE appointment is MONDAY! Excited about that and hoping I get some hope back. Hope you are well <3

Well, anniversary day here and we're going to see the Coca-Cola truck! Mrs Pinky is now showing bleeding on her pad which isn't great. We're pretty much resigned to the fact that this round has failed.
Two embryos were frozen though. So I guess "it's the end, but the moment has been prepared for." Quote anyone? :)

And now she's stopped bleeding altogether. But her periods are never regular in duration anyway so we'll just roll with it.

Hiya,

Keri - Congrats on your :bfp: you must be so excited :happydance:

Chimmi - Good luck with your collection today hope it all goes well.

Jungle - My OTD is 12th Dec the same day as my works xmas party.

Pinky - You never know, fingers crossed that this isn't the end for you both sending :hugs:

AFM - Well i'm back to work today after having a few days rest, we got a call from the clinic yesterday to update us on whether we had any of the 4 left to freeze but sadly none of them were good enough. We are both rather gutted as we thought that we would at least get 1 or 2 to freeze but obviously it wasn't meant to be. Fingers crossed that the 1 blast they put back is getting all snugly x

Sorry about the bleeding pinkys but you havent reached thurs yet so do'nr give up on hope
Great news about the frosties!

Chimmi, hope all goes well today, thinking of you

Emz, thats a shame about the other embryos but I bet the little ones getting all snugly as we speak, will you wait for otd before testing?

Xx

Hey ladies,

Had our FET consultation yb'day. Having never had frosties before we were a bit in the dark, but now we're all clued up on the process. It sounds so simple compared to a fresh cycle; a baseline scan, tablets to keep my ovaries quiet, another scan or two around day 10-12, then introduce progesterone gels and transfer 5 days later. They said it's likely they will only thaw and transfer the 5ab embie, unless they notice a problem when defrosting. We've always needed to transfer 2 in fresh cycles so it feels like reduced odds but I keep reminding myself that it's because the embies are stronger this time. It'll leave us with 1x 4bb and 1x 4bc just in case.

Starting to feel quite excited now and yesterday reminded us that the cancelled transfer due to OHSS was in no way a failure and we are so appreciative that we've been blessed with frosties to enable a FET.
They've also agreed to another scratch beforehand as I wasn't able to benefit from the last one.

Really looking forward to getting reunited with one of my embies soon ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->