ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Starting to panic about EC...
I've been told I will have IV sedation (an antibiotic pessarie and a painkiller pessarie before hand)
I've never had anything like this done and am starting to get scared :/ will it hurt? What if the sedation doesn't work? Argh I hate this!!

Chimmi don't worry about it. Mines took longer than expected because they found a cysts and I "woke up" a couple times but I didn't feel a thing. When I said to the nurse I woke up she explained you are awake all the time but it's like your dreaming you want remember it all, but she was talking to me the whole time but I can't remember. Good luck you will be fine.

I just took another test because I was starting to doubt the first test could be a false positive because of the trigger shot. So today I tested 7 days after transferring a 5 day early blast and BFP. :happydance:
My husband doesn't believe it because our OTD is next Sunday. I just hope it's real.

I'm so pleased for you Keri! How many dpt would your otd be? Sure the trigger is out your system now? Xxx

Chimmi, dont worry, you really will be fine, I was worried but I had a tamazepam before I went down amd painkiller in a drip, when down there I had the sedation through the iv and a suppository painkily at the end, I was more awake than what I thought I would be but didnt feel anything, I thought I remembered most of ot but when I think back I actually cant even though was quite awake so you will be absolutely fine, theyre experts and wouldnt let you be in any pain xxx

Thanks girls feel a bit better now, nice to be reassured by people who have actually had it done!! Everyone else is like "you'll be fine don't worry" but how do they know?
Starting to feel uncomfortable and have to un-do my trousers when I can..! Hoping my follicles are nice and big for tomorrow..!

Congratulations keri that's so exciting and so happy for you!

Congratulations keri! :happydance: it sounds like this is it for you!!!

Chimmi- having to loosen your trousers is a great sign! I hope tomorrow brings good news :) xxxx

Oh that's good jungle..! (Or it could be all the chocolate I've eaten haha!) x

Chimmi, feeling uncomfortable for the last few days is a good sign, good luck to you! Try not to worry about ER, as Jungle said it is a means to get lots of eggs. Mine did hurt but I wasn't sedated or have a painkiller pessary and was wide awake through the whole thing. However, I put up with it ok as I knew it was necessary to get list of nice eggs. If you're being sedated you will be fine!

Keri, so exciting, good luck!

Afm, I am now officially PUPO with twins! Two 4 cell embryos (2 day) were transferred this morning. They weren't graded as such but the embryologist said one was excellent and one very good so I'm happy with that! We were pleased to get photos too! The transfer was really quick and easy and we treated ourselves to a Starbucks hot chocolate afterwards and now taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Congrats on being PUPO Madonna!! :happy dance: Get some rest and stick embies stick!!

Congrats Keri on the BFP!! So happy for you. :happy dance:

Star, Jungle, Beneath (and everyone else), how are you?? Thinking of you ladies.

AFM - I am at my new apartment with my husband (yay) in Dubai. Got our appointment with Bourn Hall Dubai on Saturday. Our Dr. in New York recommended Bourn Hall because they are the "inventors of IVF" in the UK and they have had a clinic here since 2012 with pretty good results, so praying this is a step forward in the right direction. xoxo

Excellent Psalm! I hope you'll be very happy together there :) My parents lived in Oman for 4 yrs in Muscat which was amazing. A good time to move when the weather isn't too hot. Good luck! Xxxx

I'm so pleased for you Keri! How many dpt would your otd be? Sure the trigger is out your system now? Xxx

Chimmi, dont worry, you really will be fine, I was worried but I had a tamazepam before I went down amd painkiller in a drip, when down there I had the sedation through the iv and a suppository painkily at the end, I was more awake than what I thought I would be but didnt feel anything, I thought I remembered most of ot but when I think back I actually cant even though was quite awake so you will be absolutely fine, theyre experts and wouldnt let you be in any pain xxx

Hey my OTD would be 14 days dpt.

Chimmi, feeling uncomfortable for the last few days is a good sign, good luck to you! Try not to worry about ER, as Jungle said it is a means to get lots of eggs. Mine did hurt but I wasn't sedated or have a painkiller pessary and was wide awake through the whole thing. However, I put up with it ok as I knew it was necessary to get list of nice eggs. If you're being sedated you will be fine!

Keri, so exciting, good luck!

Afm, I am now officially PUPO with twins! Two 4 cell embryos (2 day) were transferred this morning. They weren't graded as such but the embryologist said one was excellent and one very good so I'm happy with that! We were pleased to get photos too! The transfer was really quick and easy and we treated ourselves to a Starbucks hot chocolate afterwards and now taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Yay good luck x

Just got back from my scan (day 11 of stims) and they said egg collection will be Wednesday.
The scan wasn't painful but since I left the clinic 2.5 hours ago my stomach is so painful, it's bloated and so sore. We were meant to do some Xmas shopping after but I had to get hubby to drive me straight home to bed.
Is this normal? Is it coz my ovaries are full and the dildo cam was prodding? Or could it be ohss??
They said everything looks lovely and they didn't mention ohss or anything it was only since I left I've been uncomfortable. I'm supposed to do my ovitrelle injection tonight at 9pm
Should I phone them or wait? Argh :/
Now I'm lying flat on my back it's ok??? What the hell..?

Hi Chimmi

Try not to worry too much. I also found that the last scan hurt much more than usual and for the 2 days prior to ER I felt very uncomfortable. I was still able to work but spent the evenings on the sofa with a hot water bottle. I also felt it was better when lying on my back. If you are worried maybe ring the clinic just to check, it's better to get the reassurance from them I think.

Good news about ER on Wednesday though!

Psalm, yay for you finally being with your DH in your new home! My in laws have just come back from a holiday in Dubai and they keep talking about how amazing it was! Good luck with your first appointment too, it sounds like a good clinic with a good reputation.

Psalm, thats great news, hope you will be very happy and sounds like you have a fantastic clinic too!
Hope all goes well saturday

I'm ok thank you, just getting so impatient it's driving me insane, I'm CD27 today and not a sign of af, my nurse appointment will be on CD42 so I may as well wait for then to get provera as will save a trip, although just thinking as I type I might ring and see if I can bring my appointment forward a week so o can get the provera earlier as they prescribe it from day 35 and as I haven't got any signs now I'm unlikely to have af in a week's time, then I can do the scratch CD21 and start fet start of cycle after that

Is anyone else like me in the way that this is all you think about? I literally dont think about anything else amd feel like I need to get moving asap just to get my mind back on track!
Hope your all well xxx

Chimmi, it's normal to feel like that, especially so close to ec, after ec I felt more relieved so hopefully you will too, how exciting though your nearly there! Xx

Hiya, well I had my ET today & they put back 1 perfect grade AA 5 day blast. We are so pleased as we only got to 3 day last time.
I'm just at home relaxing now so fingers crossed this is our time.

Well done emz, sending positive vibes your way for a special Christmas bfp xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"