ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

So our follow up appointment was worse than expected...
Were told that hubby's sample that he produced on the day of egg collection last cycle was "the worst yet" and "hardly any aperm seen" in it.. But however they did fertilise 3 eggs from the 4 that injected..
Our next issue I was not expecting and that is that my eggs are "poor quality" :( :( :( doc doesn't know why, could be one off or could be that I was born with them like that. He said there's nothing we can do to improve the quality if that's the case..
So here we are waiting to start out "second last chance" as he put it. I don't have much hope. But I will not give up

I'm sorry you didn't get great news Hun!!! Hang in there. :hugs:

Good luck for 2015 ladies. I hope all our dreams come true on this roller coaster. Keep smiling and happy new year xx

Happy new year ladies!!!

Chimmi - sorry to hear your appointment didn't go that well but to get 3 eggs fertilised out of 4 is fantastic. Don't ever give up on your dream!! It might take us all longer to get there but we will get there! I believe that. We all have hope!

AFM - December deffo messed with my diet and I have gained a 4 lb. So today I have gone out and got my bootea which is a detox. Just wondering will this be ok to continue drinking through ivf?
If not I will use 14 days now and save 14 days for another time. So I am back on track and ready to exercise eat clean and healthy whilst waiting to start ivf.
So excited now.

How is everyone else?

Just wanted to wish all you ladies a very happy new year and a bfp to all still waiting for one!!!!

Were told that hubby's sample that he produced on the day of egg collection last cycle was "the worst yet" and "hardly any aperm seen" in it.. But however they did fertilise 3 eggs from the 4 that injected..
Our next issue I was not expecting and that is that my eggs are "poor quality" :( :( :( doc doesn't know why, could be one off or could be that I was born with them like that. He said there's nothing we can do to improve the quality if that's the case..
So here we are waiting to start out "second last chance" as he put it. I don't have much hope. But I will not give up

Chimmi - hun never give up! I don't believe that your eggs are such bad quality that you can't do anything to fix it. The author of the book "It Starts with the Egg" (Rebecca Fett) was told the same thing and then she set about finding out ways to improve her egg quality. By the time she had her IVF she had 20 eggs, of which 19 fertilized and she had a baby boy on her first go around with a surrogate. There are things you can do to improve your eggs and fulfill your dream of having a baby. Wishing you all the best in 2015 xoxo

Chimmi - hun never give up! I don't believe that your eggs are such bad quality that you can't do anything to fix it. The author of the book "It Starts with the Egg" (Rebecca Fett) was told the same thing and then she set about finding out ways to improve her egg quality. By the time she had her IVF she had 20 eggs, of which 19 fertilized and she had a baby boy on her first go around with a surrogate. There are things you can do to improve your eggs and fulfill your dream of having a baby. Wishing you all the best in 2015 xoxo

Thanks :) I'm not giving up, will see about getting that book, I am looking for things to try and improve the quality, so would love to read it!x

Chimmi - it's really easy to read and provides tons of practical advice for you and DH. Hope it works for you hun! :)

Chimmi, Sorry to hear didnt go as well as you would have liked but 3 out of 4 fertilised so focus on the fact it can happen and it will happen xx

Chimmi,
I also like the Marilyn Shannon book, "Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition". It's probably a little out of date with some of the advice since it was published in 2009, but I found it helpful. I take the Lifetime Prenatal Vitamins she recommended in that book.

Happy new year ladies!!!

Chimmi - sorry to hear your appointment didn't go that well but to get 3 eggs fertilised out of 4 is fantastic. Don't ever give up on your dream!! It might take us all longer to get there but we will get there! I believe that. We all have hope!

AFM - December deffo messed with my diet and I have gained a 4 lb. So today I have gone out and got my bootea which is a detox. Just wondering will this be ok to continue drinking through ivf?
If not I will use 14 days now and save 14 days for another time. So I am back on track and ready to exercise eat clean and healthy whilst waiting to start ivf.
So excited now.

How is everyone else?

Hi, I'm getting excited to start again now Christmas and new year is out the way
Spoke to nurse yesterday as having the scratch on 20th Jan amd was worried about not getting af for another month afterwards, she said to start taking the provera 5 days after the scratch, I normally get af 10 days after starting it so hopefully af will be here by 3rd Feb and I can start the medication for fet ready for transfer min Feb fingers ccrossed!

How is everyone else? Xxx

Happy new year ladies!!!

So excited now.

How is everyone else?

Hi, I'm getting excited to start again now Christmas and new year is out the way
Spoke to nurse yesterday as having the scratch on 20th Jan amd was worried about not getting af for another month afterwards, she said to start taking the provera 5 days after the scratch, I normally get af 10 days after starting it so hopefully af will be here by 3rd Feb and I can start the medication for fet ready for transfer min Feb fingers ccrossed!

How is everyone else? Xxx

Good luck Star. How many blasts are you transferring? We have two left and hoping they both thaw okay. Not starting until April though x

Just the one, it's nhs but we did tick the 1-2 box and see how the first one thaws out, hopefully ok, I'm appy to transfer just one though,just praying it works and for everyone else, I would love to have a little one for next Christmas xx

Just the one, it's nhs but we did tick the 1-2 box and see how the first one thaws out, hopefully ok, I'm appy to transfer just one though,just praying it works and for everyone else, I would love to have a little one for next Christmas xx

We have to do 2 as frozen together in one vial. Wishing you lots of luck xx

Thats exciting babydancing amd sound like you have an amazing holiday planned too, lots to look forward to in 2015 ! Xx

Hubby surprised me with the holiday on Christmas Eve as an early 30th birthday gift. I can't wait. x

Thats so lovely, what a great hubby u have! x

Just bumping this up to the first page.

Was thinking of you ladies and wondering what everyone is up to. Would love to hear some updates!! Hopefully happy ones.

AFM: I was about to start my cycle with my new RE last month and had a little setback with DH's blood work, but all is well so now just waiting for af to show next month!!

Hi Beneath,

I really hope all goes well for you on your next cycle.

AFM Well after getting our first BFP ever in Dec we went for our 7 week scan at the beginning of Jan & they couldn't see anything apart from an empty sack. After another 2 scans they have said that this pregnancy isn't viable so i am currently waiting to miscarry naturally.

I really wish i had a nicer story to share but obviously it still isn't our time x

Oh emz I'm so so sorry, sending big hugs to you, stay strong it will be your time soon xxx

Emz - I am so sorry to hear your upsetting news. Sending you hugs xxx

Beneath - hope time goes fast for you and good luck.

AFM I am on day 15 of injections. Ready for egg collection on Sunday. Should of been tomorrow but they are too busy so have lowered my dose of menopur to 70 for yesterday and today. I should trigger tonight. Nervous

Hope everyone ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->