Ideas for parents !!

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
Any good ideas for parents and in laws??

Want to get something they will appreciate

Thanks in advance

I always do my mum a calendar with pics of my daughter.

My mum has asked for new knitting needles, so I am clubbing together with my siblings for a really nice set, and my Dad needs a new computer mouse, so they are sorted. MIL always hijacks the kids' colouring, so thinking of getting her her own colouring book! FIL literally has at least one of everything (including a female replacement hip and a scale model of one of the terminals of Singapore airport!) so no clue for him! Hmm, come to think of it, Hayden is always pointing out the holes in his socks, so maybe we'll get him some new ones!
The calendar thing is a good idea - I have done them for both sets of parents before and they went down well. My Dad is a keen amateur photographer and one year I snuck in to their house and took copies of his photos from his computer and made those into a calendar - scenery and wildlife mostly, with seasonally appropriate pics on each month - which he absolutely loved. Tia Maria and Baileys always go down well with my Mum, and MIL likes Ferrero Rocher, so maybe favourite drinks or treats?

I usualy do calendars. This year I'm doing a canvas picture of the kids for my mum and OHS mum. And a family plaque with the names and dob of everyone in the family for my nan. OHS dad is getting his usual case of beer and I might throw in some heinze baby Biscoti time because OHS mum got some for DD and he took them to work and said they were amazing. Lol. And maybe some thermal socks and long John's because he works outside.

I made a photobook of them with the kids last year and it was really cheap about £15. then just alcohol etc. they really loved the book.

got mil a hamper with a 'grandmas kitchen' sign, mug with the kids, new purse, scratchcarda, chocs, wine, personalised luggage tags and a few other bits. she really liked that and has actually used the things rather than the years before when I seen bath sets etc in her bathroom never touched

Do you have any siblings you could arrange a joint gift with?
We are all putting in £50 so my parents will get £200 towards a cottage break. I've ordered several cottage brochures to put with the money & then we will all give them a smaller gift from the grandchildren maybe a restaurant/theatre voucher.

We are doing Kindles and whisky this year

Photo gifts of grandchildren
I've made my mum and MIL necklaces with the grandchildrens birth stones in.
If they collect anything then add to their collection

Thanks all

Sil always does calendars but might look into canvases

Any recommenfations

I am doing hampers this year, I bought the baskets from home bargains and I will put Christmassy foods and scented candles etc in there and maybe a pair of slippers each or something xmassy then just cellophane and ribbon it, it will be joint mum and dad ones, I figure I ususaly buy them something like a pair of pj's each which works out about £30 for two so I should be able to get some good bits with £30 for a hamper and make them personal to each taste

We usually just do liquor, chocolates, etc. for my in laws because DH's parents seem to have everything. Last year we got MIL a "memory bear", a teddy made out of DD's old baby clothes, which she absolutely loved.

My parents I usually get football stuff for my dad or a gift card for books and my mom usually gets something like candles, Willow Tree angel figures (she collects them) or DVDs.

I usually get the inlaws a voucher for M&S or next as they are easy to post.
For my mum its usually some nice smellies (molton brown, elemis, decleor or liz earle), a book, chocs and a nice jumper, scarf or bag. For my dd I usually buy him some smellies too or aftershave, a bottle of whisky, liquer chocs or marzipan fruits, slippers, socks etc.
I usually end up spending roughly £100 each x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->