Ideas of what to do with a newborn baby please

babybuffy84

Happy new mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi,

Im due in december and i live in a new area and am not really sure of what type of things to do with a newborn baby i would like to be able to get out and about and meet new people and also get out of the house.
I live in birkenhead so if anyone lives local or has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Thanks

xxx

You could have a look on the NCT (National Childbirth Trust) website for your area and see what they have in the way of mum and baby groups. In many areas they have groups you can start going to when you are 7months+ pregnant, so you get to know people before LO arrives. Not sure if you have to become a member though. You could try the netmums website as well and see if they have one for your area.

Also, your local children's centres should have details of the sort of activities available for mums and babies. You will probably find that when your Health Visitor comes to see you after LO arrives, she will have plenty of info about local parent and tot groups and so on.

Hope you find something.

Lx

We have childrens centres, they have lots of activities for Mum's and babys. Ours does swimming and a play session designed for jsut under 1's! So it's quite nice!

A lady came around with info of this for me before I had Lo, but HV also gave us details of it all when she came. So you should get loads of info :D

Have a look on the net for Surestart Centres, most people have one nearby.
Ring them up and ask them to send you some leaflets or pop in there to get some, I have 3 near me and they are all really friendly.
They have mum and baby sessions, baby yoga, baby massage, other classes etc, all free of charge where I go.
I met some new friends at baby massage when my baby was 6 weeks old and we still get together now he is 9 months old.

You might meet some nice people at antenatal class if you are going to one and could call round to each others houses when the babies arrive.

I take baby to swimbabes once a week which is good.

Me and some ladies from my estate started a ladies that lunch club - we just got talking in the street while walking with our prams, we were all in the same boat, had been working full time and didn't know other ladies with babies. We started eating out once a week and then we changed it to each others houses in turn, the host would make sandwiches and all the babies could have a play or sleep or be held by someone else to give you a rest while the mums had a good chat.

There is also a buggy fit class near me where you pay £1.50 and do exercises with your buggy in a park (maybe no good for winter but when spring comes around might be nice!), look on the net, there may be one near you.

Local libraries have baby and toddler sessions you can go to for free too.

I moved to a new area and didn't know anyone and all my old workmates were 25 miles away but many new mums are on the lookout for new friends so it's easy to get chatting.

Love Karen
x

oh thanks theres some great ideas there will get looking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->