If you could choose...

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
If you could choose what age you were/shall be when you had/have your first baby- what age would you choose? Have you always wanted a baby at that age, or has it changed? (and if so, why)

For those who already have children: with hindsight would you still have chosen the age you were when you had ur first? This doesnt mean "would you still have had the baby" but rather "if you could bump it up or down a few years, would you?"

Since i started wanting children (probably about 17 when i first started thinking about it) id planned to have children at 27. But over the past few years, ive started wishing to have children at 25- which isnt going to happen because i turn 26 in a few months and am still wtt!

I would have chosen about 26ish as im 28 in 3 weeks didnt really happen lolx

Ive wanted a baby seriously since the age of 19, but my fiance just wasnt ready and is only just about ready now at 29.

I just want to be a mummy and a family so much it hurts sometimes.
xx :cry:

Oooo Good question hun, I always said 22 for babies, because I was engaged and nearly married at 20, but the complete and utter jerk decided the night before the wedding he wasnt ready to leave his Mummy, Anyway good thing he did otherwise I wouldnt have found my lovely hubby :)
So I changed it to 24, and im 24 this August coming, I dont like odd numbers, bad stuff always seems to happen to me on odd numbered days!

I always wanted them fairy young and saw myself with 1 by the time I got to just past my mid tweties. Now we would like to have one by the time I am 28 so we'd best get our butts in gear!!!

x

I'd always wanted at least one before I was 28, however it didn't quite work out that way.

I met my now husband when I was 26 and wanted to get married first, so by the time we had saved for the wedding we didn't get married until Sept 2008 by which stage I was already 28.

My hubby would have tried for babies straight away as he's been ready for ages but it's taken me a few months to get my head around the pregnancy and birth thing and to feel brave enough to go ahead. We are now planning to start TTC in July this year so if by some miracle I got my BFP straight away I would be due around April 2010 and would be 29 nearly 30.

So all in all things didn't quite go to plan but things changed/happened and I didn't actually feel ready until now, so only a couple of years past my initial plan. Roll on July....!!!:happydance:

I don't think I ever had a set age/date in mind, but was waiting more for the 'right' circumstances...I would like to have had at least one baby by now (29) but I am sure everything happens for a reason. I wonder if I would have even been ready anytime before now...And I have always known that I wanted children so I have tried to lots of things like traveling keeping in mind I might now always have that much freedom (or money!).

Hmm, let me think about this. My parents were young parents and always thought I'd follow their footsteps. I got engaged to my high school sweetheart at 16 and moved in with him just before my 18th birthday and was on track to start a family at 21 ish. But, I realised a couple of months before my 19th birthday that I didn't want that life just yet and that I didn't really love him any more so I made the very hard decision to leave and start a new life. So everything went back to square one.

I decided after a couple of years to look into a degree and so put it back to some time in my 30's. But just as I started the interim course to get me back up to speed, I met DH and quickly realised that I wanted to be with him forever and that the degree was just something to 'fill the gap' if you like, and not actually the first choice for my life. So then I was back on track for mid twenties. However due to health I had to postpone, and now we're WTT til December. If it happened within the first 5 months I'll be 27 when the LO arrives.

Hehe, so lets look at this, 21, 30's, 24, now 27+ :flower:
Sorry for the essay - have a tendency to write a lot:dohh:

I allways said i dident want kids to young and have found my self 21 and would kill for a bfp but i will be 24 when we start ttc so hopefuly ill be 24/25 when i give birth so looks like im doing what i said id do.

I was happy with my age. I know others felt I was too young but it never really crossed my mind. When I was younger I always thought I'd like to be 25 ish. I always said I wanted to be in a stable relationship, both with good jobs and I wanted us to own our own home. I was never fussed about marriage as with my parents having 5 failed marriages between them I kinda lost my faith in that!
We had everything else on my little list though so although it happened 3 years before I had originally planned, I was thrilled!

actually this is quite interesting at 16 i had no aspiration on having kids and said if I d like them then at about 25years , and it looks like I could actually start at that age too .

I've always wanted children since i was quite young, at 16 i worked in a nursery with babies to children age 3 and it made me sooo broody! Although i was broody back then, I knew i felt too young so set myself the age of 24/25 in my head! I'm 22 now and i want to have my first child by nxt year as everything just feels "right!"
Great thread! x

When I was younger i had in my head that I would have children when I'm 27.. But I also said I would never date anyone over 6 yrs older than me (OH is 20 yrs older!! :rofl: ) Now I am sooo ready children... we have the perfect set up except OH not sure.

I spoke to two mediums last year. One of them said i would have my first child at 25 and then every 18 months after that (not sure when they stop! :rofl: ) And another medium said I wouldn't have them unitl I was 32!

As I am 25 in 2 months time I'm really hoping the first guy is right!!

xxx

I always wanted my first baby at 24 or 25, and my second at 27/28. I just turned 24 and we are going to start TTC in December. So it looks like I'm on track!

I probably thought I would in my late twenties (i'm 18 atm.. 19 in September) but considering how broody I am, I'd start tomorrow. Probably will be early/mid twenties unless we have an accident. OH is the one making me wait lol.

I had my first at 19 (just over 5 weeks ago) and although I only had him for a short amount of time I wouldnt have changed my age for the world. I dont think waiting or having him sooner would have been any different. Me and my OH have been together about 3 years 6 months and we felt so blessed to be parents to a gorgeous little man :) xxx

I've felt I would like to have my first when I'm 25 so imagined starting TTC when I'm 24, it may happen a few months before that now but TBH we are not totally st on the date we have picked at the minute as there are some other considerations we need to take account of first.

My main reason for wanting to be 25 is that DF will be 30 and I didn't want him older than that when we had our first LO.

I'll hopefully be a mummy by the time I'm 22 (starting trying when I'm 21) and want to be finished having kids by the time I'm 35 (DF will be pushing 40!). 22 seems a good age to start considering we're currently planning on 4 and aren't sure of age gaps yet!!! I could happily have a baby now, having said that, as I'm so broody it's painful sometimes.

Beca :wave:

i had maddi when i was 23, and tbh i would never change it, for me, it was the perfect age :D

I'm 27 and have just had my first and i love being this age with a baby. I've had enough time to do the uni/going out part of my life, am established in a good job. Hopefully want no2 in a couple of years so they both will be grown up by the time I'm 50- thats the dream anyway!

I have always wanted to have my first baby by the time I am 30, I turned 29 yesterday and we will be starting to try soon. If everything goes well I will reach my goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->