If you were induced

I was induced and thought labour was OK-ish, only had gas and air and pethadine. Didn't need an emergency C-section

My induction didn't go to section but it did end up a pretty nasty forceps delivery :(

I was induced due to pre eclamsia at 7pm and then by 11.15pm I was being rushed into emergency c section as babies heartrate was dropping drastically and I wasnt even in labour!
x

I was induced, had 22 hours of labour and ended up with an emergency section.

I was induced and had a lovely natural birth after 22 hours

Induction makes this less possible because they are artificially forcing you into labour. It isn't natural for your body, it has no time to get used to contractions, build up endorphines or find a way of coping. Everything is medically managed.

I was induced twice,and had an amazing experience both times.

First time i don't think it was necessary and if i continued with my pregnancy for another 2 weeks it wouldnt've made any difference to the baby,just me as i was so uncomfortable and was slowly dilating,but my consultant decided to break my waters that day.
Secod time i wa having twins,had pre-eclampsia,blood transfusions,one twin wasnt growing properly and they waited for as long as they could and decided to induce me 5 weeks early.
Both babies were healthy and had no problems,so i was soooo glad that i had them then,who knows what could've happened if they stayed in longer.

Both my labors were fairly quick,5 hrs with only 2-3hrs in real pain. I loved every minute of it,and used gas & air both times (with twins i had epidural incase of c-section but it didnt work at all!)
i had all 3 of them naturally,no c-sections and the pain wasnt that bad either,obv i cant compare it to natural progressions labor but i got through it fine :) no screaming and shouting lol

I put yes, this was with my first child. I went into labour after a sweep but 24 hours of contractions nothing so they did the whole drip thing 12 hours later i had an emergency c sec for failure to progress.

I was induced and 25 hours later was begging for them to just cut her out. I was stuck on oxygen throughout the entire thing and had to lay on my side because the babies heartrate kept dropping. It was horrible. :cry: But worth I'd do it 100 times more for Emma. :blush::cloud9:

induction creates more intense contractions so people tend to shout for an epidurial. they slow down contractions so they give you a drug to speed them up this often leads to baby distress and the e-c-sect. .

this is just what happened to us. i went into natural labour but lo was side on (causing back labour) and passed a LOT of meconium, so i was induced to 'speed things up' because of the risk to him. took hours to make things anyhwere near regular. I didn't 'shout for' an epidural, but was rather forcefully persuaded when midwives felt I was struggling with the pain (after about 24 hours). Worst decision ever ... it caused me to faint, then caused LO's heartrate to drop right down then shoot over 200, this carried on for about 10-15 minutes. at this point he was still side on and still not engaged and they were so concerned they whisked me in to theatre and got him out within 3 minutes, he was quite poorly then and spent over a week in SCBU recovering.

So although I really regret the way it happened and wish I hadn't had an induction, or the epidural, it was really because of his distress that any of it happened. I would never choose to have any of these things, and was dead against it before labour.

After reading everyone's experiences it sounds like it is common for the baby's heart rate to drop after being induced doesn't it? I hadn't been aware of that and found it really traumatic. Did anyone else have to have a metal clamp thing attached to baby's head to monitor their heart and blood samples taken by scraping baby's head with a metal thing? Daisy had loads of little cuts on her head when she was finally born as they had to scarpe her head 9 times.

I was induced and ended in an emergancy C-Section. Although I didn't need anything other than gas and air, I was in labour for 40 hours and was fully dilated, the little man had turned back to back and was essentially stuck! They tried forceps, but he was too high so they went for the top option! Having him pushed back up was gutting!

After reading everyone's experiences it sounds like it is common for the baby's heart rate to drop after being induced doesn't it? I hadn't been aware of that and found it really traumatic. Did anyone else have to have a metal clamp thing attached to baby's head to monitor their heart and blood samples taken by scraping baby's head with a metal thing? Daisy had loads of little cuts on her head when she was finally born as they had to scarpe her head 9 times.

Emma had it in her head for the heart. She kept wiggling and pulling it out so they'd have to put new ones on her. :dohh: It'd freak me out because suddenly there'd be no heartbeat on the monitor. She was born with several dots on her head from them being there. In fact I think they are still there. I can only tell because she has no hair even at nearing 6 months old. :rofl:

oh yes, i forgot, they did do that because they got annoyed that I kept moving about during contractions and the monitors round my belly kept slipping off :growlmad: - now he's got a scratch and a huge strawberry birthmark right on the top of his head. we're sure that they're related although all the medics say not ....

Im also another induced and had a horrific birth one..Jacobs HR also kept dropping and we too had the monitor on his head and it was about to end in a EMCS but i managed to push him out in 14mins but he still had to go SCBU afterwards..i was induced due to GD but if i knew what i knew now about inductions i think i would have held out a little longer..

I was lucky if u can call it that, i didnt hav the foetal heart monitor on her head due to us having low platelets,same with the blood gas scrapping from d head

I was induced and had a section.

Mine was pain free from the very start. I was induced due to severe Pre Eclampsia and HELLP and was told to have an epidural straight away so i wouldn't feel any pain and so my BP wouldn't rise anymore.

I had 2 sets of tablets inserted
My waters broke
and was on a drip for 30 hours and only dialated 1 cm.

I had an induction which took 4 days, pessaries didn't do much to start labor, though luckily my waters broke naturally as they were starting to mention 'failed induction and c-section'.

I chose to have the epidural before the drip started, which was just as well as the contractions came so hard and fast, the epi didn't work too well and had to have it topped up as was in a lot of pain. Fully dialated in 4hrs. My BP went up I had a temp and Chloe's heart rate kept dropping plus she got stuck so I had to go to theatre for forceps delivery/or section. 'Luckily' she arrived with forceps though she was badly bruised with cuts on her head and her eyelids, poor thing looked like she did rounds with Mike Tyson! I had an episiotomy (sp) not the nicest thing tbh but better than a c-section.

I was induced and after 3 days they broke my waters (without asking) The drip gave me contractions every minute for 1 hours, when I developed chest pains and wasn't dilating I was rushed to theatre.

I had an induction which took 4 days, pessaries didn't do much to start labor, though luckily my waters broke naturally as they were starting to mention 'failed induction and c-section'.

I chose to have the epidural before the drip started, which was just as well as the contractions came so hard and fast, the epi didn't work too well and had to have it topped up as was in a lot of pain. Fully dialated in 4hrs. My BP went up I had a temp and Chloe's heart rate kept dropping plus she got stuck so I had to go to theatre for forceps delivery/or section. 'Luckily' she arrived with forceps though she was badly bruised with cuts on her head and her eyelids, poor thing looked like she did rounds with Mike Tyson! I had an episiotomy (sp) not the nicest thing tbh but better than a c-section.

Blimey, that is virtually identical to what happened to me! Mine took 5 days and they had to break my waters but the epi, blood pressure, heart rate, baby getting stuck, forceps, badly bruised baby and very painful episiotomy all happened to me too.

I was induced 4 days early due to high blood pressure and a few other problems. I didnt have a c-section.
Alfie's HR dropped a few times and my contrations were absolutely horrendous but managed on gas n air (just about, the midwife took it off me though because it was making me to groggy so I had to do it without anything in the end.) overall it was an ok experience. I would prefere to wait and go into labour naturally next time though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->