If you were induced

babybaillie

Reaction score
Just interested to see how many of us that were induced ended in an emergency section. I had 2 normal deliveries, and this was the 3rd baby and the pain was horrendus compaired to normal deliveries and the more u speak to ppl i hear they ended up in sections too. So wonder why they induce so many ppl

I was induced and the pain was horrendous - i ended up with an emergency c sectiopn 21 hours after starting labour

I was induced after nearly 40 hours of labour and ended up with an emergency c-section due to Brandons heartbeat drastically dropping quite a few times!

Ive heard that the oxytocin drip can make babies sleepy! x x x

I was induced with Skyla due to GD, never been induced before but the pain was unbelievable. At least it was quick though 2 1/2 hours!!!

i seem to be the odd one out i was induced and had a lovely labour i actually enjoyed it lol

I only had pethidine and tht was more to help me sleep in between contractions.

I didn't have a c-section but the doctors were on the verge of doing one the whole time. My induction took 5 days until they could break my waters then I was in 'proper' labour for 16 hours, my labour was HORRENDOUS and so traumatic. Daisy's heart almost stopped more than once which I'm sure was caused by being given too much diamorphine and in the end I had a forceps delivery and ended up with loads of stitches inside and outside and Daisy being terribly swollen and bruised.

came across these interesting articles:
https://www.theunnecesarean.com/blo...ess-your-ticket-to-an-emergency-cesarean.html
https://nursingbirth.com/2009/07/08/“pit-to-distress”-a-disturbing-reality"/

doctors do not usually tell women about the risks:
https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/109908/what_you_should_know_risks_of_labor.html?cat=52

i know that most of you gals live in the UK so i don't know as much about it in your country, but this is a big problem in the US

(not saying that inducing is not necessary at times, i am studying to be a midwife)

came across these interesting articles:
https://www.theunnecesarean.com/blo...ess-your-ticket-to-an-emergency-cesarean.html
https://nursingbirth.com/2009/07/08/“pit-to-distress”-a-disturbing-reality"/

doctors do not usually tell women about the risks:
https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/109908/what_you_should_know_risks_of_labor.html?cat=52

i know that most of you gals live in the UK so i don't know as much about it in your country, but this is a big problem in the US

(not saying that inducing is not necessary at times, i am studying to be a midwife)

I was induced due to high bp but developed severe pre eclampsia 10 hours after the process started. I went on to have the waters broken and oxytocin drip for contractions. It was really painful despite an epidural and I was asked all the questions etc for an emergency c section if needed.

I was told by the midwifes afterwards that I was really lucky to have had a vaginal delivery but that was due to the pre eclampsia rather than actually being induced.

I was induced and didn't have a section.

If he hadn't of been born when he was it was going to be one, my BP rocketed to 180/120 and his heartbeat had dropped but as soon as they mentioned sections & epidurals I pushed harder than I ever thought possible and out he came.

It was my first baby so I can't comment how it compares pain wise.

I was induced with Faith,and had an em section - i was overdue at 42 wks, & started contracting 3 hrs after the 1st persary. The contractions started building slowly, but i found them 'copeable'& could breath through them until i was halfway thru & then i asked for gas & air, but then Faiths heartrate started dropping really low, & so they went for an em section.
With Christina,i went into natural labour,started contracting the same way i did with faith, but i found the contractions to be much more painful - they were not 'copeable' & the breathing wasnt helping like before, halfway thru & i felt out of control, & in agony -
& so for me, although i didnt go all the way, my induction experience was a much better experience, & was much better than i expected.

i was induced and almost ended up with a section but thankfully they were able to get him out with the forceps. he had the cord wrapped around him.

I was put on the drip. As I had been in labour 4 days and my hind waters had gone but I just wasnt dilating

The pain was 10x worse than the conractions I was having before but luckily I gave birth vaginally although they were close to using forceps
xx

I was induced and was on the verge of having a c-section due to madam turning (facing head down) but luckily she managed to turn back again so after an hour of pushing and getting hardly anywhere, they used the ventouse to get her out :) Didn't really feel much pain though after i had the morphine and epidural :haha: although before i had them it was painful!

My water broke before the inducing, I was induced 3 times, but only dilated 1 cm with no contractions at all. After 20 hrs they decided the CS.

I had an induction. Laboured (to fully dilated) for about 10 hours before they decided she wasn't coming out and took me for a section.
I have nothing to compare it with, but labour was extremely painful. I had an epidural which helped for a while, but then moved so was rendered useless. Loved the gas & air though. :)

induction creates more intense contractions so people tend to shout for an epidurial. they slow down contractions so they give you a drug to speed them up this often leads to baby distress and the e-c-sect.

personally i didnt have a section on either of my inductions but i did not have pain killers either.

Yes - induced because my water broke at 38+4 and I wasn't starting any contractions after over 12 hours waiting.

Had a c-section listed as failure to progress-

They did warn me the contractions would come strong and hard with the oxytocin, but I honestly thought labour would be worse (not that it wasn't really painful!) so I wanted to go a bit longer (and could have) than I did before my epi.

Baby was fine but I was catatonic and had a lot of pain from back labour, the OBGYN came in and did an internal and told me that my baby's head, after 2.5 hours of pushing, was not going to fit into my birth canal. She came out with marks on her scalp because she was stuck up there.

was induced with number 1, due to GD at 40+3
using petocin, 24 hours of labour , 2 and a bit hours of pushing
no c section but vacuum delivery
pain was awful but had epidural after 7 hours.

i was induced, was horribly painful & ended in c-section!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->