If you were induced

I was induced at 37 weeks due to obstetric cholestatsis. After 18hrs of mild contractions my waters broke and instantly it was totally unbearable! There was no build up, just WHAM!contractions were a minute apart and couldn't breathe/speak/move. I'm sure it is not meant to be like that when it's a natural labour.
I got an epidural straight away, and couldn't believe I was only 3cm! No way could I have carried on like that.

Anyway, after being on the drip for 9hrs and pushing for nearly 2, LOs heart rate dropped (as has happened to many of you), and they went for a ventouse delivery, with lots of stitches.

I hated the way it turned out, and will really try to hold out if I had the same health problems next time.

I was induced at 37 weeks due to obstetric cholestatsis. After 18hrs of mild contractions my waters broke and instantly it was totally unbearable! There was no build up, just WHAM!contractions were a minute apart and couldn't breathe/speak/move. I'm sure it is not meant to be like that when it's a natural labour.
I got an epidural straight away, and couldn't believe I was only 3cm! No way could I have carried on like that.

Anyway, after being on the drip for 9hrs and pushing for nearly 2, LOs heart rate dropped (as has happened to many of you), and they went for a ventouse delivery, with lots of stitches.

I hated the way it turned out, and will really try to hold out if I had the same health problems next time.

I was induced due to cholestasis too and am already so worried in case I get it again if I have another baby as I don't think I could handle another early induction.

Was induced at 39w 2d due to carrying a big baby, and having an itchy rash all over (although O.C was never confirmed) for over a week.

Went in at 8am, had my waters broken just after 10am, epidural at 2pm, 9cm dilated at 5pm, pushed my baby boy out at 6:14pm, with the placenta coming out shortly after.

Overall for me, it was a wonderful experience, even though I puked 3 times... AND I only needed 2 half stitches which was wonderful!

Link below if anyone would like a read ;)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-announcements-birth-stories/193549-birth-story-hayden-william-induced-labour-pics.html

wow... it seems like i might be one of the lucky ones ...
was induced at 39+4 due to suspected pre eclampsia, pessery cap inserted at 12pm Thursday. Contractions started about 8pm that night, waters went naturally at 9pm, at 11pm I was 2cms, by 3am I was 6cms and my son was born with no assistance at 5:10am Friday morning, using only gas/air and water as pain relief my body pretty much took over and did what it was supposed to...

Perhaps he was ready to come out without the induction? :shrug:

my induction was hideous, it didnt end in c-sec but I had to have assisted delievry cause the pain was to unbearable to even push! x

I was induced due to cholestasis too and am already so worried in case I get it again if I have another baby as I don't think I could handle another early induction.

I was also induced due to cholestasis. You may find this helpful in making decisions next time, hun:

https://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/uploaded-files/GT43ObstetricCholestasis2006.pdf

They threatened to cut me if I didn't get her out on the next contraction but never any talk of a section. :hugs:

I wasn't officially induced but i was put on the drip as my labour wasn't progressing enough. That got me to 10cm but then Imi was distressed so i had a section x

I was induced and didn't have a section - came really close though.

I was induced at 37 weeks because of high bp. Cervadil inserted for 12 hrs then pitocin drip started. 5? hrs later they broke my water, then 2 1/2 hrs after that had an epi. at that point was still a 4 - 2 hrs later was ready to push & 3 contractions later she was here. Overall good experience w/ induction.

i wsa induced with prostgladin gel. 8 hours later he was out with an hour and half labour. first baby.

they started induction 39+4 with tablets already 2-3cms before tablets contracting but stopped by night 2nd day still 2-3cm tablets again twice this time...contracting but stopped by night. 3rd day was considering letting me go home for the day but decided they MIGHT be able to break my waters...owie took 2 different doctors to find and pop them! contracting bit stronger, put on drip 2 hrs later...put tens on...started on G&A at night...pethadine to help me sleep....4th day had epi and was 8cm 4 had EMCS couple of hrs later as not progressing...in theatre for 4 hrs, hemmoraged.

this could have been avoided if they had done growth scans during pregnancy but hey what can u do! she was just too big! lol
oh i was induced for pre-eclampsia...and didnt have G-D... weird lol

Chloe arrived on her due date tho! am very jelous of first alien and her labour!!

I couldn't vote because I had 2 different experiences. With my 2nd I was induced a week early, just with pitocin. He ended in an emergency csection. With my 3rd I was induced the day before my due date, with just cervadil, it stays in for 12hrs to ripen the cervix. Right at the 12hr mark I started having contractions, which was right at midnight (now day of my due date) and less than 6hrs later he was born after about 1hr and 45min of active labor. IF I were to be induced again I would request starting with cervadil to prepare my body more, it eased into it more like it would with natural labor. I think going from nothing to contractions caused by pitocin is what made my 2nd baby not be able to handle the labor which lead to an unneccessary section.

I ended up having a section but it was because my induction failed

I went into labour naturally at 38 weeks but ended up having my labour 'augmented' (i.e. induced! :dohh: ) as my waters broke before contractions started and i was GBS postive during the pregnancy and the team at the hospital i think basically wanted baby out asap to reduce the risk of infection.

I was disappointed, as i had been so excited to go into labour by myself and not need the (incredibly painful) induction- or so i thought.

I didn't end up with a section though, i gave birth naturally approx 20 hours after my waters broke, but his heart-rate was very variable throughout, particularly during the big contractions when it would dip very low, and although i'd hoped to avoid having one, i did need an epidural as everytime the drip was increased the contractions became more and more unbearable :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->