If your nap time had phases what woudl they be?

F0xybabe

Reaction score
Now bare with me! Might sound confusing at first, but what are the phases you go through during nap time? For example mine are:

The second I finally get lo down I have a huge sigh of relief!! Then I have the phase where I'm not sure what to do with my free time.. then I have the phase where I "unwind" by listening to music or having coffee.. then I have the phase of "She's gonna wake up soon" so I dont start any new projects.. and then I have the phase where I miss her so I wanna check on her.. and after that phase it's been long enough that I'm pretty sure she's died and I usually end up going to see if she's okay.. and when I see that she is indeed okay, I usualyl lie down on the couch.. and thats abotu when she wakes up :haha:

I was wondering if others had this progression of nap time. Or what kind of phases you go through (or really just what you do during nap time at all!)

Once LO is settled, which can take a while, I run round like a headless chicken trying to get everything done! As he only sleeps for maximum 40 mins, usually 20!

Sigh of relief... Quick, eat! Make food, get halfway though.... Oh shit he's up.

I have a cat napper.

Ummm Hudson is still only 11 days old so my phase consists of watching him breathe and analysing every single breath for a wheeze or something... Then after ages ill grab the movement monitor and shove it in my pocket and rush around trying to do some cleaning... Then freaking out coz I haven't heard him in 2 hours then checking him then walking away and then he wakes up lol

she only naps when im on the go or on the pillow on my lap. so in the pram or ergo and I have to keep moving. if shes napping on the nursing pillow and looks to be in a deep sleep ill pull my arm out from under her and pull up BandB or my email on the wiiU control pad. otherwise I just sit there til she wakes, ask H to put on a tv show.

I normally do the washing up and put the washing out that i put in the machine earler! Then if we're going out after nap time then i get myself ready and the nappy bag then go on bnb and facebook and maybe eat lunch!

Ummm Hudson is still only 11 days old so my phase consists of watching him breathe and analysing every single breath for a wheeze or something... Then after ages ill grab the movement monitor and shove it in my pocket and rush around trying to do some cleaning... Then freaking out coz I haven't heard him in 2 hours then checking him then walking away and then he wakes up lol

I am exactly the same, Flynn is only 17 days old so he goes down to sleep I try & get a bit of housework done, check on him to make sure he is breathing shower, eat, check on him to make sure he is breathing, lie down to try & get a bit of sleep myself & then he wakes up!

ps - is nice to see a familiar face from the 3rd tri forum :)

I already have all the house work done while James is awake, it's madness but I like it all to be done so when he naps I can close my eyes for a while too!

I am exactly the same, Flynn is only 17 days old so he goes down to sleep I try & get a bit of housework done, check on him to make sure he is breathing shower, eat, check on him to make sure he is breathing, lie down to try & get a bit of sleep myself & then he wakes up!

ps - is nice to see a familiar face from the 3rd tri forum :)

You too Hun... Great to see the progression :)
Hope Flynn is going well :)

Now bare with me! Might sound confusing at first, but what are the phases you go through during nap time? For example mine are:

The second I finally get lo down I have a huge sigh of relief!! Then I have the phase where I'm not sure what to do with my free time.. then I have the phase where I "unwind" by listening to music or having coffee.. then I have the phase of "She's gonna wake up soon" so I dont start any new projects.. and then I have the phase where I miss her so I wanna check on her.. and after that phase it's been long enough that I'm pretty sure she's died and I usually end up going to see if she's okay.. and when I see that she is indeed okay, I usualyl lie down on the couch.. and thats abotu when she wakes up :haha:

I was wondering if others had this progression of nap time. Or what kind of phases you go through (or really just what you do during nap time at all!)

I have a very similar progression but I have a cat napper so it happens all in half an hour lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->