• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

Smoking marijuana or cigarettes in front of children, or in the same home as them IMO is terribly wrong, dangerous and neglectful. It bothers me when I see the pictures too, and there are a few on my FB that you can tell have... one deals with SS all the time and still has her kids :nope:
Going outside once kids are in bed and smoking a joint IMO for the most part, harmless. My husband will go outside and smoke his joint and that is that. He works VERY hard to provide for his family, and is a great daddy and step-daddy. It depends on the entire situation, not just the substances used. Not everyone is the same. The marijuana isn't kept in our home or around the children at all, and it is NEVER smoked near them.

IMO you are going to have your responsible marijuana smokers and you are going to have your irresponsible marijuana smokers, just like in everything really there are bad and good.

IMO you are going to have your responsible marijuana smokers and you are going to have your irresponsible marijuana smokers, just like in everything really there are bad and good.

Yup - there are people who will take anything OTT, there will always be people like that... it's a shame that responsible smokers are automatically tarred with the same brush.

xx

Yup - there are people who will take anything OTT, there will always be people like that... it's a shame that responsible smokers are automatically tarred with the same brush.

xx

:thumbup:

xx

:thumbup: I agree.

I dont understand how you can claim to break the law responsibly?

Sure you break the law or don't?

You can drink responsibly, because it is legal. But surely you cannot be responsible when you are committing a crime?

I do get where you are coming from, in terms of drinking/smoking weed and still being in control etc. It isnt legal though, so you are committing a crime and funding criminality.

Well the same can be said for jay walking, that is illegal but people do it all the time and don't get themselves ran over or cause an accident. Also it is legal in some places .. like here in Australia in the state SA it is legal. Just so you know i'm not bias either as i am not a smoker lol i can't even smoke a cigarette. In fact i don't even drink much either like maybe 3-4 times a year.

Did I miss someone saying you can break the law responsibly? Lol.

I thought this thread was about smoking it around children.

3+ of the posts on this page are people saying they can smoke weed responsibly. Therefore break the law responsibly. As weed is illegal.
You are acting criminally and funding criminality by smoking weed. I dont think that is a responsible action of a parent or acting responsibly.

As for Jaywalking, we dont have that in this country, although most people hit in car collision are less than 50 yards from a official crossing.

But its not about the legality of smoking. :shrug: I think the point people are trying to make is that most people who smoke weed are responsible adults i.e have good jobs, support their family, work hard for their family. Just because they smoke weed doesnt make them irresponsible in all forms of their life.

The only place Jaywalking is illegal in UK is on a motorway and lets face it you gotta be brave and mental to wanna step out onto a motorway :rofl:

Well the same can be said for jay walking, that is illegal but people do it all the time and don't get themselves ran over or cause an accident. Also it is legal in some places .. like here in Australia in the state SA it is legal. Just so you know i'm not bias either as i am not a smoker lol i can't even smoke a cigarette. In fact i don't even drink much either like maybe 3-4 times a year.

I didnt know jay walking was legal here is SA, hah well that explains why i never got fined for doing it :haha:

3+ of the posts on this page are people saying they can smoke weed responsibly. Therefore break the law responsibly. As weed is illegal.
You are acting criminally and funding criminality by smoking weed. I dont think that is a responsible action of a parent or acting responsibly.

As for Jaywalking, we dont have that in this country, although most people hit in car collision are less than 50 yards from a official crossing.

Look i'm not trying to argue with you , trust me i am def someone who does not believe in people smoking around kids at all , i'm just saying that there are decent parents that smoke pot who don't smoke it around their children and in fact unless they told people they smoked people probably would never even suspect it. I respect your opinion too.

It is the debate section after all. We don't argue in here, we just disagree.

Think i might make another thread regarding the subject of breaking the law :D

lol might as well , there is just about everything else up for debate on the forums :haha:

It is the debate section but we dont really wanna run off track. Might be best to do a thread regarding that and then people can reply to it.

I once saw an episode of the Tyra Banks show where she did a special on "Marijuana Moms", or mothers who smoke weed while they take care of their kids throughout the day. Everyone should really check it out. There was a mom on there who would drive her kids to school while she was high on this drug. It honestly really disturbs me. It doesn't matter if you can "smoke responsibly". If you do smoke , don't do it around your kids. What kind of example are you setting for them? Would you want them to smoke as well?

I have never tried drugs nor has my husband, but then there are lots of thing we dont do.

I dont agree with taking any forms of illegal drugs, mostly due to the way its funded, its not so much the drug or nature of it as the fact anyone buying drugs is funding crime and criminal activties. I know many conditions find some forms of drugs really benefical to their conditions and have no issue with that becoming perscription, its more the fact of drug dealing etc.

I dont think anyone of the person using them, everyone has agency to choose what they do for themselves, I can personally find better ways to relax or enjoy myself without drugging up my system in any way, including alcohol, but its not that i have the issue with its the buying of the drug. i mean, even the most respectable social cannibus smoker must have a dealer, thats where it starts to feel wrong to me.

Thats the thing there are ways of containing drug dealing and criminality, it works in Amsterdam, the government could make it legal and do what Amsterdam does. Weed is not on a scale like heroin and cocaine, yes its addictive but then so is alcohol and fags but the government make money from that.

yes, well if it were legal then i obviously have no issue, as i say its just the pruchasing of it that i feel is wrong rather than the use of it. Even though i would never tough it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->