• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

Not everyone who smokes it buys it. It's an easily grown plant...

My views on this debate are kind of complicated.

First, I think it's really irresponsible to smoke around a baby or child. It's bound to make the child confused when they come in contact with DARE programs and the like later in life. So, that should really be avoided at all costs.

I don't think that smoking makes you a bad parent at all. In my experience, alcohol has had much more of detrimental effect on my family than smoking ever has. The fact that alcohol is legal does little to alleviate the damage it did in my childhood.

The reason I don't smoke isn't because I think it will make me a bad parent but because it's illegal. By this, I mean if I were to get caught later on, getting/keeping a good job will be a lot more difficult. I want to be able to provide for her the best that I can. It's something I can do without, so that's my personal choice in the matter.

Down my mums road there was a bloke who grew it in his living room, he blocked off half the room :rofl: He only got caught cos a light set fire to a curtain and burnt the place down! Other than that you would never of know that he was there and what he was doing.

Growing it yourself theres the risk of fire (as above) and also people breaking in to try and steal it (there have been many home invasions here linked to homeowners growing cannabis) But i guess it also depends how u grow it and how much u grow

I wouldnt take those risks with a child in the house personally.

The house I am talking about was private rented too! Apparently the landlord never came because they always paid the rent on time! No children in this house thankfully.

I bet his electric bill was mahoosive.

There were people growing in my apartment building (you could smell it) and the police thought it was us!

People shouldn't smoke around their kids of course but I think being open about it with your children once they are old enough to understand is important. I wouldn't mind Maria smoking (well I would mind smoking, vapourising is so much healthier) as long as she fully understands the risks/benefits. I don't like it myself, doesn't suit me, but I think it should be legal.

There were people growing in my apartment building (you could smell it) and the police thought it was us!

People shouldn't smoke around their kids of course but I think being open about it with your children once they are old enough to understand is important. I wouldn't mind Maria smoking (well I would mind smoking, vapourising is so much healthier) as long as she fully understands the risks/benefits. I don't like it myself, doesn't suit me, but I think it should be legal.

Sorry to go OT a little, but what is vapourising? I'm interested to know :)

I hear really good things about the vaporizer! No where near as strong smelling either!

why people post pictures of them smoking weed and rolling joints around their kids on facebook?!

also why they even smoke that stuff AROUND their kids belongings and toys.
it really angers me. even normal smoking. why do it!!!

when i smoked i ALWAYS went outside, no matter what.

i won't let anyone smoke in the house, or around anything of jakes. or jake for that matter!

am i being stupid or is this sensible?! i just don't get it.

what also gets on my wick "just smoking a BIG FAT one as put the kids to bed"
well they are just immature tw*ts imo, like morri said dont waste your thoughts on them, the morons that make up this country :growlmad:

Sorry to go OT a little, but what is vapourising? I'm interested to know :)

its where you heat it to a specific temperature using a heat gun so it doesn't actually burn and give out carcinogens and other nasty stuff but just the good stuff comes out as steam into a bag or other container, then you just breathe it in like steam inhaling

i don't agree with it. my OH has smoked and dealt (caught, charged and sentenced) since his teens. he quit altogether but recently has started again (smoking, not dealing). i won't allow the stuff in my house so he doesn't smoke here either. i wouldn't do anything that could bring the police to my door while the kids were in the house, it's irresponsible imo.

might i add this is from someone who has smoked and dabbled in other drugs in the past but i feel when you become a parent, it's time to stop.

Do you drink coffee, eat chocolate, drink alcohol, take paracetamol? All of them are drugs, personally I'd rather trust nature over a bunch of manmade chemicals, which often have far worse side effects.

If here in England 'drugs' were to be re-classified tomorrow the alcohol would be class A

Smoking tobacco isn't a good idea with kids around and people are going to see smoking cannabis as terrible, but in some cultures it's encouraged. Jamaican mothers have smoked it for centuries and also it has been used for years to treat hyperemesis, or just sickness in Chinese culture amongst others.

There hasn't been too many impartial studies into the effects of cannabis on babies/kids but that's because it is illegal. However some studies show that it can have positive effects and actually one of the active ingredients in cannabis, responsible for giving people the munchies, is also found naturally in breast milk.

It's very easy to judge when you don't have all the facts but I think if it bothers you that much you should do your own research before jumping to conclusions, really you should concentrate on your own kids because I bet your not perfect either....

Do you drink coffee, eat chocolate, drink alcohol, take paracetamol? All of them are drugs, personally I'd rather trust nature over a bunch of manmade chemicals, which often have far worse side effects.

If here in England 'drugs' were to be re-classified tomorrow the alcohol would be class A

Smoking tobacco isn't a good idea with kids around and people are going to see smoking cannabis as terrible, but in some cultures it's encouraged. Jamaican mothers have smoked it for centuries and also it has been used for years to treat hyperemesis, or just sickness in Chinese culture amongst others.

There hasn't been too many impartial studies into the effects of cannabis on babies/kids but that's because it is illegal. However some studies show that it can have positive effects and actually one of the active ingredients in cannabis, responsible for giving people the munchies, is also found naturally in breast milk.

It's very easy to judge when you don't have all the facts but I think if it bothers you that much you should do your own research before jumping to conclusions, really you should concentrate on your own kids because I bet your not perfect either....

Do you have any links to those studies? That sounds very interesting.

My OH's family all smoke pot in the same room as a newborn child and basically blow it in her face, she is very underweight and coughing etc. Their other 2 kids all have lung problems and multiple health issues because they had the same thing happen to them. I know multiple people who have miscarried because of them or their partners smoking pot, and once they have stopped they are able to conceive normally. This is actually what happened to me and other people I know as well. I think its okay to have a little bit AWAY from your kids where they can't see it or smoke it but only if you can afford it as the people I mentioned above can't even afford food or clothes for their children yet spend $300+ a week on pot. They also tell there kids that its okay to do it so in that way it is wrong. But I know other people who do it discreetly and away from their kids and I think that is okay.

Do you have any links to those studies? That sounds very interesting.

I can get the link for that! Seen it myself, won't be tonight thou as i am knackered after reading all of this thread

Has made me giggle immensely as some people have no idea

My OH's family all smoke pot in the same room as a newborn child and basically blow it in her face, she is very underweight and coughing etc. Their other 2 kids all have lung problems and multiple health issues because they had the same thing happen to them. I know multiple people who have miscarried because of them or their partners smoking pot, and once they have stopped they are able to conceive normally. This is actually what happened to me and other people I know as well. I think its okay to have a little bit AWAY from your kids where they can't see it or smoke it but only if you can afford it as the people I mentioned above can't even afford food or clothes for their children yet spend $300+ a week on pot. They also tell there kids that its okay to do it so in that way it is wrong. But I know other people who do it discreetly and away from their kids and I think that is okay.

Do you know that for a fact then? Like medical testing, this posts seems way too exaggerated to me. Sorry.

i have also seen a number of links between THC and breastmilk!

a few quick links courtesy of google.. for what they are worth!
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299904007423

https://www.vitaminmagi.com/2009/08/15/cure-for-cancer-part-4-your-cannabinoid-system/

https://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/2009/02/mothers_druggin.html

https://www.thc-ministry.net/cannabisinfo.htm

https://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/medical_marijuana_review.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-trial-shows-benefits-of-cannabis-734836.html

i dont think anyone would think thats its ok to smoke ANYTHING in the same room as a newborn, or any child, infact, i dont even like to smoke around others who dont smoke! however, i think your correlation between miscarriage and smoking marijuana is grossly misinformed, and id be curious to see any evidence that supports your theory! smoking maybe, but specifically marijuana, im pretty sure you would struggle to find any credible association between the two.

There is actually evidence supporting that. Saying that marijuana severly effects sperm and its ability to function :thumbup:

yes, this is very different to causing repeated miscarriage tho!

Everyones different, going off what I heard, no need to get so defensive over it really now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->