• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

I haven't seen anyone slating you cos you don't smoke drugs the only thing I've read is people pulling your rude and out of order comment at the start about if you smoke weed your a bad parent I know plenty of people who do and they all have well paying jobs and are amazing parents with well behaved kids. You must have know mKjng the comment you did that not everyone would agree with you

I have clarified that statement SO many times....please go back and see.

I dont do drugs either :shrug: its not my thing, but I refuse to sit here and read someone try to lace my OH like he is some piece of shit because he doesnt fit into your perfect world. He is hard working and a good parent, I wont have anyone including you try to make out like because he smokes weed he is a bad person/parent.

When did I do that? :shrug:
I don't have a perfect world, I just have my views which I have stated. I have never said they're the right views but they are MY views. I gave examples of my experience with the people I knew who took drugs that's all.

I'm sorry if I can't agree that cannabis is ok. I don't think it is.

What makes you think that I think its ok??? He doesnt smoke it in my house, nor in my car, he doesnt keep his grinder, rizla, roach papers or anything here. I dont like it and I never have, my brother has smoked it for years and years and I have always had a problem with the stuff but he is my OH and he is my childrens father, your posts make it seem like you put everyone into one pot and cook them alive. I have never seen someone sell toys to buy weed.

plus sinse dan lost his job he hasnt brought weed at all,because we cant afford to go and spend money on that us like we cant alcohol the only one thing we do is smoke one pouch of tobbaco between us a week,before anyone slates us for that hes currently doinf 2 months of unpaid work just so he feels like hes contributing to society and i work 1 day a week for a pregnancy care service.

The pawning toys comment is just ridiculous and generalizing,i dont know one person who would do that!

I have continuously stated I am going from my own experience with people who have smoked it - perhaps it has only been extreme addicts that i have known.
I have never met anyone educated and a skilled worker who has smoked it but then I'm quite a bit older than most on here and probably most friends have just grown out of it?

I have continuously stated I am going from my own experience with people who have smoked it - perhaps it has only been extreme addicts that i have known.
I have never met anyone educated and a skilled worker who has smoked it but then I'm quite a bit older than most on here and probably most friends have just grown out of it?

:dohh: another offensive comment,

as i said dans parents are in there late forties and "havnt grown out of it"

It doesnt make you immature/childish.

Well my brother is 29, must still be a child cos he smokes weed.

Lol my OH is skilled, he is a BT engineer, thats skilled :haha:

Well I obviously can't say anything right!

I have never deliberately tried to offend anyone but tbh I am getting a bit sick of being made to be the "bad person" here! At the end of the day I don't see why I should have to justify myself because of my views which abide within the law.

Because you still write posts which feel like they are taking yet another dig at people we love.

I'm not being slated for not doing drugs but because I admit I'm anti-drugs. Not sure why that is such a bad thing?

Because you still write posts which feel like they are taking yet another dig at people we love.

I don't know you and I don't know the people you love so I can't comment on them.
I have continuously stated I am relating to my experience with people I know and how they have behaved while taking cannabis.
I think I've stated the above point a few times now too.

I'm not being slated for not doing drugs but because I admit I'm anti-drugs. Not sure why that is such a bad thing?

I dont like drugs and I have never said on here that I do like drugs, I think its awful that my OH smokes it and if I could I would stop him all together but he does.

We havent even slated you at all just you cant see your posts can be offensive.

LOL. Oh my God. Now I'm an undereducated child and so is my OH. Good to know :thumbup: Didn't know that until you told me because I must be that stupid.

Sorry. That was really offensive. I'm actually laughing out loud now. You must know some idiots, and I'm not saying you don't, but don't generalize EVERYONE who smokes.

Erm I think calling me a liar because I said I knew somebody had pawned their childs stuff is slating me.
I haven't called anybody names or called them a liar, just keep stating I have experience of a certain type of person who smokes cannabis and I don't agree with things they did.

LOL. Oh my God. Now I'm an undereducated child and so is my OH. Good to know :thumbup: Didn't know that until you told me because I must be that stupid.

Sorry. That was really offensive. I'm actually laughing out loud now. You must know some idiots, and I'm not saying you don't, but don't generalize EVERYONE who smokes.

Actually YOU are offensive. Read the post properly or you will come across as actually being uneducated. I do keep stating it's about people I know or knew.

Although saying that I wouldn't be nominating anyone who smokes weed for parent of the year either. I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents ,I just don't think choosing to have anything in your body that messes with your head is great parenting.

I think this is one of the posts that is quite offending to people.

I personally do not have children but we are TTC, my OH enjoys a spliff every Friday when his friends come round and they will stand in the back garden. I know that he would make a fantastic parent and would do anything for them, I know they would be his main priority. So I find you slightly insulting not just on my behalf but all the other ladies when you have basically said all people who smoke weed are not great parents although they may "think" it.

My OH is a bright and intelligent man who works hard in his job and also is currently doing his teaching qualification in university so to say people who smoke weed are under educated etc is wrong. He's a grown man (36) he makes his own choices and it is slightly insulting for someone to stereotype him because he smokes a joint.

It's like calling me an alcoholic because I like a little tipple. :dohh:

As long as the user is not smoking around the children nor letting them see it happening then I don't personally see what the big deal is?

I'm still trying to work out how I was offensive. I read the comment properly, I'm not undereducated enough not to be able to read either.... what she said was that she's never known anyone educated or skilled who smokes, so I was correcting her :shrug:

And yes, the statement that we are not good parents rankled as well, but not as much as the fact we are apparently not so bright lol. I know I'm a good parent, but I don't like having my intelligence brought into question by someone making blanket statements either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->