• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

I'm still trying to work out how I was offensive. I read the comment properly, I'm not undereducated enough not to be able to read either.... what she said was that she's never known anyone educated or skilled who smokes, so I was correcting her :shrug:
And yes, the statement that we are not good parents rankled as well, but not as much as the fact we are apparently not so bright lol. I know I'm a good parent, but I don't like having my intelligence brought into question by someone making blanket statements either.

And once again I have to repeat something which was written clearly the first time. If this is what weed smoking does to a person I'm so glad I don't do it :dohh:
I stated I only knew weed smokers who were uneducated and unskilled unlike people on here or people they know who smoke weed and are highly educated.

It's so reassuring to know my children's welfare is in the hands of teachers who smoke weed though.

Oh dear. And that isn't offensive either? You have to repeat yourself to me because I smoke weed and therefore must have a lower capacity to comprehend things than you? Lol. I get you aren't trying to be offensive, but you really are. You may not know people who smoke weed and aren't uneducated/whatever, but the reality is... lots of people smoke. You wouldn't be able to pick a smoker from a non-smoker on the street. So I'm sure that you probably do know, or know of, people that smoke, who don't publicise the fact. That said, there are people who do it irresponsibly, but they are a minority. They are out there, granted. Same as people who blow their pay on booze/cigarettes/blah blah, but there are responsible drinkers and smokers, who are the majority and don't behave stupidly with their finances/let it interfere with their parenting/everyday life.

As for teachers smoking weed... so what? If they're not doing it on the job, is their personal life any of your business?

I can see you are very anti-drugs. That is your right. However, there are ways to put across views without being offensive, and you truly don't seem to see that some of your statements HAVE been worded quite offensively.

This thread is silly. All the fighting is totally unnecessary. OP has her opinions, it may be rude and offensive to some but unfortunately you'll come across people with extreme views in all walks of life. Embo, your posts are being construed as offensive because of "personal experience" or what you may have heard has undoubtedly affected your view of all people who smoke weed. I understand where you're coming from but I don't think it's okay to tar everyone with the same brush. I also don't know anyone that needs weed so bad they'd pawn their kids toys off as it's not actually an addictive substance..

As with anything; cigarettes, alcohol and other narcotics I think we can all agree that excessive use which impairs your ability to parent or using these harmful things around your child is wrong. I have to agree with other posters, personally, I don't see the big deal over having a joint or two when your kids are in bed and you're winding down. They aren't seeing it, smelling it or breathing it in and it isn't stifling your ability to care for your child. I think a lot of the stigma attached to it is that it's illegal, that's a whole other thread though :shrug: I'd feel a lot less able to react to an emergency if I'd had two or three glasses of wine before bed than a spliff.

Anyway back to the original post, I do think it's absolutely wrong for anyone to be using drugs around their child and taking pictures of it is immature and wrong and perhaps does make you not much of a great parent. I smoke cigarettes, nasty habit I know, but it's how I wind down and keep my head. I don't smoke it around my baby and I'd never expose her to it, if that makes me a bad parent so be it. We're all guilty of behaviours that can be classed as wrong in someone else's eyes but we're all only human after all.

People from all walks of life like to drink, have a spliff or a cigarette, I don't think you have to be of a particular "class". I've known doctors, teachers and even a nursery worker who liked to have a joint when they've come in from a long day. Dentists, shop workers and security guards who like to have a drink after work. Do I think that makes them any less capable of their job? Nope. I think, again, that just makes them human :shrug:

I'm not repeating myself because you are a weed smoker but because you don't actually seem to be reading correctly what I put. Hence why I have to clarify again and again.

It's so reassuring to know my children's welfare is in the hands of teachers who smoke weed though.

It's posts like these that are getting people's backs up. I don't get particularly offended but this post has one purpose which is to rile people up. I know you're going to deny that but it's true. Just because someone smokes a joint before bed doesn't mean that 12 hours later when they get in to work they're going to let your child run riot and hurt themselves, then not help them. I honestly don't see what the big deal is but each to their own :thumbup:

I know of a nurse who also does it, does that mean she's poor at doing her job and shouldn't be in that proffesion? .. Nope.
You'd probably be surprised to find out how many people in certain professions actually do smoke weed and still do their job well.

Personally if my child had a teacher who smoke weed and I found out it wouldnt bother me in the slightest as long as my child was being educated efficiently and was not seeing it happening. What people do in their own time is entirely upto them, who am I to judge or tell someone what they should and should not be doing? At the end of the day they are only human like me and you.

Just because they lead a different lifestyle at home (out of work hours ) makes no difference to their abilities when they are in work. It's like drinking, are you going to say that people who like are drink are not good parents as well?

Embo, your posts are being construed as offensive because of "personal experience" or what you may have heard has undoubtedly affected your view of all people who smoke weed. I understand where you're coming from but I don't think it's okay to tar everyone with the same brush. I also don't know anyone that needs weed so bad they'd pawn their kids toys off as it's not actually an addictive substance..ability to care for your child. I think a lot of the stigma attached to it is that it's illegal, that's a whole other thread though :shrug: I'd feel a lot less able to react to an emergency if I'd had two or three glasses of wine before bed than a spliff.

You make lots of valid points and tbh I'm not usually argumentative but I stated a point and it was jumped on, then I was called a liar, I try to explain why I have my views and people accuse me of accusing them of being uneducated and childish.
Maybe there are lots of people who smoke one joint and leave it at that - it's obvious from this thread that there are. But the people I have known HAVE been addicted. I think you can class somebody as addicted if it's the first thing they think of in the morning (I knew somebody who was like that) and if you can't go a day without it and end up smoking it while at work or on the way to work ( I knew somebody who did this - and they drive heavy machinery while people are walking about).
I do think it impairs your judgment and it's not something somebody should do while at work.

It's posts like these that are getting people's backs up. I don't get particularly offended but this post has one purpose which is to rile people up. I know you're going to deny that but it's true. Just because someone smokes a joint before bed doesn't mean that 12 hours later when they get in to work they're going to let your child run riot and hurt themselves, then not help them. I honestly don't see what the big deal is but each to their own :thumbup:

I realise that post was offensive but I was just getting sick of continuous comments accusing me of things I haven't said. I made one statement which I clarified as having missed out the word "around" and yet people have their backs up, perhaps because I don't agree with smoking weed. If people actually read what I had put it isn't offensive towards anyone in particular, just a view I have on past experiences.

Erm I think calling me a liar because I said I knew somebody had pawned their childs stuff is slating me.
I haven't called anybody names or called them a liar, just keep stating I have experience of a certain type of person who smokes cannabis and I don't agree with things they did.

trying not to get into the technicalities of it all too much, but you said you were being slated for not doing drugs / being anti drugs, not the legitimacy of the pawn story!

its all very well to say you havent called anyone names, but i think you are missing the point. no one really cares if you are anti drugs or pro drugs, i dont think any of us would be here defending OUR opinions if we didnt think you were also equally entitled to yours!
s what has annoyed so many people in this thread are the ignorant generalisations that you have made about people who use marijuana such as

I think the type of people who smoke weed are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.

I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents
I have never met anyone educated and a skilled worker who has smoked it but then I'm quite a bit older than most on here and probably most friends have just grown out of it?

not one of these statements make reference to your own personal experience, but they ALL contain grossly misinformed sweeping statements which imply that ALL dope smokers are selfish, terrible parents, uneducated, and immature. doesnt really look great does it! whats happening here is that you come off with one of these nonsense statements, people respond then you try to backtrack by saying you meant YOUR limited exposure to these things, and not everyone. You can say 100 times that you meant something else, but the fact is you said what you said. three times at least!

im not sure why you are feeling so persecuted on a personal level though. yes, people are disagreeing with your opinion, but thats ok isnt it?

i hate to be the one to point it out, but does anyone else think its a wee bit ironic and almost funny that despite all the hype and scaremongering about how us weed smokers will all end up as paranoid wrecks, the only person in the thread who seems to be feeling paranoid and attacked, is the most anti weed person to post so far! ](*,):coffee:

^ I agree it is stupid to do it while at work. Anyone with common sense wouldn't.

As for me not reading properly, what about everyone else who has called you offensive? I must be reading it correctly if I'm not the only one taking your posts out of context. It is the way you worded them that rankled. It came across as generalising until you clarified. If you had worded your views nicely to start with, people wouldn't have gotten upset :shrug:

And it is possible to become addicted to anything. You are right that some people don't know when to stop. Fortunately, they are in the minority that I talked about :flower:

I went into a job centre once and the man came back from his break stinking of weed . . .
I don't think it should be advertised on FB for all to see but they probably knows he does them anyway as they will be friends. But what people do is their own choice. There are a lot of non-weed smoking parents who are rubbish parents, as with anything.

And I agree the post is getting silly. Why can't people just agree to disagree?

I realise that post was offensive but I was just getting sick of continuous comments accusing me of things I haven't said. I made one statement which I clarified as having missed out the word "around" and yet people have their backs up, perhaps because I don't agree with smoking weed. If people actually read what I had put it isn't offensive towards anyone in particular, just a view I have on past experiences.

That's fair enough. I think a lot of people's views are based on what they know personally or have heard from people close to them. Unfortunately people can be judgmental because of this and if that's your opinion I respect and accept it. I just think that you shouldn't add to the fire you know? People are already upset I think everyone needs to take a step back and this thread to get back on track. I don't think you ever intended for it to become a huge debate about what kind of weed smoking is wrong or right but perhaps it should be left now :thumbup:

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but I'm not going to be berated for people not reading my clarification of a post.
I've stated already I won't ever agree with it. Which should make no difference to the lives of anybody on here.

IMO it beats the number of alcoholic teachers out there!!

like has been said many times now, people from all walks of life smoke weed. i know a doctor, several lawyers, a vet, 2 teachers, and lots of other professionals who enjoy a smoke! jeremy bloody kyle has a lot to answer for!

It doesn't make a difference to my life at all what you think. It doesn't mean poorly worded opinions can't piss me off though lol. I think we should agree to disagree too.

That's fair enough. I think a lot of people's views are based on what they know personally or have heard from people close to them. Unfortunately people can be judgmental because of this and if that's your opinion I respect and accept it. I just think that you shouldn't add to the fire you know? People are already upset I think everyone needs to take a step back and this thread to get back on track. I don't think you ever intended for it to become a huge debate about what kind of weed smoking is wrong or right but perhaps it should be left now :thumbup:

:thumbup: well it's past my bedtime anyway!
I will apologise to anyone offended by me, it was never my intention.
I still hold by my views, but I have been enlightened by how virulent weed smoking is and that it isn't reserved to the type of people I have known.

Yeah it's way past my bedtime too but I was eating a wagon wheel and watching Bridget Jones's Diary :rofl:

like has been said many times now, people from all walks of life smoke weed. i know a doctor, several lawyers, a vet, 2 teachers, and lots of other professionals who enjoy a smoke! jeremy bloody kyle has a lot to answer for!

The people who go on Jeremy Kyle are the types of people I have experience of. Uneducated, unskilled and in a bit of a mess really.
Can't stand watching him though - I always feel like some of the people on there could do with some help and not him being all macho and bigoted.

Yeah it's way past my bedtime too but I was eating a wagon wheel and watching Bridget Jones's Diary :rofl:

Wagon wheels just aren't the same as when I was little! And I'm watching Bourne Identity. Matt Damon certainly isn't the worst thing to see before you go to bed.....although Mr Darcy :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->