I'm a Mrs!!!

Definitely awkward :wacko: That's just really spiteful of him to say something like that :nope:

I've explained that we have limited numbers to MIL to be, so hopefully she'll pass along the message, she asked me yesterday what made me decide on 30 when there are so many more people than that to invite :dohh: I didn't! That's just how many the room holds, and I'm not inviting every last cousin, we each have around 10 first cousins and that's not including their partners or children, we simply can't invite one without the others so we just said no cousins at all.

It really boils my p**s when people say things like ''oh there's more people to invite'' as if you HAVE to invite them. Its like fuck off its our wedding, not yours! Mind my language, it just really bugs me!! xx

It's up to you how many people you invite to the ceremony. It's not as if you're saying they can't come full stop :wacko:

I wonder what your MIL would have to say about my '10 people only' ceremony :rofl:

It really bugs me too, surely it's up to us who we invite, not anyone else?! And they're invited to the evening anyway! 10 people only?! My mother in law would definitely, definitely throw a hissy fit over that one :haha: What it must be like to have no one interfering... I guess I'll never know :rofl:

Actually in fairness my mum isn't too pleased about our small ceremony. She thinks my brothers and sisters (5 of them) plus families should be there. But OH is an only child so it would be right weird. Haha

It's totally up to you who you have. That's the lovely thing about weddings, there is ALWAYS someone ready to tell you what to do :lol:

My sister originally planned to elope and then have a reception when she came back and my uncle and cousins said if they weren't invited to the wedding they weren't coming to the reception so she ended up having it here but then the registry office only holds 50 and her and her husband both have big families so they just had siblings, parents and grandparents to make it fair so my uncle didn't even end up coming to the wedding but still came to the reception:wacko:

I wonder what it is about weddings that make people crazy???

I also wonder what it is that makes people crazy!

Ugh, just had a text of MIL-to-be saying SIL-to-be already has a hen night for the night I've booked mine and can I rearrange! Can the other bride rearrange hers for my convenience?! Why am I meeting obstacles at every bloody turn?! Why can't people just shut up and accept my choices. My hen night is on the 6th of July, come or don't. So bloody p*ssed off.

I'm going to turn into bridezilla soon I swear.

Do it. It's your wedding you shouldn't have to change things for others convenience. I'd tell her to f**k off and she can just chose which hen night she's wanting to go on x

Poor you! I wouldn't change it either, she can choose which she wants to go on xx

:nope: If I were you I would stop telling MIL etc of your plans. Trust me, it's far easier in the long run. Just tell them once you've booked/decided on things so that takes away their 'oh can't you do it like this' because it'll be too late.
Deffo dont change your hen do. If that's what you've decided then stick to it :hugs:

Definitely don't change your hen do, it's your night out and your SIL can make the decision which one to go on :hugs:

Deffo dont change your Hen Do, thats your day for you to do what you want when you want!

And i agree with Aly id stop telling MIL things, some people start to think they can start making orders and acting like its their day once they know whats going on (i speak from experience)

Ugh, I've asked their availability for another week now, if they have nothing suitable I'm going to go right ahead and book it for the 6th anyway. Then it's up to her whether she comes or not. You're right, I really should stop telling my MIL things, it only winds me up!

We don't tell anyone of our plans, its just bloody easier! Lol! And I think its more fun too :) xx

Ugh, they have no availability for 29th of June, so it looks like it's the 6th after all, which means it looks like SIL won't be there. Oh well, I'll live!

My sister called me up at 11pm last night to ask if I'd mind her stepping down as my maid of honour. Erm, yes! Of course I mind. I was nearly crying, but she said it's the dress she doesn't like, and can she have a different dress in a different colour, I said yes, anything to keep her as my maid of honour, I simply can't not have my sister as maid of honour, she's the closed person to me in the world, she's like my best friend rather than my sister.

Oh my goodness, she was going to step down over a dress??!! :wacko: I'm glad you've manage to sort it though

She's very under-confident and said how fat she felt in that dress, it seems silly to me too, but to her it was a very real worry, she won't match my other maids now but I'd rather that than not have her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->