• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm a Mrs!!!

I know, we're both so grateful, it of course means I now need to do a seating plan! Major stress, but I THINK i have it sorted now :D I also need to order some place cards.

Booked my hen night too :D just a night in Blackpool with three friends, but still it should be fun :D I'm getting soooo excited now!

Had another hair trial today, this time it's more natural looking with long waves, I much prefer it to before.

That will flllyyyy by. How exciting :)

Time is flying. ..... yooohoooo....only 2 more months.... cant wait to see you as a bride. I am sure you are going to be one stunning happy bride.

Thank you :) I sure hope it flies, I'm so excited! Bought a dress for my hen do off ASOS in the sale, it's all sparkly and pretty :D Getting excited for that too now, can't wait to have a baby free night to let my hair down :D

ooohhhh I love it when asos have sales, they do some stunning stuff. so pleased you were able to get a dress off there :D

Spoke to my sister about the cake today, (she makes cakes professionally which was handy!) and I'm thinking about having something similar to the picture. A little less over the top with the flowers and in ivory with white accents to make it look a lot simpler but a four tier with a bird cage topper the same sort of style :)

Attachments

• weddingcake2.jpg
    weddingcake2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 9
I love love love cotton and crumbs cakes. Our cake was based on a C&C cake too, similar to your one. So elegant

Thank you, and me! My sister actually took a course from them to learn how to make the roses just like they do, we love them that much and she wanted to get my cake just right :D

We've just booked a rolls royce for me to arrive in :D we've also just booked our DJ for a bargain £110! Very impressed, the car cost £200 though, but it's worth it to arrive in style!

That's an amazing price for your do, and we splurged on our cars too ;) only get to do this day once, so may as well! Xx

It's coming around fast isn't it? I'm 6 days before you and it's scary how little time is left :O

Your wedding is next month.....yay.....so close. I love the cake. This is something that I missed in my Indian wedding. Wow ..now you will go in style.

Well, we've changed our minds on the registry office (well, DF has, I was happy as long as I was married!) and decided to hold our wedding at the hall we're holding our wedding breakfast, but the only time they had was 12.30, so it's quite an early wedding. It's costing us nearly £400 to make the change, then the venue which we've already booked the hall has decided to turn around and tell us to actually hold the ceremony there it's an extra £500!! WHY?! When we've already booked the hall what difference does it make to them if we hold a half an hour ceremony there?! So because we've changed our minds, it's cost us nearly £900 extra! The venue IMO are just robbing us blind at every turn. Then the room we booked and fell in love with they've decided to turn into OFFICES. So now they're converting another room into a dining room, they promise the work will be completed by the time of our wedding, however they're not even starting work until 1st of July, so then they have just over three weeks to complete it, and they're not offering any compensation at all for this inconvenience, far from it, like I say they're adding costs at every turn, so I have basically no idea what the room we're holding our wedding breakfast in looks like as it's not done yet! No to mention it's costing us thousands of pounds, for a room we haven't seen! Stressed out over here!
This is our new venue, and whilst it looks beautiful from the outside and has gorgeous grounds, we might have a building site for a dining room yet!

Attachments

• Image61.jpg
    Image61.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3
We've picked our songs! FINALLY, it's actually been our biggest argument of the whole wedding :haha: We're not having very conventional songs bar one, we're having Thunder, Love Walked In, Daughtry, Start of Something Good, and then our one conventional song, Aerosmith, Don't wanna miss a thing, then Train, Hey Soul Sister (it's our 6 month old son's favourite song! He always laughs and smiles when we sing it to him, so that one is for him!)

:grr: I seriously think your venue is taking the mick :grr: That's crazy how much extra they're charging you

But on a positive note, brilliant news about you having chosen your songs :happydance:

It's an extra £700 to get married in the hotel we're having our reception in. Normally they knock the room hire for the reception off if you have the wedding there but since we're on the package deal the room hire is included in the fixed price so that wouldn't happen. It's no wonder weddings is such a profitable business the way some people in the industry rip you off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->