I'm a Mrs!!!

Well, that's it, we've given notice of marriage and paid off the registry office! It's cost us £230 just for a registry office! I didn't expect it to cost so much, if I'd known it would cost so much, we'd have gone for a church wedding!

Also, I've got my ring :D Here is a picture of it

Attachments

• 200917046584_1.jpg
    200917046584_1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 42
A church wedding is still twice that much lol. Beautiful ring

Very pretty ring! My church is costing £468 including organist. We were told though that rural or pretty or sought after churches often charge more because of their upkeep :) xx

Thank you :) the church we originally wanted charged £800! But our local church is £250, but we thought we'd save some money by having a registry office, apparently not all that much!

Booked a caterer, phew! The boys are being measured for their suits on Sunday, so that'll be another thing down. So now just flowers, DJ, and cars to sort, I think....

Boys all managed to pick a suit they like thankfully :) apparently it's dark grey with an ivory waistcoat and claret cravat and handkerchief.

Haha I could never leave the picking of suits to my OH... He's colourblind so we could end up with anything lol. I've told the girls in the shop what colour and he just has to do the rest :) eep! Isn't it exciting! I'm so jealous you're getting married soon lol xx

Haha I tried to let my OH choose his own but I couldn't do it. I went into the rental place after he'd booked them and changed the colours of the waistcoats and cravats :haha:

Well, I sent him to pick them, but I will approve them at some point :haha: I can't believe how close it's getting! Just under 11 weeks to go!

My sister has made the bridesmaids flowers today :D they've come in at a bargain £3 each from hobbycraft including the ribbon!

Attachments

• 923352_10201235937006441_37644777_n.jpg
    923352_10201235937006441_37644777_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
That's it! We've booked it! Following much discussion we decided to go ahead and just book a cheap and cheerful wedding and then have a big vow renewal when we can afford it :cloud9:

We've just booked the registry office to set the date for now, we're going to view the reception venue on Friday and hopefully book it, they've quoted us an amazing £160 for room hire and in house DJ! We just have to negotiate food now. We've already got my dress so just everything else to sort! The whole thing should come in at a bargain £1000. It won't be my 'dream' wedding, but it's the marriage that's important, and as my dream wedding was coming in at well over £5000, it'll do for now. I'm still aiming for a nice wedding, just on a very small scale.

Already getting grief from MIL to be, as she doesn't want me to put it on facebook, but it's MY wedding and I want to announce it, when I was pregnant she announced it before my 12 week scan when I'd asked her to wait until after, so all DF's family knew before my friends and family, and it looks like it's going to be the same with the wedding :( she's normally very nice and we get on okay since I've had LO, I think she just likes to steal my announcements from me :shrug: :growlmad:

Little introduction, I'm 22 next month and DF is 23 in August, we met when I was just 14 as we went to the same school, we were on and off at school, and then when we both left school we didn't see each other again until I was 18, then we started properly dating, so we've been together nearly four years. :cloud9: We have a small son and live together in our own home.

https://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/j0cjmsh.png

https://dwdf.daisypath.com/rySbp1.png

Congrats! That is so funny, I'm getting married on July 27th!

I am very pleased with them, and for the price you can't complain at all!

Congratulations to you too :D Yay, we're almost date buddies :D

:happydance: what a fantastic price for the bridesmaids flowers

they look fab

Hahahaha just came on to. This and the ad at the top says ''divorce him now!'' Xx

Thank you :)

:haha: I'll have to marry him first! :haha:

DF's parents have kindly offered to pay for our wedding breakfast at his dad's golf club! It's absolutely a beautiful venue and VERY generous of them! So now we get married, go to the golf club for our meal then head to our already booked venue for our party! Getting so excited now! Less than 10 weeks to go! Evening invitations have all been written now so that's a weight off.

Aww thats really nice of them to pay for the meal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->