Im Adopting two babies! - Adoption Journal.

2 of my cousins are adopted n have the same surname as me aswell xx

I think you're doing an amazing thing by adopting them can't wait to see pictures of you with the two little ones :hugs:, I'm a bit worried for you about your old friend and his girlfriend getting involved or causing problems,

I was going to say the same thing but didnt want to rain on your parade .. But hope it goes well for u xx

Surnames are changed yes. The parents will name the baby but you could change it by deed poll (which is quite common practise) If you know the couple (well the dad) and they are happy for you to adopt and don't want the babies then could you ask them if they'd like you to suggest a name? Only you know if this is an option or not!

fI teach in a very disadvantaged area and quite often children get taken into foster care. It's always overwhelming to see just what a difference it makes to these children. They must miss their parents, obviously, but you wouldn't know it. They're so much more overcome with relief, happiness and just joy at the small things in life that they get to enjoy - having a bath or shower, going out for pizza, going swimming, enjoying a book with their carer, having their hair styled etc. It is a total weight off their shoulders and a fresh start. Of course, your foster babies won't know this for themselves, but this is what you've saved them from. I can't imagine what situation the one year old must have been in to be up for adoption as well as the unborn baby having known what it's like for some of our kids who only get to be fostered for 6m and have a taste of the good life, but it is just so lovely. You are thinking of the school they will be in, the area, a new house... just as loving parents do. What a fantastic new life you are offering them. I'll be following this :) have answered your thread in toddler club too! Can't wait for your happy day!

Hey everyone

We are in the begining stages of adopting two children! one is almost 1 and the other is due to be born on 11th August I wanted to share what is going on with us, and get advice along the way.

Heres our story so far.

We have lots of support from my family my parents think it is brilliant what we are doing for these children, they are proud of us. My Dfs family arent as supportive as they think we should just have our own children and let them be someone elses 'problem' (Which is horrible, they are not a 'problem' they are two beautiful little babies that need our help)

An old friend of mine and his girlfriend had a baby girl last year who was taken away from them by social services when she was very young, i obviously dont want to go into any details of that because it was not a nice situation. The baby Girl has been in foster car since and is a year old on the 27th.

Now my friends girlfriend is pregnant again with a little boy who is due on the 11th august. Who will be taken by social services at birth.

My friends mother was going to adopt them but was in the very first stages of adopting them. When i spoke to her she said she would be more than happy for me and my DF to adopt them! It would be the best outcome. She wants to be a grandmother, not a mother and raise children as hers are all grown up.

So we have spoken to the social worked involved who has started proceedings! He wants things put in place as soon as possible so i am woundering will we foster them first then adopt them as foster is quicker? Or will they do a fast track adoption type thing?

I want to make this my kind of adoption journal as i have alot of things i have questions about, not only the acctual process of adoption but other things like what to tell them when they are older?.

I wanted to Add a ticker here for each of the children. I cant wait to have them with us

https://lb1f.lilypie.com/wWuMp1.png https://lmtf.lilypie.com/LaDX.png​

Thank you if you took the time to read this :)
Zoie

Thats wonderful hun just would like to wish u look with it all

oh that is awesome congrats. are you still going to ttc?

these babies are very lucky

We are NTNP at the moment, then once we have the children we will decided how long we want to wait to start TTC again. I would like to say at the moment when the baby is 4-5 months we would start TTC but i think we will have our hands full enough and probibly wait untill he is around 18 months :)

Surnames are changed yes. The parents will name the baby but you could change it by deed poll (which is quite common practise) If you know the couple (well the dad) and they are happy for you to adopt and don't want the babies then could you ask them if they'd like you to suggest a name? Only you know if this is an option or not!

fI teach in a very disadvantaged area and quite often children get taken into foster care. It's always overwhelming to see just what a difference it makes to these children. They must miss their parents, obviously, but you wouldn't know it. They're so much more overcome with relief, happiness and just joy at the small things in life that they get to enjoy - having a bath or shower, going out for pizza, going swimming, enjoying a book with their carer, having their hair styled etc. It is a total weight off their shoulders and a fresh start. Of course, your foster babies won't know this for themselves, but this is what you've saved them from. I can't imagine what situation the one year old must have been in to be up for adoption as well as the unborn baby having known what it's like for some of our kids who only get to be fostered for 6m and have a taste of the good life, but it is just so lovely. You are thinking of the school they will be in, the area, a new house... just as loving parents do. What a fantastic new life you are offering them. I'll be following this :) have answered your thread in toddler club too! Can't wait for your happy day!

Thank you so much for this message! It has really touched me and nearly had my DF in tears :) It is great to hear that it really does change a childs life forever :)

As for the name thing, the babies mother is dead set on a name which i personally dont like, Not that it matters to me what his name is but we would prefer to name him. A complete new fresh start. That does sound strange that a baby that hasent even been born yet needs a fresh start doesnt it!

xxxxxx

Wow..congratulations, you're doing such a great thing! Really admire you!

My friend is adopted and her parents changed her first name, she was 6 weeks old at the time, not sure how they did it though hun. X

Wow... how amazing such an amazing thing to do .. i wish you and you children all the happiness in the world

Count me as another stalker. You are doing such a great thing for these children, and the joys and blessings will be so great for not only you and your DF, but for the children as well. :hugs:

Another stalker here. :blush: I think what you are doing is great. You sound like you will be an amazing mother. :D

You will make amazing parents :hugs: I hope that the birth parents don't cause any trouble and that it is a smooth journey for you, well as smooth as anything involving 2 babies can be :haha:

aww zoie just read the first page (on cell so will read more later) just wanted you to know you totally have my support and I will be following you on your journey :)

Congratulations on your pending adoption. With regard to names the children's surnames will be changed to yours when the adoption order is agreed by the court. You cannont apply for the adoption order until the children have been living with youfor a certain amount of time. For first names unless their is a security risk generally social services will not allow you to change their name. A lot of times as well their name is the only thing children can have from their birth parents and this can be quite significant when they get older.

I hope that helps just wanted to give a different view point. Also if you were to change the childrens names without social services agreement this could jeopardise you if you wanted to adopt again in the future.

Good luck with the process, have you started on your home study yet? x

wow congradulations,
what your doing is such an amazing thing. it's really heartwarming to hear that there are people like you out there who are willing to take on two children under 2. honestly don't have enough words to say how wonderful a thing i think your doing and i'm sure you'll be a great mum to those two little ones and they will be lucky to have such a lovely lady in their life.

and me too :thumbup: I will be following you on your journey Zoie :kiss:

You truly are an amazing couple ..... and I just know you will be amazing parents too because you have both waited so long for this :hugs:

wow in atthe deep end hugs your going to do so well, you better come join the Grads now.

Has the social worker def said you'll be getting them? It's the sort of disapointment no one wants???

Oh eeek your going to be a double mummy, the other grad mummys have a britax pram that is convertable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->