I'm in a tricky situation..

Same here, if you'd like to contact me I will send you my email in PM or we can chat here if you'd like that too.

I'm 20 but fell pregnant and gave birth at 19. A little older than you but to be honest I was lucky that I didn't get pregnant when I was younger. Anyway big :hugs2:

Hope everything is going alright and that your parents are coming around to it. Have you thought about telling the father or your friend yet? And how are you feeling physically?

Hope everything is going alright and that your parents are coming around to it. Have you thought about telling the father or your friend yet? And how are you feeling physically?
I have thought about telling the father as I know it's something I have to do, although I don't know how exactly I'm going to do it. As for my friend, I think the best thing to do is me and the father tell her together rather than drop the bomb on both of them at the same time.

Physically, I'm actually not feeling to bad. Slight headaches, a little nausea but no sickness, nothing I can't handle. Breast tenderness, but nothing much different than how they get during my time of the month. I'm hoping it stays this way and I don't start vomiting every chance I get.

Im glad you told your patents. Its definitely a hard thing to do, but it does help everything feel more real. My parents weren't happy when I got pregnant (the first or second time) and neither was my grandma. Me and her are incredibly close and we actually stopped talking for a while because she was so upset with me. But after a while, things settled down and she came around. She's actually the one who helped watch my son so I could go to school. After my son was born, everyone settled and my kids are so well loved by all their family, even though when I got pregnant wasn't an ideal time by any means.

Im glad that you've started taking vitamins and plan on calling the doctor. Just take this whole journey step by step (as you seem to be doing). :) As others have said, if you ever want to talk or get some advice or anything, feel free to pm me for contact info.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope your pregnancy symptoms stay mild :)

It's great you told your parents, at 16 that's one of the hardest parts! I fell pregnant with my first a couple of months before turning 17 and my parents reacted terribly, my mum took a few weeks to start coming around and my dad didn't acknowledge my pregnancy (he'd also hardly acknowledge me) until I was about 27 weeks along. However, when my son was born he was over the moon and now he dotes on both of my children. It's not the same but I had only known my children's father for about 1.5 months before I fell pregnant and we had been officially together for just 2 weeks when I conceived.

My son turned 4 a few days ago and I am now 21. You can message me on here if you'd like to ask anything. :)

Hi guys!
I just thought I'd let you all know that today I had my first appointment, and it was extremely scary and surreal. The confirmation, the questions, the due date, it all lead me to tears, it was too overwhelming for my hormonal brain to handle. However, when I got home and was able to calm myself down, I felt a huge relief that my pregnancy was now being monitored and somewhat controlled. I didn't actually get to see an ultrasound today as there aren't any concerns, so that's something I have to look forward to. The next milestone is telling the father, which I've preparing myself to do. I honestly can't tell what the reaction will be, so I guess all I can do is wait until I build up the courage to do it.

That must have been pretty overwhelming going for your first appointment. You're right, though, it is great that it is now being monitored and you can take care of yourself physically. I think for most pregnancies they don't ultrasound until 20 weeks if everything is going normally. What is your due date? I know you are probably feeling such a mixture of emotions right now, but please know that you are doing fantastically and you are handling this very maturely and I'm super impressed with how strong you sound. Best of luck with telling the father!

Honestly, I'm internally screaming every minute. But thank you for the reassurance that my mind is in the right place.
Also, my due date is January 7.

Wishing you the best of luck telling the father. I know that it must be so scary but you can do it. Xxx

Congrats Nadia,you did the right thing seeing the doctor
Jan 7th. might have a new years baby

Small steps :hugs2:

I'm glad you were able to get to the doctors and it's helping you feel a little better. I had my first ultrasound around 12 weeks with my first two pregnancies. I think that's the general guideline in the US.

Good luck with telling the father. I'm sure it'll be difficult, but you have already proven that you are a strong young woman, so I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Just keep moving forward one step at a time. :hugs:

so proud of you for talking to your parents and seeing a doctor. this can be an overwhelming situation with a lot of things to think about, but taking it one step at a time each day is the best way to handle difficult decisions. keeping your health and your baby's health at the top of your list is so important. there are probably resources in your community (like a Pregnancy Resource Center) that can also support you as well. hugs to you.....keep us posted; we care about YOU

So, I suffered my first bout of morning sickness yesterday morning, first thing after waking up. Having an empty stomach didn't make the situation any better. This morning I was fine, I just felt a little nauseous for about a half hour. I'm also having this weird physical craving, like a craving for human contact. Is this something any of you experienced? This is also making me super agitated because I can't get that physical contact I'm wanting.

I still haven't told the father, I'm really struggling to find the opportunity and to compose myself. I can't even express how difficult getting into the position to tell him privately is.

Hi Nadia, sorry you are experiencing sickness. I had it really bad fir the first trimester. Some mornings it was unavoidable. But I found that if I nibbled on fruit like oranges, apples, pears, and some water I usually was able to deal with the nausea

:hugs2: is there a way to call him and try to set something up? Hope you are able to get this off your chest.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

I could I guess, but I don't really want my friend knowing. Given the situation, I'm not sure whether he'd tell her that I arranged it or not. Usually he would, but now I'm not sure.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

I could I guess, but I don't really want my friend knowing. Given the situation, I'm not sure whether he'd tell her that I arranged it or not. Usually he would, but now I'm not sure.

Well I suppose the truth is going to have to come out one way or another.
How are your parents doing, have they come around at all? Do you have any scans booked :)

To be honest, my parents haven't really said all that much about the situation. Because it's still kind of like nothing has changed, so I think they're still processing. I have a scan booked in just over 2 week, and I'm so excited!

To be honest, my parents haven't really said all that much about the situation. Because it's still kind of like nothing has changed, so I think they're still processing. I have a scan booked in just over 2 week, and I'm so excited!
Yay! How exciting. Are you planning on finding out the sex? Keep us posted~

I'll definitely be finding out the gender, yes. It won't be for another couple of months yet though, which I'm sure you already knew. I'm sure you'll know as soon as I know, haha.

Hey hun just checking up to see how you are doing :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->