I'm in a tricky situation..

I also meant to say that you can tell him there will be no sex until he opens up and obviously still withhold sex at that point if you think that will get him talking. I also agree that meeting somewhere you are unable to have sex is a good idea.

Just read through your story and I think your so brave, I couldn't have done it at 16! I could barely look after myself. I think no matter what you choose your still doing the right thing. Here in the UK adoption isn't a common thing you hear about as much as ive heard people from the US, its either keep or abort. I dunno why. But I think you will be a fab mum. I also think FOB has a bit of a thing for you, and you must do a little bit to sleep with him a 2nd time lol. Congratulations on having a girl,. I also had a girl first, I was slightly older at 21 though, good luck and ill be following!

Hi, I just read this thread today and I really hope you are doing well. With my first pregnancy I thought about adoption toward the end and right up until the last weeks. My situation was far from ideal as well, but adoption didn't end up being right for me. I was adopted as a baby, my birthmom was 16 but she was on the street and doing a lot of drugs, she had no means to take care of a baby. I met her when I was 19, along with my birthsister who is 2 years younger than me. We had an open adoption, my parents sent letters and pictures for a little while, but she felt as though I needed to have my own life without her involvement, and so did she. She had a lot of guilt and for a long time told my sister that she didn't want to meet me. She was afraid I would be angry with her decision..which I was never, I only wanted to know her.

I am not sure what you ended up choosing, I know you were still thinking about both options from your last update, but I do want to say that you are very mature and you sound like you would make a wonderful mother. Age isn't always the biggest factor, I know people in their 30s who are still too immature to be parents.

After my pregnancy and the horrible situation I was in, my first son has been the light of my life. He changed me for the better and I have never regretted having him or going through what I went through to become his mother (bad decisions - party of one!)

At the time it felt like it would never be over... I had to move, change jobs, change my phone number.. but when he was born I became a different person. My roommate from then is still doing the exact same things with her life, but I have moved on and grown. I am 28 now and married and having my 3rd child. Raising my 1st with a little help from family was the most amazing experience, and he is so sweet and beautiful.. I wouldn't ever change what brought me to this point in my life. In the scheme of everything, the difficulties associated with my oldest were a very tiny part of everything I have become, and no part of what he has become.

Whatever you choose I hope you do it for you. If you're honest with yourself, no decision is wrong :)

Wishing you the best

Well, you've got a new one following your story!! I just read the whole thing. I check this section sometimes due to the fact that I was a teen mom too. I got pregnant when I was 17, and had him when I was 18.
However, your situation is more difficult than mine, and I have to comment on your strength and maturity! You've got this! You are already a mom, and a great one at that!! It sucks that you're going through the tough stuff at school. That's never fun! I've been the point of ridicule and rumors. It's awful! Keep your chin up. You're already doing what's best for you!!

Hey all of you. I'm sorry, I know that it's been a while since I last even looked on here. But right now, honestly, the quickest update I can give is that I feel like curling up into a ball and crying the rest of my pregnancy away, if not even longer. It's been rough, and it still is. I'll try and be back with a more detailed update that you actually want to hear soon.

Oh no, I'm sorry things are so hard for you. We'll all be here when you're ready to talk

Agreed. I'm sorry it's so hard :hugs: but yes, we're here. Hold in there!

honey have you tried seeing a councilor or a therapist? that feeling of overwhelm could be also a beginning of a depression and could set you off to a PPD (post partum depression) which is not good for you and shouldn't be overlooked.
take care of yourself, you deserve all the love in this world <3 <3 <3

Hope things are ok. Are you doing anything special for the holidays?

So.. a lot has happened since I've been gone. Like a lot.

Firstly, as my due date is January 7, the baby could arrive any day now which is scary. Really scary. I can't believe how fast this has gone, it doesn't seem that long ago since I ever signed up to this site, and I just want to thank everyone for their support and guidance.

Next, onto something a little less cheerful. Not long after my last post, I had what I guess you could call a severe breakdown. I could no longer deal with the life I was living, and I would have done anything to just end it all. I was very emotionally unstable and was admitted into hospital for a little while. I was then diagnosed with depression. I started to see a therapist twice a week, and was put on medication. Of course this wasn't that long ago, so I am still seeing my therapist twice a week and still taking my medication. It's a slow process, and although I'm still feeling fairly depressive, I feel that I'm no longer as much of a harm to myself as I was, but I still do have little episodes of intense emotions.

As for what is happening to the baby, after everything that has been happening recently, I felt that it is best for me to give her up for adoption. I've spoken a lot about it with my therapist and I know that giving my baby up is going to come with another stem of depression, but I feel her life will be more happy and enjoyable growing up with a family who are ready to take on this challenge.

For now, after I give birth, my main focus is to get better. The adoptive parents are very understanding of my situation, and are allowing for an open adoption at my own pace.

And as for the holidays, I spent them with my immediate family, and despite my issues, I managed to have an enjoyable time. Hope all of you had a happy Christmas.

I have just read all of this post and just wanted to say I admire your courage and wish you and your baby all the happiness in the world xx

Read thru all of your thread. You are a very strong brave women. This has got to be the hardest decision. For you to put your feelings second and your babies needs first is amazing. Your doing amazing and will continue to do amazing. Good luck with the birth.

:hugs: :hug: Sorry you have been having a hard time and I am glad you are getting the help you need - you are such a brave young lady and I admire you courage :hugs:

All the best for the birth and the future x

:hugs: You're very brave to go through all of this! I really hope you can start to heal and find happiness in life again. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->