I'm Sick of Being Pregnant

NotShowing

Reaction score
I hope that I will not be judged. I am 30 weeks pregnant with a much wanted child but my body is not responding well to the pregnancy. Symptoms are insomnia, acid reflux, unrelenting nausea and vomiting. I wanted this so much and now I am counting the days hours and minutes I have left. All my positivity seems to be draining away from me and I never wanted to be so negative at this what should be happy time. If I felt well, this would be so different. I wish I could just sleep the time away, but like I said I have terrible insomnia. I'm cranky, sleep deprived nauseas and can barely eat. The acid reflux really bothers me too. I feel so guilty that I am not happy. I hope I somehow snap out of this funk. Anyone else not so happy being pregnant? This is not how I dreamed this would be at all.

I think it's totally normal to feel that way especially near the end. I've mostly enjoyed being pregnant but I've started to get like ok now I'm done!!
It takes a massive toll on your body , your sleep etc etc. It's totally normal not to enjoy that. It will be worth it in the end but you don't have to pretend to love it all the time!

Aw :( it's normal to feel like that. There's no break from it, that's what I find hard. I'm not wishing the time away as I'm pretty sure we won't have any more children so trying to take it all in so I can remember it. It soon becomes a distant memory. No one will think badly of you for getting fed up, no magic words of advice but try to be kind to yourself don't get worked up feeling guilty

My first pregnancy was like that, sick the whole time, acid reflux, swelling, insomnia just everything and it was vile, I hated being pregnant! It in no way impacted on my bonding with ds but we have a 3 year age gap because I didn't know if I could it again for a long time!
This time is totally different and I'm half enjoying it.
Don't feel guilty, some pregnancies are horrid, but it will be over and you'll get your beautiful baby.

I wouldn't worry hun, its a complete lie that its a lovely time (well to me anyway). I feel really bad counting down but I'm soo tried and have got to the point I just want to hold the final member of our family. It really knocks everything out of you towards the end, never feel guilty its only nature hun. Xx

Big hugs to you hun I do sympathise. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and weirdly I'm doing better this time round than I did the 1st time. I have just recently been prescribed medication for acid reflux and it has worked wonders, before I got the medication it was making me sick and waking me during the night, is there any chance you could get to your doc to help alleviate that symptom? I go to bed as soon as I am able to (soon as toddlers in bed!) but do find that I'm waking up around 3/4am for the morning which is hugely annoying as I get tired early afternoon at work. I'm thinking of starting maternity leave early if this carries on. Just think though you are now on the home stretch now, keep the thought of your beautiful baby in your arms you will get therex

I was until some of those symptoms eased off a bit and now I'm back to excitement of wanting this baby out :) not much time left

I know exactly how you feel! I always hoped I would enjoy pregnancy but unfortunately it wasn't to be. I'm pg with my third and had sickness until twenty weeks with all and then the acid reflux started. I find th most difficult part is feeling so negative. I'm delighted to be expecting a baby but I cannot bear actually being pregnant.

I feel the same. The worst was 30-32 weeks. I think because I felt I still had ages to go. Now I'm 35+4 and actually feel better, possibly because the end is now in sight! Also I woke up the other day with what I thought was contractions and realised how much I still have to do before baby here and panicked!!

:hugs2: you're definitely not alone girl!
I'm not too far ahead of you and completely over being huge, hot, uncomfortable and miserable all the time.

Big hugs. I'm feeling the same and feel guilty for wanting it over. It's such a precious time but such a strain on our bodies. I hope the next few weeks go quick for us

I believe we all start to feel that way at the end. Things really start to hurt and you cannot ever get comfortable. Summer makes it even harder. This is my 2nd and it is a lot harder than my first. However, we know there will be an end - it is still annoying when everyone keeps making comments about our size, and how we are 'still pregnant'! I get sick of those

I think it's completely normal to feel that way, especially if you've had a rough pregnancy.

With my daughter, I never could understand that feeling (didn't judge, just didn't understand being sick of being pregnant). I was never really on labor watch and just watched as the days went by until I was induced at 41+6.

With this one, however, I've been feeling that way for almost 2 weeks now. I just fee miserable. I'm bigger than I was with DD. Sleeping is a pain, my hips tend to hurt during the day, my feet are swelling, other body parts are swelling, I can barely hold my daughter, etc. I just want to fast forward to when he's here.

Totally normal hun xx

At 33 weeks I have completely had enough. It sucks. But lo will be worth it x

I've completely had enough. I am bad at the end of pregnancy. I can barely do anything other than sit around trying and failing to get comfy. Last time I went to 42 weeks and the idea of doing that again is just awful! (I don't have to this time as I'm having a c section at 39 weeks)

I can barely look after my 3 yearold and we just stay in all the time now so he's bored and irritable. I'm tired and irritable. Just counting down the days now!

I feel your pain, my last pregnancy was a nightmare, I gained soooo much weight, had restless leg, spd was so bad I couldn't really walk after only 15 weeks..... Euch!! As well as me sat crying my eyes out because I couldn't get the Christmas lights to go on the tree properly..... No one has the right to tell anyone else how they should feel when they are pregnant, sometimes its bloody horrible!! This pregnancy has been a lot smoother so I cant grumble xxxx

I totally understand this feeling I enjoyed my 1st pregnancy but this time I am counting down the weeks and cannot wait for her to arrive I am finding this pregnancy really hard going :(

I am still on anti-sickness meds, spd, broad ligament pain, constipation, tired, achy - my body is not feeling great at all and running around after a toddler and working full time it is all taking it's toll on my body and I am knackered :(

I love feeling her move don't get me wrong but I just want her here :shrug:

:hugs:

The insomnia is killer. I think I could cope with the rest if my body allowed sleep. Its just so hard when your body won't sleep. Last time I slept more with a newborn than when pregnant.

Well, pleased to report that I slept last night. I feel so much better today. I hope this continues. I am up doing laundry with energy. :coffee:

So great to feel that I am not the only one who is sick of being pregnant though. Thanks all for your responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->