Immunizations

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Ladies,

Valerie is going to be getting her 2-month vaccinations here on Thursday and I had a few questions. What vaccines will be given? I know the Hepatitis B right? But I'm not sure on any of the other ones. Also, should I give her Tylenol drops beforehand or is she too young? Someone I know said that often helps them with the pain afterwards. Any advice will help! Thanks!

Mia got DiTePer (Diphteria Tetanus Pertussis) and I think the Hep vaccine as well.
I gave her baby tylenol just after she got them but not in advance. Doctor suggested I should give her tylenol for 24 hrs but I only gave her 2 doses instead of 6. She slept most of the day anyways and got through it on her own.

Josh didn't take anything after, he was feeling good just a bit sleepy and more cranky than usual. xx

Thanks Aqua. I just got off the phone with our Health Department and they said she will get the Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis shot, the Hep B shot, the Hib (Influenzae Type B), and the Rotavirus shot. She'll also drink the liquid for the Polio vaccine. Does this seem like quite a bit to you guys? I think so! My mom said they will probably try and combine the shots into one so she isn't getting poked 5 different times.

This is going to be so hard on me. damn. :cry:

Don't be so scared, she will probably sleep through it all.

Jenny yours will probably be like mine since we both live in the US. We got three shots because they combined some and he was given the rotavirus through a dropper into his mouth (which he then spit most up). We were told to give him .4 of Tylenol before the shot. We was cranky the next three days but that could be because it was 90 degrees all week and he was teething. We would just give him Tylenol before bed to help with his pain. :hugs: is there someone who can come with you? I was a big baby and cried when he got his shots (maybe more then him) so it was a good thing my DH was there.

Jenny -

Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis are combined into one shot - called either DPT or DPaT. DPaT is a newer version that infants seem to react less to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->