"impatiently waiting and complaining" IVF November/December/end of the year bumps

Michelle I can see from your signature that you have a scan today, have you had it our waiting to go? Xx

I'm so sorry, snow.

Not a ton to report on my end -- I spent the last week offline and had a relatively relaxing holiday. I'm not having crying meltdowns any more, so that's a step in the right direction. :haha: We have our WTF on Friday and a second opinion appt next week. January is a month of regrouping for us. I didn't feel able to jump into cycle 3 without some R&R.

Hope you are all feeling good as we start the new year. Maybe all our babies have been waiting for 2013 to show their little faces...

xoxo

Sept, glad to hear from you and good to see you are getting some R&R before your next cycle. I think you are right and that 2013 is the year for all of us xxxxx

Hi Sandy! I had my scan this morning; all is good, updated my journal with the appt details.

Hope everyone else is doing well....2013 is going to be a great year for everyone :)

Hi ladies,
I hope you all had a lovely new year. Our has got off to an awful start... We had a scan at 8.5 weeks yesterday and have found out I've had a missed miscarriage. We are beyond devastated and will have a d&c in the next few days.
Hopefully we can do another fet in march or April.
Xxx

Okay so I will NEVER use BnB on my phone again because I always seem to get unsubscribed. So annoying! I was wondering why I felt I was missing a thread on my list. Anyways I'm happy I found you girls again!

Quick update from my WTF appointment since that's where I left off with you girls. Copperman said that because of the low fertilization rate that he thinks is caused by the way we dosed my medication we'll be doing ICSI plus changing the dosing of my meds. I did make him do immunology testing and everything came back normal ... whomp whomp! I was really hoping something was wrong just to get some answers but no such luck. So this time, we're going to taper off with the meds instead of just stopping them altogether. He said this will slow the bigger ones down and allow the smaller ones to catch up so that maybe we get better quality and a lot more mature eggs also. I'm feeling pretty good about starting again...I start January 11th with the Lupron. Same protocol as last time, long lupron and really just can't wait to get the show on the road. I asked him when he thinks we should start dicussing other options because I don't want to go through treatment that isn't working too many times and he gave me these numbers. Now these are rough numbers because its been a while but here's what he said.
1st IVF - 60%
2nd IVF - 80 something %
3rd IVF and so on about 93%

It was something like that so I've pretty much already made a decision that if I'm not pregnant by the 3rd and we've tried everything, acupuncture (which I found isn't covered by my insurance) and ICSI and AH, etc. etc. then I would like to move onto surrogacy or egg donor. My insurance covers surrogacy so that's the good thing but I still want to use my eggs if they're good so I need that 4th IVF (that's covered by my insurance) to get the eggs for the surrogate. Hope that made sense!

I've also started seeing a therapist. It's just a lot to go through and I just want to talk to another woman who specializes in all of this infertility that was she can maybe help prepare me if we have to go another route.

Wow, sorry girls for the long story!

Michelle - I'm so happy 3rd time was a charm, that's amazing and I read your journal, so happy everything is look GREAT! Don't worry about the HR, i'm sure everything is progressing beautifully!

I noticed that there were quite a bit of BFN's which I'm completely saddened by but we're all here for each other and we will get there!!

I will be able to do personals again now that I'm subscribed so sorry for not doing personals now but I just missed so much it's nearly impossible.

Hi Ash! Glad to see you are starting soon and I am sure with adding acu, it will make a huge difference! Good luck!

Kirs - Oh I am sooo sooo sorry. Nobody should ever have to go through something like this and it is so unfair. Can I ask, did you have any scans before 8.5 weeks? Did you see the hb before that and do they have any idea why this could have happened? Big :hugs: to you!!

Oh Kirst, I'm so sorry to hear this. It is beyond unfair that you are going through this. Sending you hugs.

Ash, great that you get to start again soon! I've been doing acu weekly for 6 months and have found it very helpful in managing all the stress of IVF.

Love to all you ladies.

Michelle - thanks!

sept - I really do hope the acu helps. I was thinking about only doing it maybe 2 weeks before the ET and then a week after but I'm really not sure. I should talk to my doctor about it a little more, maybe I'll give them a call today sometime. It's just so expensive that I want to do it as much as I can but I'll have to keep my OH's and my budget in my mind.

Ash - I went once a week for about a month before ET and the day of ET I went before AND after ET, and now I am still going once a week. Although it is out of my budget, I really believe it made this cycle happen for me. I was actually going to stop going, but I have heard to keep going through the first tri, so I am headed there tonight! The acu guy told me it increases your chances by 60%. I did not really believe him until this time worked for me. GOOD LUCK :)

Michelle - wow that's amazing, I should probably start going ASAP then since my ET is going to be around the 4th or 5th of February.

Kirs I'm so so sorry! :hug: This process is so unfair for many of us. Thinking of you and hoping you have support through this tough time.

Ash glad to see you back, wondered what happened to you! Glad that you had a good appt and are ready for your next round. I'm doing a frozen cycle this month, but looks like our transfers will be pretty close.

L4hope - Are you looking forward to your FET? We will be having ET around the same time and I hope we both get our BFP's!!!!! How many frosties do you have?

Ash yes I'm hopeful for my FET. We had good quality blasts from this cycle so I'm hoping that it was just a matter of getting them to stick. My doc is going to do an endo biopsy next week which has been shown to help with implantation. I have three frosties. We are going to transfer two of them. Let's hope we get it right this time Ash!!

l4hope - oh I hope we do get it right this time! I think that endo biopsy is something I would like to try also if we can't figure out why they're not implanting. Do they only do that on women with endo or how does that work?

It's for anyone, I've never had endo. Studies have shown that the trauma to the lining makes it more receptive for implantation. I'm willing to try anything at this point!

Oh wow! I'll definitely have to ask about that if this next IVF is a bust. Is it a surgical like procedure or do you go into the office and they just scrape it? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just very curious about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->