Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Boopin, it's normal to be nervous . The only thing I would suggest is to relax and not to symptom spot during the TWW. The TWW are torturous, seems like eternity. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, avoid caffeine and if possible rest for 24 hours after ET. My RE was very particular about 24 hours rest after ET, if possible take a day off after ET. How did your injection training go ? Will they give you PIO shots after ET ? I really think those shots helped me get my BFP.

Boopin, it's normal to be nervous . The only thing I would suggest is to relax and not to symptom spot during the TWW. The TWW are torturous, seems like eternity. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, avoid caffeine and if possible rest for 24 hours after ET. My RE was very particular about 24 hours rest after ET, if possible take a day off after ET. How did your injection training go ? Will they give you PIO shots after ET ? I really think those shots helped me get my BFP.
Coolstar - Everything went well this morning. All my questions were answered, I received my cycle calendar and injection training. Except for at the very end when my nurse gave me a hug goodbye and then I cried on her shoulder. At that very moment I felt overwhelmed with various feelings (excitement, nervousness, anxiety, disbelief, tremendous joy, etc...). She asked me if I was okay. And I told her that I can't believe that my transfer is so near. That this is actually going to happen. I jokingly said, "I'm not even on the estrogen yet. I can only imagine once I start the hormone injections I'm going to be a hot-mess!" Then we laughed and she told me that this is normal (just like you said) to be flooded with emotions before a cycle. Especially your first IVF cycle. :rofl:
I'll be taking BCP until 1/5, lupron, estradiol valerate, estradiol suppositories, medrol, zithromax, low dose aspirin, estrogen/progesterone combo supps and progesterone in oil. I think that's everything. :haha: I'll continue progesterone/estrogen meds until pregnancy tests are known. These meds will continue until the 12th week of pregnancy if conception occurs. There's a lot of information to absorb and I'm trying to stay organized. On top of the medications, there's all the legal stuff to deal with when using an egg donor. :dohh:
How are you doing Coolstar? Are you getting the hang of your baby boy's schedule? How often does he sleep? He's such a cutie!! Enjoy these early precious moments. Babies grow up so fast!! Before you know it, he'll be going off to school.. lol!! xx

UPDATE: My medications arrived this morning 12/30. Now the fun begins!! LOL =.)

Hi ladies! Coolstar your baby is just gorgeous! I'm so happy for you. It must be tough having had a csection - I'm assuming you can only hold him once he's passed to you but you can't lift him? And you are missing your tummy muscles? I hope it continues to get easier!
AFM my red bleeding was on Sunday pm - I would describe it as a quick splodge -sorry tmi - enough to fill half a pad - I lay down for rest of day and by the next day it had stopped - no sign of any more bleeding. I'm booked in for an early scan today and am terrified. I've been here before - or sac and embryo but no heartbeat. And I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to hear bad news again. I keep thinking that perhaps the bleed was losing one but there was no tissue so I don't know. Anyway I'll keep you posted. Fingers crossed for good news!

Beetle - You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm keeping everything tightly crossed for you!! It's not uncommon to bleed early in pregnancy as long as its not too heavy. Try to remain positive!! We're all here for you!! XX :hugs:

Hi everyone, back from scan - we saw not 1 but 2 heartbeats! Even more amazing - we found we are expecting identical twins! Two amniotic sacs but both sharing one placenta! They found an area which may have caused the bleed and are happy all is ok as of today ....eek ...fingers crossed! ��

Massive congratulations Beetle, I am so happy for you. So like PC you will have twins. That's amazing. Boopin and Pinkie you ladies are next . We need more BFP in our thread !!

Hi Ladies, I am so pleased to be catching up on some wonderful news.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

Beetle, congratulations hun, twins is fabulous news, I am so happy for you. Well done lovely I hope you continue to have a happy healthy pregnancy. It seems like everyone eventually gets there miracle and gives me a lot of hope.

Boopin, great news that everything went well with the appointment and you are set to go. I think its very natural to be nervous, excited, anxious etc at the same time. These cycles are not easy, I go through all the emotional each time. Stay focused on the end goal and you will get there. Good Luck.

Coolstar, I am glad to hear you are home and slowly settling into family life and that the little man is doing well. He looks adorable! I also hope you are healing nicely, I can imagine its difficult recovering while looking after a newborn (although definitely worth it). When I had my ectopics removed I had a few small insertions but about an inch cut on my left side, I remember trying to lift myself out of bed and saying to my DH, 'I take my hat off to all the C-section ladies'!!

Dmama, glad to hear your little one is happy and I hope mummy gets so time to rest soon.

The holidays for me have been quiet, looking forward to the new year to begin. I am not allowed to have another transfer for 3 months so think we're looking at March time. It couldn't come quick enough, I am itching to get on again.

Hi to all the other bumps, babies and mummies.

Happy New Year xx

Beetle so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coolstar your baby is adorable!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and wishing all the best for 2016 and lots more babies!!!

xoxo

Coolstar your little boy is gorgeous massive congrats :happydance:

And beetle, so happy to hear your news :oneofeach: :happydance:

Boopin fab everything is in place! :happydance:

Thank you Ladies. And wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and lot more BFP's :) !!

Hi everyone =.)

I'd like to say how appreciative I am for finding this awesome thread full of super supportive and informative women. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't express myself here. You ladies are the best!!

Beetle - :wohoo: Congratulations on being preggers with identical twins. Cheers to a happy and healthy 9 months!! You give me inspiration that I can become pregnant, too. I'm not that far behind you in age (only 3 years). That's my biggest doubt/fear, that I can't become pregnant at 42. You give me so much hope. [-o<

I start my lupron injections tomorrow morning and I'm a bit nervous. Any advice or suggestions on how to give it? I'm assuming these shots are much easier to give than the progesterone - that's a big A** needle. :haha:

~*HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016*~

Congrats Beetle!

Praying for a sticky bean in the new year for those of us still waiting.

Happy new year ladies, I have woken with some new found hope today and feeling positive about our future. I hope everyone had a good holiday. I have taken the tree down and now just mince pies, chocolates, cheese and biscuits to eat, plenty of wine to drink and then I can get on with being fit and healthy again!

Bopping, great news on the first injection. Exciting that it's all started, here's to our first bfp of 2016 x

Pinkie - 2016 will be OUR year!! Don't ever give up on hope. We can't allow negative thoughts to hold our minds captive. We must remain happy, healthy, optimistic and relentless in our baby quest. We'll get there my friend!! :hugs: :friends:

Hi everyone, back from scan - we saw not 1 but 2 heartbeats! Even more amazing - we found we are expecting identical twins! Two amniotic sacs but both sharing one placenta! They found an area which may have caused the bleed and are happy all is ok as of today ....eek ...fingers crossed! ��
Massive congratulations!! It's do exciting when you hear that news, my twins are also identical, monochorionic/di amniotic, I can't remember where your based (UK or US?), however as your twins are identical you should get loads more scans, checkups etc than you would with a singleton. Twins are such a special gift and even though I've not had mine yet (13 days to go eek!), I know it's not double trouble, it's double the love. I'm so pleased for you. xx

Coolstar, he is gorgeous! Congratulations and I hope you're recovering well.
Boopin, glad your injection was ok, the PIO are not the nicest but they're also not that bad and I too think they helped with my BFP, as did 24 hr bed rest after transfer.
Pinkie and all you other ladies TTC I hope 2016 is your year, stick with it and be determined, your time WILL come! x

So I'm curious, how many here went to Reprofit ? How many tries before BFP and those that already had the babies... How was the donor matching? Does the baby look like you? It seems so many go there that I had to ask

So I'm curious, how many here went to Reprofit ? How many tries before BFP and those that already had the babies... How was the donor matching? Does the baby look like you? It seems so many go there that I had to ask
I went to Reprofit, first attempt failed, however we had two top grade frozen embryos and got pregnant with them. Babies due in 12 days time so no idea what they look like! We accepted the first donor as she sounded like a pretty good match (though not as tall as me), but I understand they would have given more options had we asked. I only have good things to say about Reprofit (and would have said the same even if treatment had not been successful), I'm sure one of the key things that helped it work was transfer under sedation as there had been difficulties in the past, my previous clinic didn't even consider this as an option. Good luck! x

LLbean, this was the only thread I could find on this site with DE ladies and of course they have all been wonderful :) but in terms of research into clinics I found Fertility Friend has a MASSIVE DE following and was nice to do a lot of reading on there. There are forums for each country and threads for each clinic in those countries so a lot of patients. I myself didn't go to reprofit but heard a lot of good things. If you'd like another recommendation I went to Newlife in Greece, they were a breath of fresh air compare to my previous cycles. Not successful yet but not their fault both my embryos decided to implant in the wrong place. Have high hope for FET. They are a small clinic only perform 600 cycles a year so a very personal touch. I also think even if the clinic matched your donor perfectly it could still skip a generation. My friend has a little girl who has red curly hair, they are still trying to figure out where it comes from lol! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->