Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hey boopin, I did progesterone jabs by choice, hated the first few de ivf's with messy oily white vjj beads, opted for injections after that. My DH was too chicken to give them to me & plus he never woke as early as I did for work...if you find them really hard I've heard a cold compress first can numb the area & stop the bruising (I was on blood thinners so prob bruised more than average). Squeeze the area hard and jab it in, I found a good hard squeeze often masked the jab. A gentle massage of the spot afterwards can get rid of ache later on. You'll do fine, it's often the thought of it that's scariest. I found hip jabs so much less painfull than leg - we use those lwg muscles an awful lot and it seemed to be so much more throbby in the leg xx

PC all the best tomorrow, I can't wait to hear all about it & see your wee cherubs!:twingirls:

Coolstar and 2have - Thanks for the great tips!! When I got off work tonight I drove straight over to Walmart and bought a hot & cold therapy pack. I already have 2 ice packs that I can use and I'll use the new one for the heat. I'll be injecting the estrogen in the upper outer quadrant of my buttocks. Thank goodness I only do those shots on Tuesdays and Fridays. :haha:

2have - LOL @ "messy white oily vjj beads". :rofl: That was too funny!! Unfortunately, starting tomorrow night I've got to insert the estradiol suppositories. What a "mess" I'm going to be (literally) for the next couple of weeks. But, so worth it!!

Hi ladies

can I join you again, I had an awful year which is why I've not been on, but finally back on track. I'm day one of my meds & lining scan booked for next Friday I then should get my date to fly out to Serum.

Congratulations to all the ladies who are pregnant or have had their baby's by now, there's too many posts for me to go through them all.

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all :flower:

Sienna, nice to see your post after so long . Fxed for your cycle. Keep us posted.

Thanks ladies it’s good to be back :)

Coolstar it’s lovely to see you have a little girl how’s things as a mum?

Boopin where are you having your transfer?

Sienna, sorry to hear you had an awful year and I hope we can support you in making this one much happier. Are you doing OE or DE cycle?

Boopin, how did the first injection go?

PC, your girls should be in the world now, I hope everything went well.

I went for my blood clot tests yesterday, they took quite a few tubes and I felt a little funny after but thankfully that is over and should have results by Monday.

Have a lovely weekend everyone :flower:

Hi ladies :flow:
Sienna - I'm doing DE IVF in California. Where's Serum?? Cheers to 2016 being a successful year for us all ttc!!
Pinkie - My first IM injection went like this... I drew up the estradiol valerate, set everything up and then I froze in front of the bathroom mirror for about an hour.. lol!! I numbed the site real good and I kept getting really close to the skin with the tip of the needle, even breaking the skin a couple of times. So, I had some bleeding. I finally, went on YouTube and was inspired by a surrogate's "how to" video. That gave me the courage to dart the needle through. To my amazement, I didn't feel a thing!! Then I applied my heat pack and massaged the medicine in. I was afraid of that big a** needle, but in hind sight it wasn't that bad. I have to do another on Sunday and then they'll be every Tuesday and Friday.
I hope your blood test comes back perfect. And you can get started on your FET cycle soooooon!! :thumbup:

Hi Sienna,welcome back lady! I'm sorry to hear your year was crappy, I hope this one brings you much joy. All the best with your next go xx

Boopin lol, i'm glad to hear you did it, see! It's all that head-fear. Really not so bad in real life.

Pinkie, all the best with your clot testing. I do more of this next month too with my hematologist. She spotted a protein something or other that was either too low or high after my mc of the two embies in my first DE ivf. So she wants to check if this may be a third clotting factor at play (good grief!) Have you had immunes done previously?

PC I hope you & the girls are doing well xx

Thanks Pinkie, I’m doing embryo adoption as I have old eggs & DH has sperm issues. Good luck with your blood test, where are you having your FET?

Boopin Serum is in Athens Greece; I went out there last year and visited the clinic when I went for a hysteroscopy in one of the local hospitals. I haven’t found the injections too bad apart from the bruises :(

Thanks 2have it’s lovely to see you finally have a little girl :)

Hey everyone.

So sorry I've been awol for a while. Just getting into the swing of having Tommy at home rather than weekly hospital stays. Still having outpatients apps for his tof and issues with his neck and feet but no surgery since 4th dec. He's 3 months now.

I hope you are all well. Massive congrats to the new mamas and those with bfps, and fx for everyone cycling.

Xxx

Hi Everyone - I've not been on the thread for months but quietly stalking, I can't keep up with all changes. Congratulations all the new Mammas, ladies with BFPs & lots of love to everyone still in the trenches.

Hi Sienna - sorry to hear you've had a tough year, hoping 2016 is a positive one. I'm really excited to hear you're going back to Serum. We did embryo donation there in June & I'm currently pregnant with twins. They should be here very soon & are possibly identical. Enjoy your trip there.

I'll update everyone when the babies are here safely, they've been wonderful babies in pregnancy but the hospital have worried me a little recently & ive been plagued with a terrible dream, so keeping my head down these last few weeks xxx

I meant to also say - Sienna good luck!

Mrs G - sounds like the last few months have been really tough, I hope Tommy has tuned the corner now.

MrsG, was thinking about you. Was really worried about Tommy but now I am glad to know that he is doing fine. He is already 3 months old wow, I am sorry you had a stressful few months. Hope you can enjoy some peaceful time with your DS now!!
Boopin, so happy to know that your IM injection went well.
Sienna, glad to know that you are going for Embryo adoption. I have read there are so many embryos waiting to have a home. I am keeping everything Xed for you.
Minxy, when is your EDD ? I am sorry I have lost track.
How are other ladies doing ?

Mrs G so glad to hear Tommy is home now!

Minxy I'm sure all will go very well. Sorry about your dream

To those of you that used Reprofit..who was your coordinator? I see several that speak English. I finally heard back from one person but the email seems quite broken English... also I responded with more questions and a week later I still have not heard so....

Hi, both babies are breach but I was down for an elective section Tuesday 26th Feb anyway - 36w exactly. I've another scan & appointment Thursday as they are worried one baby isn't growing as much. Counting the hours almost to check they are ok. Their growth was pretty much the same up til the 34w scan - last scan was 32w. I just worry my placenta is failing, ready to get these babies out now.

Minxy I understand now the concern. Soon they will be here and I am sure both will be fine. Hang in there. Hugs!

Mrs G Tommy is gorgeous, I’m glad to hear he’s back home :)

Thanks Minxy & congratulations on your twins, they’re going to be here before you know it. Which hotel did you stay in? Last time I stayed near the hospital for the hysteroscopy which was quiet away from Serum.

Hi mrs G, so glad to hear you're home and Tommy's doing doing better :hugs:
Minxy, hold on little beans! I hope the next few weeks go very smoothly for you. Time has flown, I can't believe you're time is here already. :dance:
Sienna, we stayed at the Melia. If you sign up with their rewards program before you book you can get free in-room internet for a stay of 5 days or more. Also, they have amazing food, a rooftop pool + restaurant that you can see the Parathenon & Acropolis from. The rooms are pretty newish with really comfy beds & marble bathrooms. It's a 15 min bus ride or a quick hop on the train to Serum. Have you got your fly date yet? Do say hi to Penny for me (Carmen) she's such a lovely enthusiastic lady!

Hi Sienna, thanks. I believe in Penny & the quality of their donor embryos.
We stayed at The President last time. It's within walking distance of Serum. Due to getting the best deal on flights we stayed 3 nights. The hotel is big, busy and the rooms to the standard of travel lodge. After all our IVFs we'd spent so much money we did this trip on the cheap & blew all the rules (on eating/drinking). I believe success lies in the embryo quality. I also had an endo scratch done in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->