Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Boopin as others have said it’s too early to see anything yet on the US, get plenty of rest. With your beta numbers it could be both had taken and you’ve lost one of them, I’m sure you still got one in there :hugs:

Stace, I can just tell you one thing from my experience about DE, when I was told my eggs were crappy and I should think about donor , I was very upset and cried ( considering my age at that time, I was just 30 ). The moment DS was born I feel so silly thinking that I ever cried. He is mine ( I don't think i would have felt any different if it was from my own egg ). I am glad that I went ahead with DE ( best decision I have ever made ). But then it's my opinion, you should do whatever you find peace in.

Boopin, how are you doing?
2have, seems like your friend is really selfish. And why the hell she won't take prenatal?

Coolstar I don't know but I'm def going to say something to her about the feedback she'd been giving me. I want to ask her why she didn't consider these things before she got pregnant.

Stacer you've done DE FET's but your lining has been too thin is that right? I'm sorry you've gone through so much still to not have success. All I can say is if the end goal is to have a baby in your arms consider all options. We were going to do our 7th IVF (4th DE) and we were on the adoption list before we got a fluke natural. But I was determined to do whatever it took, try again and again and again, surrogacy, adoption...I don't want to be an old lady without family by my side. You need to make your own choices and follow your heart, so my stubborn approach may not suit you but we're all here to support you whatever direction you choose.

Cool star, this is exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm glad you felt that way! I know deep down I'll feel that way, but I guess my fears just take over.

2have-thabka for the reply. We've been pretty stubborn in my opinion...and considered adoption but thought donor egg would be a better approach since it would have my husbands dna and I would be able to carry and give birth.

I was supposed to start meds today for our 3rd attempt at de fet but my progesterone levels show I didn't ovulate. I've never not ovulated that I know of, however I was super stressed last month so that could be why? But I feel like my body's failing me. Will we ever even make it to a transfer? Why all the road blocks in the meanwhile? My dh and I are mentally drained from this, and we've already bought the eggs so if we give up we lose $16k!!! I don't want to give up, but I kept help but wonder if gods trying to tell us something?

stacergirl, I think its only natural to have those fears about DE, there is always that worry in the back of my mind but I know its the right thing for us. I am not there yet but I believe what Coolstar says and that once I get pregnant and that baby is my arms I will wonder why I ever worried. Why cant you start your meds? Sorry this might be a blonde question but are you doing a natural cycle? If you don't ovulate can you not do a medicated one? I know it seems like everything is against you but stay strong it may take some time to get there but eventually you get that beautiful lining and that transfer.

Boopin, how are you?

2have, I really don't like people like your friend. It must be very frustrating for you to sit and listen to that. I reckon she is going to get a mouthful off you soon lol

Hi to everyone else, how are you all doing?

Again, sorry I don't get on here much anymore, I miss it. Only 3 more weeks left at work, thankfully, and this time in 4 week I will be flying home hopefully PUPO! I take my prostap injection tomorrow and then fun will begin. Time has gone quickly but I know these next 4 weeks are going to drag.

Have a good weekend all xx

Hi Ladies,

My repeat beta was 5,941 on Friday. It decreased from 8,266. The bleeding started back up on Friday as well. Not looking good. I've got a viability US scheduled on Tuesday 2/23. I'll keep you ladies updated. Thanks again for all of your support.

GL to all ttc and newly pregnant mommas to be. xx

I'm so sorry boopin, I'm still hoping you were having twins and lost one of them, sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh no I'm so sorry Booping...keep us posted. Hope there is still one in there

stacergirl as I told a friend of mine who did DE... you are only borrowing one tiny cell, the rest is all you so even looking at Epigenetics YOU are the one that will determine so much on that baby

Freedom Pharmacy published this great booklet about egg donation — here an excerpt:

“Perhaps the greatest myth surrounds pregnancy. Many believe the uterus is simply an incubator. Nothing could be further from the truth. The most important aspect of all pregnancies- including egg donation pregnancies- is that as the fetus grows, every cell in the developing body is built out of the pregnant mother’s body. Tissue from her uterine lining will contribute to the formation of the placenta, which will link her and her child. The fetus will use her body’s protein, then she will replace it. The fetus uses her sugars, calcium, nitrates, and fluids, and she will replace them. So, if you think of your dream child as your dream house, the genes provide merely a basic blueprint, the biological mother takes care of all the materials and construction, from the foundation right on up to the light fixtures. So, although her husband’s aunt Sara or the donor’s grandfather may have genetically programmed the shape of the new baby’s earlobe, the earlobe itself is the pregnant woman’s “flesh and blood.” That means the earlobe, along with the baby herself, grew from the recipient’s body. That is why she is the child’s biological mother. That is why this child is her biological child.”

In a donor egg pregnancy, the pregnant woman’s womb is the environment.It is her genes, not the donor’s, that determine the expression of thedonor-egg baby’s genes.

A donor egg baby gets her genes from the donor; she gets the‘instructions’ on the expression of those genes from the woman who carries her to term

Hi Ladies,

My repeat beta was 5,941 on Friday. It decreased from 8,266. The bleeding started back up on Friday as well. Not looking good. I've got a viability US scheduled on Tuesday 2/23. I'll keep you ladies updated. Thanks again for all of your support.

GL to all ttc and newly pregnant mommas to be. xx

I am so sorry Boopin :hugs:

I'm sitting here at work physically, but my mind is somewhere else. I'm extremely sad today as I hold on to a sliver of hope until my scan. Although, I know in my heart that my pregnancy is over. I've been crying off and on since Wednesday. This really sucks!! I keep asking myself, "What could I have done differently to have prevented this?" Ofcourse, I know there isn't anything I could have done at all. I can't help but review everything in my mind and wonder, "What if...?" :cry:

This situation is heartbreaking. Everyday I still give myself hormone injections, knowing instinctively that I lost my pregnancy. I can't stop my medications until the results of my viability scan. Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

Thanks for all the hugs and kind words. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you wonderful ladies to talk to. xx

Oh Boopin I got so emotional reading that. I don't want it to be true. I'm still holding onto hope that it's still ok. There's absolutely nothing you did.. it's one of those really sucky things. Oh Tuesday that seems forever away. I'm so wanting everything to be ok for you. Hang in there xxxxxxxxxx

stacergirl as I told a friend of mine who did DE... you are only borrowing one tiny cell, the rest is all you so even looking at Epigenetics YOU are the one that will determine so much on that baby

Freedom Pharmacy published this great booklet about egg donation — here an excerpt:

“Perhaps the greatest myth surrounds pregnancy. Many believe the uterus is simply an incubator. Nothing could be further from the truth. The most important aspect of all pregnancies- including egg donation pregnancies- is that as the fetus grows, every cell in the developing body is built out of the pregnant mother’s body. Tissue from her uterine lining will contribute to the formation of the placenta, which will link her and her child. The fetus will use her body’s protein, then she will replace it. The fetus uses her sugars, calcium, nitrates, and fluids, and she will replace them. So, if you think of your dream child as your dream house, the genes provide merely a basic blueprint, the biological mother takes care of all the materials and construction, from the foundation right on up to the light fixtures. So, although her husband’s aunt Sara or the donor’s grandfather may have genetically programmed the shape of the new baby’s earlobe, the earlobe itself is the pregnant woman’s “flesh and blood.” That means the earlobe, along with the baby herself, grew from the recipient’s body. That is why she is the child’s biological mother. That is why this child is her biological child.”

In a donor egg pregnancy, the pregnant woman’s womb is the environment.It is her genes, not the donor’s, that determine the expression of thedonor-egg baby’s genes.

A donor egg baby gets her genes from the donor; she gets the‘instructions’ on the expression of those genes from the woman who carries her to term

I absolutely love this! Thanks so much! I knew you all would be so helpful! I think I'm feeling better about the DE aspect. I think I'm just sick of them finding more stuff wrong with me. I know these aren't big life threatening things, but geez, I already know I have endometriosis, I have extremely low Amh, I don't respond well to meds, my lining won't get thick, I had a cyst and now I didn't ovulate. It's frustrating as I'm sure you all can relate. It's causing my anxiety to go through the roof, for fear they're always going to find something wrong with me!

Boopin-I'm really praying for you! Hang in there! You may be pleasantly surprised! Hugs!!

Stacegirl...are they putting you on estrogen to increase the lining?

Llbean-They want to do estrogen injections. I was supposed to start Saturday but since I didn't ovulate last cycle, I can't start til next cycle. So I have to wait til cd 21 and then go in to see if I ovulated. If so I can start meds after.

Boopin how you doing today, have you stopped bleeding? :hugs:

Stacergirl I don’t get why your clinic needs you to ovulate if you are using donor eggs, mine was a medicated cycle and I didn’t ovulate.

Oh Boopin :hugs: , I know it's tough. Nothing I can say can make you feel better . But I can assure one thing that you have done everything that could be done. Don't blame it on yourself. One year back me and PC had a failed DE IVF cycle around this time, we never had a BFP and I was doubting that can I ever get pregnant . Now both of us are holding our babies. Be strong , we are here for you :flower: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->