Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hi ladies! Hope you're having a good weekend. I was curious, do you ladies do bed rest after transfer? And if so for how long? It's kinda late now for me but Wednesday after transfer I layed in bed and my sister took care of my son, Thursday I worked from home so I was in bed ythe majority of the day. Friday I worked but sat down all day. Saturday I stayed home with my son all day. I've been trying to avoid carrying him as much as possible and even trained him to climb in and out of the car, but of course I'm worried I did too much. Do you think that's ok? I only did bed rest with my DS the day of transfer and was back to work the next day sitting at my desk. So I obviously know it's possible but so many people are telling me bed rest that I'm worried I didn't go enough. Tia!

I didn't do bed rest as such. I just took it easy and was fortunate it was the Easter weekend so had a few days off work. However, i was just doing normal things - went shopping with my mum, had family for dinner etc. I haven't been lifting anything heavy. It sounds as if what you are doing is fine. None of my clinics have said to have bed rest, they just advised going about as normal. Xxx

Boopin I’ll be thinking of you on Monday I hope it’s not too long before you have your FET :)

Stacergirl I’m sure you haven’t done too much, my instructions were no heavy lifting and no strenuous exercise, one of the ladies on here described it to me like the embryo is in a jam sandwich :)

Boopin I’ll be thinking of you on Monday I hope it’s not too long before you have your FET :)

Stacergirl I’m sure you haven’t done too much, my instructions were no heavy lifting and no strenuous exercise, one of the ladies on here described it to me like the embryo is in a jam sandwich :)

Stace yes that is what I was told too when I did IVF... I was worried about getting up so quickly and they said its not going anywhere, jam was the description lol

I survived oral surgery!! I was under general anesthesia and a local. I didn't feel a thing and at the moment I'm experiencing minimal discomfort. The Dentist prescribed me Percocet for the pain. :loopy:

Also, my Nurse called today with my FET schedule. All medications will be delivered by Friday. And I'll start Lupron this Saturday. My FET is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday 5/18. I'm so excited!! Woo Hoo!! :yipee:

OMG that is wonderful Booping! I conceived my daughter on May 19!

Ohh Boopin that's exciting.. I'm not going to stop checking this board until your pregnant. The same goes with everyone else.

Goodluck Stacergirl for your FET! I didn't do anything in particular.. I did have acupuncture before and after.. and I went to the gym before my transfer to get the circulation going.. I think I rested that day, the next day I went to lunch with my Mum and we did the beach walk and it was pouring down.. and I thought oh man I was meant to be resting. I did look up crazy food things to do.. But I just kept it healthy and tried not to stress. I think I watched something funny.. and I told my husband he was 'up funny boy and to do his job'.. ha ha ha

Yay boopin, v excited for you. Glad to hear it wasn't too much pain with the wisdom teeth. Can you believe I don't have any wisdom teeth? Crazy, my heigenist didn't believe me and said well we better do an xray to find out and I said, haven't you got years and years of xrays on fe that you could look at? She was a complete duff, anyways she went & lookedand voila, no wisdoms. Thank goodness, I hate surgery stuff!
I too have always worked out a wee but around transfer time but don't recommend it if you don't regularly do this. Keep your body free of inflammation, avoid high carb, high sugar, eat turmeric, garlic, & curries (and if you like them, hot peppers are super super anti-inflammatory too. Anti-inflammatory foods category - IF Nutrition Data list here: https://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000992000000000000000.html)
And def do some gentle walking & your fav pastime ie reading/movies/coffee with a friend. Keep the stress low, keep the tummy warm (warm pack, hot tea, before transfer)

2have - That is crazy!! No wisdom teeth at all?! I thought I was a special case because I only had 3 (never had a 4th). You have me beat girlfriend with 0!! LOL@ your hygienist being a "complete duff". :rofl:

Boopin--I'm so glad the surgery went well. Why did you have to have your wisdom teeth out now?

We get to be cycle buddies!! :happydance: I start lupron this Friday and the expected retrieval date is May 16. It will be great to go through this with someone!

My box of meds came on Saturday. Exciting! The first thing I did was pull out the progesterone in oil needles just to torture myself. Confirmation: they are really scary. DH is not good with needles, but I had to show him to ease my suffering, and he kinda freaked out. He feels terrible for me but says he can't do it, wishes I hadn't shown them to him.

Miranda--how are you doing??? I see you are "officially" pregnant, at least according to your siggy line! :winkwink:

Boopin-glad your oral surgery went well! It's funny bc my dentist said some get none, but some get 6 or 8!! I was shocked!! Awesome you have a tentative transfer date! I think pinkies transferring around that time too so looks like there's 3 of you!! :)

Best of luck to everyone starting injections!!

Vonn-I hate the progesterone injections. I've been doing them For almost 2 weeks now and I have to continue to 12 weeks. but I'm so lucky I also get to do estrogen injections every 3 days in my rear too, and I've been doing those for a month now!! Eesh! Everytime I stick it in I curse the women who just have sex and get pregnant! Lol I'm kidding but not really! Anywho, Ice the area before hand as I think the needle breaks the skin easier and I do mine by myself! I don't have a choice currently but last year when I did have a choice I preferred to do them on my own! They honestly don't really hurt too much! Good luck!!!

Ladies, this is a public service announcement! IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO RANDOMLY DO A HPT AT >6 WEEKS!!!!!!
I stupidly did a test this morning at work and have freaked myself, husband and mum out when my line was considerably lighter.
Much googling later in a bid to passify myself I came across the "hook effect" where the test can be neg or line can fade when the hcg levels are high and overwhelm the test.
I took another sample and diluted my urine with water and low and behold the line is darker again. Have enclosed photos of the two tests side by side this morning. The pale one is undiluted urine.
Holy crap, I am stepping away from any testing until my scan on friday or my husband will murder me.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
Yay boopin, v excited for you. Glad to hear it wasn't too much pain with the wisdom teeth. Can you believe I don't have any wisdom teeth? Crazy, my heigenist didn't believe me and said well we better do an xray to find out and I said, haven't you got years and years of xrays on fe that you could look at? She was a complete duff, anyways she went & lookedand voila, no wisdoms. Thank goodness, I hate surgery stuff!
I too have always worked out a wee but around transfer time but don't recommend it if you don't regularly do this. Keep your body free of inflammation, avoid high carb, high sugar, eat turmeric, garlic, & curries (and if you like them, hot peppers are super super anti-inflammatory too. Anti-inflammatory foods category - IF Nutrition Data list here: https://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000992000000000000000.html)
And def do some gentle walking & your fav pastime ie reading/movies/coffee with a friend. Keep the stress low, keep the tummy warm (warm pack, hot tea, before transfer)

LOL and I have ALL my teeth, not needing to remove any. My dentist is amazed LOL and no, never had braces either

Ladies, this is a public service announcement! IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO RANDOMLY DO A HPT AT >6 WEEKS!!!!!!
I stupidly did a test this morning at work and have freaked myself, husband and mum out when my line was considerably lighter.
Much googling later in a bid to passify myself I came across the "hook effect" where the test can be neg or line can fade when the hcg levels are high and overwhelm the test.
I took another sample and diluted my urine with water and low and behold the line is darker again. Have enclosed photos of the two tests side by side this morning. The pale one is undiluted urine.
Holy crap, I am stepping away from any testing until my scan on friday or my husband will murder me.

woah that is weird and I too would have flipped out! Good to know! yeah stay away from the tests and Friday will be here in no time!

Boopin--I'm so glad the surgery went well. Why did you have to have your wisdom teeth out now?

We get to be cycle buddies!! :happydance: I start lupron this Friday and the expected retrieval date is May 16. It will be great to go through this with someone!

My box of meds came on Saturday. Exciting! The first thing I did was pull out the progesterone in oil needles just to torture myself. Confirmation: they are really scary. DH is not good with needles, but I had to show him to ease my suffering, and he kinda freaked out. He feels terrible for me but says he can't do it, wishes I hadn't shown them to him.

Miranda--how are you doing??? I see you are "officially" pregnant, at least according to your siggy line! :winkwink:

Vonn are you using your own eggs again? I saw retrieval so not sure if its your eggs or doing a fresh donor cycle.

When we did IVF and they showed my hubby the needles for the progesterone shots he was to administer to me he started crying in panic LOL poor guy, he was freaking out but then he got a little too much pleasure out of it...I had to yell at him a few times LOL

FXd for you!!!!!:flower:

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

Stacergirl, I hope you are coping ok in the tww? How are you feeling?

bOoping, sorry to hear you had to have those wisdom teeth out, ouch. glad it was a success and now you can concentrate on moving forward with the FET.

Bluebell, step away from the tests, I have heard of the hook effect too and as your first beta was so high this wouldn't surprise me. I am looking forward to hearing about your scan on Friday.

Vonn, it all starts to feel very real once all the Meds arrive, thankfully I am using pessaries. My estimated EC is 16th May too. I took my prostap injection today and will finish bfp on Friday, fingers crossed everything else will go to plan from there.

I hope this thread starts to get some more good news soon X

oh wow Pinkie you as well!!! Yes it is looking good ladies! Who knows, maybe I too can join in the fun hehehe

oh wow Pinkie you as well!!! Yes it is looking good ladies! Who knows, maybe I too can join in the fun hehehe

We'd love you to jump on board, we can return some of the support you have given us X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->