Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hi Ladies :hugs:

Transfer went well. We put back 2 (4BA & 4BB) day 5 embryos. I just woke up from a nap after watching Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Laying in bed now with my laptop. Keeping warm & cozy. Thx for your support!!

Reading about blasts vs Morula transfers.... Has anyone here had a morula instead of a blastocyst transferred? Interesting how two different stages of development are used. When are you testing boopin? Can't wait to see all those BFPs!

Congrats on being pupo boopin and pinkie 😃

LL I had a day 3 transfer. Is that a morula?!

A morula is almost a blastocyst, so not a 3 day but almost I guess? Basically the stage before blastocyst

Boopin, congratulations on being pupo, glad to hear the transfer went well. Wishing you the best of luck :hugs:

Is your OTD 1st April?

Crystal I love Disney world your girls will love it, you need to go with what feels right and if that means waiting to transfer I would do that.

Boopin congratulations on being PUPO :dust:

Boopin congrats!!! That is wonderful can't wait to see those lines :)

Liz, the only downside that I've ever read about transferring a morula is that they can drop off as they hit that blastocyst stage. That said just because an embryo gets to blastocyst does not mean it is viable either. So I guess it's decided at the time and what the best chances are for this particular embryos

Sienna, yeah twins are a lot of work and I just don't want to transfer too early and realise we should have waited. I'm 41 and would be 42 at transfer if I wait. I have time and I want to be positive we want to have more kids. The girls could get closer to two and We think umm no way lol! We tried so long and so hard to have them, I just want to do this with them even though they won't remember but we can take them back when they will remember. It's just a fun family holiday for all of us to enjoy :)

2have!!! NOT LONG!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Pinkie, how are you feeling?

Boopin, will you be testing early? I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you and you can rest & relax now, let those little beans find their home. :bunny::wohoo::dance:

Crystal DH and I went to DisneyWorld together and we both had an amazing time. We did Epcot and Hollywood Studios, they were so awesome DH wanted to stay longer to go into the kids Magic Kingdom & Water park. So I said, once we have kids we'll come back for a whole week and stay here. They also had really great outlet stores for Athletic North Face gear & such in Orlando. I can't wait, both of us are so excited to do that again we're giddy like kids:haha:
What a lovely holiday, I'll be living through you when you go with your girls...you'll have to post the photos on fb!

Well I did my scan today, I came in at 10mm for thickness but with a fibroid of 6mm. I am nervous and worried but there's no turning back as everything has been bought & paid for. They will stick, I've overcome weird obstacles before and I'll overcome this.

2have, I would think we'll do The Magic Kingdom, Epcot and The Animal Kingdom and save the rest for when their older :) if we survive flights with them haha! They'll be under a 2 years so considered infants but no thanks we'll pay for children's seats I cannot imagine a flight from Australia to Orlando with an 18 month old on my lap. There's some flights with layovers in Auckland or Huston which would be good to break it up for them. YES shopping!! Shit is sooo expensive here compared to the US so even with exchange rates we're way ahead. Mark better hide the plastic:haha:

Sorry forgot to add I was at Disney World years ago so and Mark has never been so will be exciting for him. He just gets joy seeing the girls giggle, that's what we live for really isn't it? I'm hoping the older two will be able to go back with us in a few years and maybe do Christmas.

2have...what is the issue with the fibroid? is it in a spot that would create problems? can they remove it?

2have, I would think we'll do The Magic Kingdom, Epcot and The Animal Kingdom and save the rest for when their older :) if we survive flights with them haha! They'll be under a 2 years so considered infants but no thanks we'll pay for children's seats I cannot imagine a flight from Australia to Orlando with an 18 month old on my lap. There's some flights with layovers in Auckland or Huston which would be good to break it up for them. YES shopping!! Shit is sooo expensive here compared to the US so even with exchange rates we're way ahead. Mark better hide the plastic:haha:

you should have a lay over in Atlanta ;-)

Huston and Auckland so far are the layovers but would let you know of course if any come up:)

Llb, fibroids over 4cm can impede implantation. Anything 4 and under seems to show no evidence of causing problems - either implantation or mc. But with already having to deal with immune issues I just didn't want more uncertainty. I've only ever had a cyst from the bcp that was aspirated quite easily (bcp is evil!) and never ever a polyp or fibroid. Always had a great lining too so this was just unexpected.

I wouldn't think a surgery this close to transfer would leave me in good condition for a bean to stick and there's no way our medical system csn accommodate this at such short notice.

Crystal shopping in the states is great, but it was much better when our dollar was slightly above par the last time I was in New York. The Orlando shopping outlets shocked me, plentiful and still a fantastic deal but we could do with a stronger loonie here in Canada (loonie being the name of our dollar bill) Right now Canada is sucking wind against the greenback so I'll hold on for a bit to vacation there. Hopefully in a few years it'll be better. Not sure how the Aussie dollar fairs, you guys have had quite a strong economy in recent years yes?

EDIT: ok, I think I'm stressing over this fibroid for no good reason. It measured 6mm intramural (whatever that means) and now that I've read all of the studies they're talking cm! Good god, thst'd be ping pong ball size!

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/fibroids-and-fertility
https://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/5/1244.full

My consult is in an hour and a half. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
ll I had a morula transferred. It was 12-24 hours behind a blast. My RE said they had high success rates with them, but I obviously didn't.

wave:Ladies! How are you all?! Just dropping in to say hello
:wave: And to say congrats on being PUPO to Pinkie and Boopin! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you all. I haven't been on for ages but I do keep tabs from afar! I note that a few of you were asking about twins - I got pregnant with twins via donor egg with a day 3 transfer (age 45!). At the time I was hoping for blasts but we only had 3 fertilised donor eggs to play with and only 2 made it to day 3. They put both back in, one didn't work and the other separated. So if you do have a day 3 transfer its not necessarily the end of the world! All good with me - but the size of a small building already! C Section has been booked for 29th July but I'm seriously not sure whether I'll get that far! If you are interested, I started a blog after my 20 week scan. Anyway take care and good luck to all continuing their quest ... never lose the faith. If I can do it at my age, anyone can. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->