Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Amazing and Incredible 2have!! You may have your twins with a 2nd line showing that fast!! :happydance: :headspin: :dance:

So much fantastic news lately! I'm beyond thrilled for each of you and praying that everything continues to progress well for all of you!! You're making me want to hurry up and cycle to jump on this good luck train!!

Afm- the reason the dr suggested waiting is simply just because he thinks it would be good to get my stress level down is all. I agree, it's been rough lately.

I'm with you, stacer! My plan is to try another medicated IUI in July. If that doesn't work, DH and I are going to start stashing money away for a DE IVF in Greece.

Congratulations Pinkie I’m so pleased for you :happydance:

2have congratulations that’s lovely news :happydance:

Stacergirl a couple of months will fly by

Congratulations Boopin fantastic news :happydance:

Bluebell lovely scan pic thanks for sharing

2have--whoa, that's amazing! :bfp: Congrats on the quick positive. Can't wait to see your betas!

It's so fun to see all this success! I hope that's me next time around. I have a local in-person donor conception support group that I go to & that hasn't been so lucky. The last two women have had retrievals with 13 and 18 eggs, respectively, but neither has made it to transfer. One ended up with 2 blasts and a crappy lining, so had to freeze. The other is hoping maybe one morula will keep growing & can still have transfer, though she was supposed to have it yesterday. The good luck on here is balancing out the bad luck there. I'm nervous because my cheaper program is due to egg sharing, so I will only end up with 7 eggs (unless we purchase more). How many did you all have at retrieval to start with? Our donor hasn't donated before, but does have two of her own children; should that reassure me a little about potential success? I'm really holding on to your positive stories to keep me sane and hopeful!!

2have--whoa, that's amazing! :bfp: Congrats on the quick positive. Can't wait to see your betas!

It's so fun to see all this success! I hope that's me next time around. I have a local in-person donor conception support group that I go to & that hasn't been so lucky. The last two women have had retrievals with 13 and 18 eggs, respectively, but neither has made it to transfer. One ended up with 2 blasts and a crappy lining, so had to freeze. The other is hoping maybe one morula will keep growing & can still have transfer, though she was supposed to have it yesterday. The good luck on here is balancing out the bad luck there. I'm nervous because my cheaper program is due to egg sharing, so I will only end up with 7 eggs (unless we purchase more). How many did you all have at retrieval to start with? Our donor hasn't donated before, but does have two of her own children; should that reassure me a little about potential success? I'm really holding on to your positive stories to keep me sane and hopeful!!

Vonn thanks for the kind words. I hope you sail on through to a bfp very soon. About your donor, my fs told us that the person's response to gonadotropins is important and her age is what will indicate the likely response & how many eggs (younger = more quality eggs). The strongest correlation to poor quality eggs is age with genetic issues (DOR,PCOS and other things that effect infertility) a runner up.

Vonn - Our donor is 24 & without children. She yielded 16 eggs, 14 mature, 10 fertilized w/ICSI and 5 made it to blastocysts.

I believe that the age of the donor combined with sperm quality make the difference in the success of your embryos. I'm wishing you the best outcome with your LUCKY 7!! Remember that it only takes 1.. GL!! :hugs:

sienna - How are you doing lovely lady?? What are your next steps?? xoxo

Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well. It looks like the tests are gradually getting darker. The first one was done late at night the second early morning and I'll go for beta testing later this week.
image.jpg

Oh 2have how awesome! Well done!!

I"almost" joined you guys in the BFPs this month but it was a CP/MC it seems...oh well, at least my body does seem to be working.

2have!!!! YAY again congrats lovely lady that test looks exactly like mine at 3dp5dt I think your twinnies have buckled in:baby::baby: I am so chuffed for you xx:happydance::happydance:

Pinkie, those are awesome numbers hmmm maybe two for you as well!!!:thumbup::happydance:

it's ok, I will live, at least we have a plan in place now

Liz, if you're using your own eggs does your healthcare provide free Harmony testing for you? I was terrified with MacKinley that she'd be Trisomy effected. I was 39 at the time with Mack, doctors consider every woman over 35 high risk because chromosomally 1 in 3 pregnancies are either mc or trisomy (pretty high odds of something going wrong) and so I qualified for the free trial. We were not willing to announce without this reassurance then and even now, I've got the lab for this pregnancy on my bookmarked pages. We'll have to fork out $900 for it but even though my embies are fresh as lettuce from 22 year old donors, I still want to ensure that the child's health comes first by testing comprehensively. Most doctors recommend this for 35+ but seeing that as you say, your system is functioning, if you do get pregnant have you thought about this or checked to see if your health insurance covers the testing?

2have I keep meaning to ask if you'll do the harmony test with yours again? We were going to with the girls but there was confusion as to whether it was reliable with twins. When I thought about mentioning it at the twins clinic we were ready for the 20 week scan but would 100% do it again if we had another���� our 12 week tests were fine but Harmony does give peace of mind completely and you'll know if it's two girls or at least one boy !!

Haha you just answered never mind:haha:

He he, yes without a doubt. You know in Europe (Italy etc) they do it with your initial check up automatically after 35. My gf was told to terminate as she had a trisomy baby. They pay very little pubilic health insurance for handicapped children due to aging chromosomal problems thanks to a very regimented mandate. I thought this was quite forward thinking. It's strange though because I thought they were a very religious bunch and you'd think this advice would be hard to impose/accept. I just enjoy seeing how other countries take care of their women. Here it seems we have to do everything for ourselves and most GP's aren't all that wise about advising high risk women (and in the North Anerican medical community high risk = any woman over 35). A good example of that is my regional fertility clinic and them telling me they tested for immune issues when they tested for 1 of maybe 25 immune problems. Then they discounted all of the clotting issues saying that wouldn't effect my ability to carry. Actually it's not only an impediment to me carrying it's a life or death situation for me as clotting can be fatal. Well it's ironic that the only pregnancy of 3 that I was able to complete was while I was on Celexane/Lovenox and prednisone. I can't sleep on prednisone but hmmm, it's a no brainer, baby or sleep? I'll do what needs to be done, including the Harmony testing, for baby's sake <3<3

I actually quite like how things are done here in Australia, there's full public system mind you the wait's are longer etc, then there's the private side so I can pay to see a doctor privately and Medicare which all Australians have will cover a portion of the appointment and I would pay the rest. We also have public hospitals which are great or we can buy private health cover which covers private hospital care. So there's a choice there and it frees up the public system a bit if those that can buy private cover do so. Both systems work well and it's always the patients choice if they want public or to go private. I have private with pregnancy/IVF cover so would go private but you get my point it's a choice and I think countries need to give choice so those that can't afford medical care still have it and those that choose to go the private route and pay extra have that choice as well:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->