Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Ladies,

The pathology report is in. We were pregnant with a normal male embryo. So, now I'm left wondering why he didn't continue to grow?? :shrug: I'm sure now my RE will want to run a bunch of tests on me before I attempt my final FET. I'm perplexed as to why my pregnancy failed. Still no closure, just more questions.

Honestly, this news is hitting me hard. I didn't think that the results would effect me like this, but they are. I was pregnant with the son I've always wanted and he didn't survive. I'm going to have a sad day today. :cry:

Boopin, have you asked what it is exactly you'll be tested for? There's a list of reproductive immunology reports on Dr. Beers website under the left 'Testing' tab here:
https://www.repro-med.net/natural-killer-nk-cell-assay
I'd be interested to know if they're doing the standard blood clot test that my home clinic did on me (and turned up negative) or the in depth immunes that RI's typically carry out. My fs said there was nothing wrong to be causing my mc's. It was only after the RI diagnosed my clotting issues that I went back and asked for a complete copy of my charts to find out they hasn't tested for anything immune related. It's worth asking questions at this point.

2have - I haven't spoke with my RE yet. I have a follow up appointment with him on Friday 7/22. He's going to work with my Kaiser OB to get all the necessary labs and diagnostic tests ordered. They're actually former colleagues and are going to work together to try and figure this all out. My fertility clinic is out of the Kaiser network. So, I'm attempting to get as much stuff ordered through my Kaiser doctor as possible. Otherwise, it's all OOP costs. Thanks for the Dr. Beers link. I'll discuss those tests with my RE. I've already had a couple of the tests done with normal results. I definitely want to have the NK cells test and another hysteroscopy performed.

I'll take any info/tips you have into consideration. Thank you 2have. I really want to set my self up for success this next go around. It'll be my final FET and it's imperative that I've done all that I can do for it to be successful. Every transfer I get a little further in the process. Hopefully, the 3rd time will be the charm!! Fx'd...

Boopin--oh, I can totally understand how upset this could/would make you. That information just makes it all feel even more "real," for lack of a better term (since I know it is all too real for you already). The fact that it was a normal embie is good reassurance about the donor and the final little embie you have. It will be good to be as thorough as possible with all the testing to try and figure out the problem. Good luck as you navigate all of it. I hope you get answers. You deserve them. :hugs:

Before I started with the DE stuff I tried to get as much immune testing as possible. It was hard because I didn't have any recurrent losses to justify the testing. I was just a slighty off-her-rocker, nit-picky middle aged woman being a pain in the @ss. Or, at least that's the way I felt the insurance company and my RE thought about me. I went through the RE for what he would approve and begged my primary care dr to do whatever she would. The insurance company told me yes then no on whether tests would be covered. It was not easy. And there were a bunch of tests neither dr would do & insurance wouldn't cover. I did not go to the trouble of seeking out an RI and paying out of pocket for the remainder. I may if I have even one failure. There's too many examples of immune factors causing problems and once addressed--poof!--pregnant.

Boopin, were you on aspirin and steroids for your transfer?
Yes, I was on Medrol and 81 mg aspirin for both transfers. I'm definitely going to ask for the NK cells test and another hysteroscopy. What was the protocol for your successful transfer?? xx

I'd ask for Antiphospholipid Antibody, NKC's, Thrombophelia and MTFKR. Those are the most common, Antiphosphipid Antibodies super common in women over 35 and requires Celexane/Lovenox injectables to carry a baby to birth. Most RE's/OB's/GP's can order the more common tests like Thrombophelia, APS (Antiphosphipid Antibodies), Thrombophelia, and MTFKR but NKC's and the others might be a diagnosis by a proper immunology doctor. If you had MYFKR you'd need to get on folate instead of folic acid. I take folate anyway as it avoids taxing your liver to convert it so your body can use it. My RE reassured me they tested for clotting and covered 1 of about 5 common clot issues. I was really upset and felt they'd pulled the blinders on me. RE's, OB's & GP's just have a different field of practice than immunogists.

2have - I've had the Cardiolipin Antibody & Lupus Anticoagulant tests done and both are negative. I have an AB+ blood type with a negative Antibody Screen.

It doesn't look like I have any blood clotting disorders, but I think I should test for the MTHFR and NK cells just to completely rule it out. I might need an endometrial biopsy, too. I'll mention these things to my doctor. I'll probably need to tweek my meds a bit differently next transfer depending on my test results. I'm curious to hear what my doctor has to say. I'll update you after my f/u appointment.

How are you feeling?? You're almost to your 2nd trimester. I can't wait to see scan pictures of the twins!! <3<3 :happydance:

Feeling hungry alll the time and that's not a good thing when the GP has told me the gym is off limits. We did a massive hill walk today and I pushed DD alm the way up. It was great. Other than that, next scan is wed, can't wait. Just working on baby announcements right now.

Fx they can rule something out for you boopin xx

Sorry I have not been on here much recently but have been trying to stay up to date.

Boopin, what devastating news that your little one was perfect, I am so sorry. I truly hope your clinic work with you to find out why this is happening.

Vonn, wonderful news on your new donor, I hope this is it for you.

I hope everyone is well, babies, bumps and cycles. Thinking of you all :hugs:

Thanks, Pinkie. And how are you?!?

Boopin--Good luck with getting everything ready for your appt on Friday. I am so curious about what the dr will say.

2have--can't wait to hear about the scan on Wed!

Vonn I&#8217;m in the UK, I&#8217;m planning to have my hysteroscopy late October then cycle in November, flights to Prague are quiet cheap from the UK. I&#8217;m glad to hear you have found a donor, fingers crossed the genetic tests come back ok.

Boopin I&#8217;m so sorry for your news, it does sound like you possibly have immune issues what meds were you on for your cycle, I hope you find what&#8217;s wrong and get on the right protocol.

Vonn, I am doing good thank you, anxiously waiting for my 12 week scan on Monday. Still feeling sick and hoping this passes soon but at the moment just making the most of my better days and riding out the bad.

2have, I think you have your scan today. Best of luck, let us know how it goes x

Vonn, I am doing good thank you, anxiously waiting for my 12 week scan on Monday. Still feeling sick and hoping this passes soon but at the moment just making the most of my better days and riding out the bad.

2have, I think you have your scan today. Best of luck, let us know how it goes x

Hi pinkie, I hope you feel better soon! xx

Scan went perfectly :happydance:
Here's MacKinley's baby sibling announcement that went out today:
image.jpg

Hi pinkie, I hope you feel better soon! Scan went perfectly :happydance:
Here's MacKinley's baby sibling announcement that went out today:
View attachment 958090

love it! so that must mean all is perfect n the scan, correct? SO COOL!!!!!

Yup, scan was perfect so now back to work to get hours for another mat leave :argh::comp:
Coffee with the colleagues tomorrow.

Llbean how are things moving along for you?

Arh 2have, you've made such an effort to make that a lovely announcement. Wonderful news that everything went well with the scan.

Good luck with heading back to work tomorrow.

X

hi girls! :wave: I hope you don't mind me popping in! I'll go back and read some back stories but I apologize in advance that I can't go back too far!! Certainly not 330+ pages! :)

Vonn told me about this thread - I'm going to be moving to DE hopefully after tomorrow. I have a consult with my RE to talk about who-knows-what. This is probably her hand-off of me to the DE team.

A little about me - I'm 40, turning 41 in Dec. DH and I have been trying for 3 yrs. We moved to IVF May 2015 and immediately got pregnant, but lost it at around 7 weeks. Each other try was unsuccessful, one being a chemical. So I've tried 3 fresh cycles, 1 downgraded to an IUI b/c of poor follicle response, one FET and one Letrozole IUI cycle. I have DOR so it's time to give up on my own eggs and try someone else's! DH's stuff is perfectly fine, so it's definitely all me.

But I'm excited to start this final journey. DE or bust!!

Welcome to the thread Wish!! Most of us are DE IVF: mamas, ttc mamas & mamas to be. You'll fit right in. :winkwink: :hugs:

2 have, love your baby announcement. That is gorgeous. So glad to hear your scan went well. Fab news xx
Pinkie, the nausea is a good sign. Fingers crossed it will settle soon. I felt so much better when I hit about 11 weeks. Roll on Monday :flower:
Wish - welcome. You have come to the right place for expertise on DE IVF for sure. The ladies on here are a fountain of knowledge x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->