Inconceivable and beyond :-)

So I'm curious .... If so many people potentially have issues with folic acid vs folate why don't they just use folate in the prenatals? Maybe I missed something

So I'm curious .... If so many people potentially have issues with folic acid vs folate why don't they just use folate in the prenatals? Maybe I missed something

If so many women complain of upset tummy & constipation in pregnancy why don't they put an easy to digest iron without calcium in the prenatals? I chalk it up to design, how many uncomfortable shoes are there? Ill fitting clothes? With health & pregnancy you have to take care of yourself. Maybe the one-size-fits-all is great for many women, maybe many don't even know their tummy problems are from the prenatal, not baby?

I only ask because I do remember getting folgard during IVF before...Now they just said take prenatals... the one that was recommended was Rainbow Light

https://www.rainbowlight.com/prenatal-vitamins-prenatal-one-multivitamin.aspx

Well, Boopin yours looks organic alright but both Rainbowlight and Garden of Life put calcium in the same pill as iron. And the iron is from non heme veg sources so you'll likely not be absorbing very much if it. Rainbow Light has folic acid, Garden of life has folate but I'd be needing to pop quite a few of those to get the amount of folate that my doctor recommended. I think you ladies need to decide for yourselves what vits are important to you...what amounts, and go for what you feel comfortable with. The reviews are great on both but the reviews were great for pregvit5 which I was taking in my first few ivf's.

Boopin, glad to hear you are getting everything set for October.
It's interesting to read the stuff about folate v folic acid. I have only every taken the folic acid 400mcg and Vit D. 2 have - you certainly know your stuff :thumbup:
Pinkie, how did you get on today?
We had our 20 week scan today and I'm thrilled that everything seems to be good. :flower: I can definitely feel baby move about now which is so lovely and reassuring x.
LL, are you planning to cycle again soon?
Vonn, any updates??

Wow 2have, you are the vitamin queen!!

Boopin, good luck with choosing your perfect cocktail it can be a little overwhelming sometimes but you'll get there and I think its great to start sooner rather than later.

A quick update from me ladies. We had our 12 week scan today, its something I have only ever dreamed of. Everything looks perfect and we've been given EDD 05/02/17. I am not sure when this is going to start feeling real but very happy x

Bluebell, congratulations on reaching 20 weeks hun, what an amazing feeling. Do you know what you're having or are you sticking with team Yellow? X

Thanks Pinkie :flower:- we are team yellow although my mum and her friend had me lying on the carpet today and were dangling a bit of wool with a wedding ring attached over my stomach. If you believe old wives tales we are having a girl lol !!!
Thrilled to bits for you Pinkie, it is def real so enjoy :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ohhh that's fantastic news for both of you Bluebell & Pinkie!! Congrats in passing milestones Pinkie, I know that feeling. Both DH and I burst into tears with the 12 week scan for MacKinley. She was a fighter! And still is. I'm laying in bed trying to catch up on some sleep listening to her fight her afternoon nap with dad. Poor thing (DH I mean lol). Bluebell isn't movement the most reassuring thing? At first I was always thinking that baby wanted out, but the hiccups are hilarious. DH loved feeling movements too.

When you have soooo many failures as Crystal and I have and those ivf's are so so expensive, you reserarch the heck out of everything, we end up learning so much more than we bargain for along the way. I just read about a twin mom who only took enough folic acid for 1 baby and wound up with spina bifida babies. I trust my GP when I find things like this - it was her that recommended 5mg folate and told me about iron(heme vs non-heme) / calcium etc and I feel lucky to have a GP doctor who practiced as an OB in her early years. She said it ruined her sleep and with her 4 girls she took a different direction (luckily for me) for a more stable home life and put on the GP hat. But to find out that Crystal was given the same advice, 5mg folate and I think we even had the same dose of prednisone - makes me even more confident in the advice I've been given. Once you get a stink doctor (thinking about my FS here at the local clinic) you appreciate the little extras you get from good doctors. I'm just very grateful to have figured out what my body needs to hold a pregnancy. Most doctors will shrug and send you off like my original FS did with a standard prenatal and a tally ho! I feel my GP spends extra time going over small details with me and maybe it's made a difference in my health over the years?

Pinkie & Bluebell--Yay! :dance::dance: What wonderful news, so happy for you both!

2have & Crystal--thanks for sharing all your knowledge, it is super helpful.

AFM--my nurse was out today but I messaged another nurse asking if the donor's genetic screening results were in yet and she sent me back a response: "Her results came back negative for everything." 'Negative' sounds bad so it took me a second to realize that was good news. We have a donor! I'll have to get the specifics from my nurse when she's back, but I think baseline will be last week of August & we'll head to NY mid-Sept. Sounds great!

I'm so happy for you Vonn!! :happydance: That's EXCELLENT news!! xx

Bluebell and Pinkie - Great to hear your babies are happy & healthy!! :hugs:

Pinkie and bluebell that is amazing ladies!!! Congrats what a milestone!!

LL, most of the population can absorb folic acid but if you have MTHFR it builds and builds and isn't broken down properly. It can cause a whole host of issues but the worst in pregnancy is if it isn't being broke down the baby isn't receiving what it needs. Older mums also require more calcium I take Caltrate with vitamin D as you need vitamin D to absorb the calcium, I'm also on the prenatal Elevit, iron tablet but I was quite anaemic in pregnancy and it got worse after the girls so am still building my numbers back up. I think that's all I take for vitamins :)

Boopin I take Megafol 5 not sure if you have anything like that where you are but its folate 5mgs separately to the prenatals.

Oh I see, well I've never been told I have that so guess if it comes up I would have to adjust

So when are you off to Reprofit again Crystal?

Oh I see, well I've never been told I have that so guess if it comes up I would have to adjust

So when are you off to Reprofit again Crystal?
Sounds like you've been tested for MTHFR LLB? For your doctor to advise you about it one way or another?

no I don't believe I have but they did test for other stuff

Lol well I asked and was told this "It is only an issue for patients who have abnormal MTHFR AND abnormal homocysteine. Not anything you need to be worried about"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->